The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2015 - Let the Games Begin

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by DownToTheRiver
I did a vac scheme at Farrers and interviewed last week - they did say that they hold the vac schemer interviews first though. Nothing from Withers or Harbottle & Lewis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great news on the interview - hope it goes well for you!
Original post by elmopsk
Hey, thanks for letting me know - hopefully no news is good news!

Lewis Silkin have made at least 1 TC offer (not to me lol). But I reckon they might be staggering offers. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tbears
To hopefully make everyone feel a bit better, I have applied to 21 firms, got 17 PFOs, haven't heard back from 3 and have 1 interview on Friday. I get the impression this is just really, really hard...

Sorry to hear about your PFOs but well done on the interview! Remember it only takes one...
Reply 1343
PFO's from TLT and BS. Got an AC with Osborne Clarke on Monday - has anyone got any tips/experience on the day?

Also has anyone heard from goodman derrick yet?
Original post by lbu07
PFO's from TLT and BS. Got an AC with Osborne Clarke on Monday - has anyone got any tips/experience on the day?

Also has anyone heard from goodman derrick yet?

Nothing from Goodman Derrick, neither has my friend.

Also just had a cruise through my emails and apparently I completed but never actually sent the TLT application. Good one from me.
I have an upcoming interview with Slaughter and May.
Reply 1346
Does anyone know how many people TLT take on their assessment day? Still waiting to hear :s
I've found reading these posts really useful so thought I may as well share my info in case it helps anyone else! Good luck everyone!

Linklaters - Assessment Day
BDB - Assessment Day
HFW - Not heard
Kennedys - Not heard
Gateley - Not heard
Boodle Hatfield - Assessment Day
Ashurst - Not heard
Penningtons - Not heard
SJ Berwin - Not heard
Baker and McKenzie - Not heard
Speechly - VRT, NRT
Withers - Not heard
RPC - Not heard
Reply 1348
For Ashurst, applied 19/7, PFO 6/8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Penningtons need to sort it out - we are all in the dark!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PotterLaw
Penningtons need to sort it out - we are all in the dark!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree! :smile:
Reply 1351
Original post by daisy0123
I've found reading these posts really useful so thought I may as well share my info in case it helps anyone else! Good luck everyone!

Linklaters - Assessment Day

Congrats, and thanks for the update. Can I ask when you applied/heard back from linklaters.
Original post by SEYH
Congrats, and thanks for the update. Can I ask when you applied/heard back from linklaters.

Applied about ten days before the deadline and was asked to complete tests and then interview about two days after deadline.
Original post by Nordic
I've been obsessively checking this thread in addition to having my email open 24/7. Anyways, I thought I should contribute something to help out my fellow nervous applicants.

Firms / Results

Clifford Chance- PFO
DWF- Not Heard
FBD- Not Heard
Shoosmiths- PFO
Wragg- PFO
Addleshaw Goddard (Manchester) - Had telephone interview today
FFW- Not Heard
Slaughter & May- Not Heard, but applied through a different avenue
Mills & Reve- PFO
Irwin Mitchell (Manchester)- Attended AC, will hear back in early September
Hill Dickinson- PFO
Pinsent Masons (Manchester)- Not Heard
Eversheds (Manchester)- Not Heard
DLA Piper- PFO
SGH Martineau- Not Heard
Ince & Co - Not Heard
Norton Rose Fulbright -PFO
RPC - Not Heard
Bird & Bird- Not Heard, which based on other comments I'm taking as a good thing right now
Bond Dickinson- Completed a VS in June

Well done on Irwin Mitchell and Addleshaw. If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply to Irwin Mitchell? I applied to Sheffield, had my telephone interview at the end of July and have heard nothing since. They said they did ACs through September too, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

How was the AC anyway?
Invited to interviews at Olswang and Sheridans, applied pretty close to the deadlines.

Shout out to all the h8ers.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Invited to interviews at Olswang and Sheridans, applied pretty close to the deadlines.

Shout out to all the h8ers.

Congrats! :five:
Original post by Tortious
Congrats! :five:

Cheers, pretty shocked, aha! Definitely attributing this to divine intervention 'cos there's no logical explanation for this!
Is anyone else here waiting for the results of the CRT for GLS? It says on the site results should be out by 8pm today. (Although I know the deadline to take it this morning hasn't passed yet!)
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!
Applied to one firm, had phone interview. Went pretty well I think.

I like to live dangerously.
Original post by EvelyRose
Is anyone else here waiting for the results of the CRT for GLS? It says on the site results should be out by 8pm today. (Although I know the deadline to take it this morning hasn't passed yet!)
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Also waiting. Not the best CRT I've ever done so not too hopeful. Will let you know if I hear anything! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest