The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9700
Original post by kidomo
If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?

My firm university...
Original post by mike380
That's my insurance
My firm is Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firm is Compsci at Warwick too :smile:
Original post by Nitrogen
I heard the environment around lancaster is really good. Nice, quiet and generally pleasant scenery is what I heard :tongue:

Yeah it is, and it's a reasonable train's journey away from Manchester and Liverpool too. I also have a scholarship with a software company who will pay for my tuition fees in Northern Ireland and give me a job as well, but I'd much rather go to university normally for some reason. I feel like whatever I choose I'll regret not having chosen the other option lol.
Original post by ColourDog
I want to sleep to pass time quicker....:rolleyes: but just can't!

Blurghhh

Whats the uni you want to go if you dont mind me asking :smile:
Original post by Natoo95
would anyone here have to quit their job to get into a uni? if I miss my firm then this is my predicament :frown: love my job, any advice?

Discuss a transfer with your boss? I would research whether or not the 'company' is available in the city your chosen University is placed at.
Reply 9705
Original post by iCiaran
Firm is Compsci at Warwick too :smile:

Three year or four year masters
I went for the four year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by billyfisher100
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, all edexcel

U will be fine, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9707
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
Discuss a transfer with your boss? I would research whether or not the 'company' is available in the city your chosen University is placed at.

sorry, probably hard to understand without not knowing what i do, im a carer, look after people at a disabled centre. i would eb giving up a lot of friends and the money that gets me by!

not a big company or anything
I was planning on catching up with Naruto all night but I just cannot concentrate. /:cry2:
Original post by mathieuh
Yeah it is, and it's a reasonable train's journey away from Manchester and Liverpool too. I also have a scholarship with a software company who will pay for my tuition fees in Northern Ireland and give me a job as well, but I'd much rather go to university normally for some reason. I feel like whatever I choose I'll regret not having chosen the other option lol.

I'd personally go for the first offer because that is VERY generous and hard to come across. I think you'll regret it more if you went to University normally, but that's just me!
Original post by mathieuh

I live in manchester haha. Thats impressive congrats! I'd always say studying in england would be better than studying in NI.
Original post by Nitrogen
Great stuff, are you confident?

Not in the slightest haha
Original post by Daniellejo.
I was planning on catching up with Naruto all night but I just cannot concentrate. /:cry2:

Im up to date, so I dont have anything to watch :frown:

Ive done the same with Waitrose, and fingers crossed there might be a vacancy if I get the grades...nervous wait...

it is defiantly worth asking, you have nothing to loose. Alternatively, look on the companies website to see if they have any vacancies where you would like to go.

I'd put uni before your job as with uni, you have the chance to go further up the rankings, so to speak and you will be seen to be better qualified by employers and have the chance to apply for graduate programmes which are usually very good!!

I hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by May-o2q
U will be fine, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, you too! :smile:
Reply 9715
Suppose I'll go back to YouTube vids to pass the time.

I could get a Cytube working if anyone feels like joining.
Reply 9716
Watching Royle family, happened to be the episode about Anthony going to university, everything making me nervous
I have the option to open on ccea at 7am but I am not doing that as I feel bad about that.
I'd personally go for the first offer because that is VERY generous and hard to come across. I think you'll regret it more if you went to University normally, but that's just me!

That's what everyone keeps telling me... I don't know though, you only get to do the "university experience" once, and I'm also pretty active like writing iPhone apps and stuff, so although the work experience would be really valuable, I still feel like I'd be OK getting a job after uni... damn it, I'm too young to be making these kinds of life-affecting decisions!
Original post by Natoo95
sorry, probably hard to understand without not knowing what i do, im a carer, look after people at a disabled centre. i would eb giving up a lot of friends and the money that gets me by!

not a big company or anything

Well it's up to you as that is a hard decision you have to make. However, you have to realise, or you already do, that life moves on. I have moved home 5 times now and I'm only turning 20 in September. I have gone through a lot of friendships and I know it's hard, but you can always stay in touch. I visit my friends every year from my home town in Birmingham each August. If they are truly your friends then they won't mind this at all :redface:

I am planning to meet my best friend Jess every chance I get when I return to where she currently resides.

Also, because you have relevant work experience I think it would be a lot easier for you to obtain a part time job in the field you've been working in. So I am sure that you'll be able to find a job that pays similar or more.

Latest