The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The lift of the cap at ABB and above has potentially opened up more of the top universities for Clearing... They are only constrained by physical space now, not the government's limit on student numbers.
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
The lift of the cap at ABB and above has potentially opened up more of the top universities for Clearing... They are only constrained by physical space now, not the government's limit on student numbers.

I'm still shocked as I've heard in recent years Durham have had very few (if any) courses on clearing before.
Reply 3
This is so confusing.. some courses say AAB but i thought you could apply for any clearing/ Adjustment spots if you get ABB?
Reply 4
They're up for very competitive courses like law. I did not expect at all to see Durham in clearing to be honest.
Reply 5
Original post by *Stefan*
They're up for very competitive courses like law. I did not expect at all to see Durham in clearing to be honest.

also economics, ppe, maths etc.. ? A part of me thinks I'm doing something wrong with the ucas search engine lol
Original post by ih094
This is so confusing.. some courses say AAB but i thought you could apply for any clearing/ Adjustment spots if you get ABB?

The university can still request whatever grades they want, it's just they won't be fined for having too many ABB or above students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MX123
I'm still shocked as I've heard in recent years Durham have had very few (if any) courses on clearing before.

But in previous years, their student numbers have been limited by the government. This year, ABB or above numbers are only restricted by physical lecture theatre size and accommodation availability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I bet you at 5:01pm, all the clearing/adjustment spaces will be physically full for Durham.
Reply 9
Strange stuff, there are a lot of competitive courses in clearing this year, it doesn't make a lot of sense. I suppose a lot of factors have probably contributed, but I'm honestly surprised at the number of Law vacancies across the universities. I don't know much about applying for Law, but it's one of the most competitive courses..?
I'm curious to see what we can take from the analysis of this year's cycle once the dust has settled.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
WHY am i seeing durham clearing for law? strangest thing
Reply 11
Original post by Flowerii
Strange stuff, there are a lot of competitive courses in clearing this year, it doesn't make a lot of sense. I suppose a lot of factors have probably contributed, but I'm honestly surprised at the number of Law vacancies across universities. I don't know much about applying for Law, but it's one of the most competitive, yes?

im applying for law, so surprised, gutted birmingham arent clearing for straight law :frown:
Original post by libroberts
WHY am i seeing durham clearing for law? strangest thing

I assume that they either messed up the number of offers they sent out or they have extra spaces in the single digits
Reply 13
Original post by libroberts
im applying for law, so surprised, gutted birmingham arent clearing for straight law :frown:

Best of luck for today, I hope it all goes well for you :hugs:
The one I just checked is only for international, make sure you check that tab out too
Reply 15
Original post by Flowerii
Best of luck for today, I hope it all goes well for you :hugs:

thank you! and you if you're expecting results! :smile:
Reply 16
medicine (foundation year) is also in clearing, anyone see that as well?
Reply 17
Original post by Jack93o

I think it's for mature students only though?
Original post by Jack93o

Yeah, I saw it earlier and thought that was weird :s-smilie: I'm assuming its an error or it's reserved for int'l applicants like last year when there was a spot at a uni (think it was Nottingham?).
Reply 19
Original post by venenecinema
or they have extra spaces in the single digits

Exactly.

Something being in Clearing doesn't say anything about the number of spaces. They might want to see who applies and then pick a few good applicants - there's no rule saying "you must accept everyone who has the grades you're asking for".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending