The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James A
Durham in clearing is a shocker though!

This and a ****load of Manchester courses.
Original post by JFA 95
DURHAM is in clearing? My course. Does that mean loads of people missed their offers? THIS WORRIES ME.

Durham is in clearing for quite a few courses I think. I was searching for Physics and several top Unis came up, Durham being one of them (for Nat Sci). Try not to worry! It probably means they under-offered.
Original post by HarryMWilliams
What happened to you sleeping? :tongue:

Help a brah out, I can't sleeeeeeeeeep.

xD!!!!!!
Original post by HarryMWilliams
What happened to you sleeping? :tongue:

Sleep? One simply does not sleep during results day!
I'm incredibly confused. I've just had a look at clearing on the ucas website, and there's quite a lot of competitive pharmacy courses including those at reputable universities.
The Birmingham admissions tutor told me that he got twelve applicants per place for MPharm last year, so how could the course be on clearing this year? ...
Reply 9345
Original post by AlesanaWill
Durham is in clearing for quite a few courses I think. I was searching for Physics and several top Unis came up, Durham being one of them (for Nat Sci). Try not to worry! It probably means they under-offered.

I hope you're right, I'm really worried now :frown:
Original post by kidomo
Sleep? One simply does not sleep during results day!

you can sleep when you're dead!
Reply 9347
Lots of Uni's are in clearing purely because the cap was removed by the government about how many ABB and AAB above students they are allowed to take on right? I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing :s-smilie:
Im waiting for As results tomorow and i am intrigued to know what does "clearing" mean when it comes to unis
Original post by chelseafan
Am I screwed if I get CCDU at AS?

Nope. I got DDC in my first AS year, retook and decided to actually take my education seriously, got AAB, and now have a uni offer of AAA. I was scared that unis wouldn't give me offers because of my first results but I got all of them.
All is not lost!
Reply 9350
This may sound like a stupid q, but I generally don't know as my course is not in clearing. But where can you see which courses are in clearing?
Original post by Hdizzle
Yes I did!
Thought it was a good paper so I'm not surprised!

I did too!! TBH I have noo clue what im gonna get
I dont understand the grade boundaries tho...I only did AS and I aint doing A2 so do I look at the "Cashing in" boundaries or the normal boundaries??
So does this mean if you are in clearing with ABB, you are pretty much sorted? Where does that leave the BBB/BBC students?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JFA 95
DURHAM is in clearing? My course. Does that mean loads of people missed their offers? THIS WORRIES ME.

Do you have a list of courses at Durham that are in Clearing? I can't find them on the website. :frown:

Edit: Silly me, I never knew you could search on the UCAS website. :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
7 hours and 21 minutes guys. Not like the last 2 years and next 3/4 (or more I guess!) depend on this or anything. Nope. Not at all.
It's official. I hate the words "You'll be fine". They don't reassure me AT ALL.
Luckily, I have 900 more pages of 'A Dance With Dragons' to finish off until exam results are posted at 6am. Thank you George R.R Martin for writing this series. :bhangra:
Original post by kidomo
x

Well, I would agree.. hence I'm awake!

Original post by James A
x

So, you were defeated. :tongue:
Original post by emah123
This may sound like a stupid q, but I generally don't know as my course is not in clearing. But where can you see which courses are in clearing?

Telegraph.
Original post by aldanyh
I'm incredibly confused. I've just had a look at clearing on the ucas website, and there's quite a lot of competitive pharmacy courses including those at reputable universities.
The Birmingham admissions tutor told me that he got twelve applicants per place for MPharm last year, so how could the course be on clearing this year? ...

Most pharmacy unis are in clearing, unsurprisingly.

Birmingham you mean got 12 applicants per place for this year! This is the first year birmingham are running the MPharm course.
Reply 9359
Original post by Badman1231
Im waiting for As results tomorow and i am intrigued to know what does "clearing" mean when it comes to unis

It's basically where universities offer up their unfilled places on their courses to students who either haven't applied somewhere else or haven't met their previous offers. However in some cases it allows people to go to better courses if they have done better than expected :smile: does that make sense? :smile:

Latest