The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nitrogen
Whats the uni you want to go if you dont mind me asking :smile:

Exeter :smile: ..... Fingers crossed! (Although not feeling hopeful :colondollar:)

How about you?
Reply 9721
Original post by AspiringGenius
How do you know what grades you got exactly :eek:

School put them up online :yep:

:party:
Original post by ColourDog
Exeter :smile: ..... Fingers crossed! (Although not feeling hopeful :colondollar:)

How about you?

Exeter is great! Good luck :biggrin: UCL for me, not feeling confident though -_-
Reply 9723
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
Well it's up to you as that is a hard decision you have to make. However, you have to realise, or you already do, that life moves on. I have moved home 5 times now and I'm only turning 20 in September. I have gone through a lot of friendships and I know it's hard, but you can always stay in touch. I visit my friends every year from my home town in Birmingham each August. If they are truly your friends then they won't mind this at all :redface:

I am planning to meet my best friend Jess every chance I get when I return to where she currently resides.

Also, because you have relevant work experience I think it would be a lot easier for you to obtain a part time job in the field you've been working in. So I am sure that you'll be able to find a job that pays similar or more.

Thanks for the advice :smile: really grateful
Argggh, I finally fell asleep and I've naturally woken up an hour later wide awake! :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mathieuh
That's what everyone keeps telling me... I don't know though, you only get to do the "university experience" once, and I'm also pretty active like writing iPhone apps and stuff, so although the work experience would be really valuable, I still feel like I'd be OK getting a job after uni... damn it, I'm too young to be making these kinds of life-affecting decisions!

Well the University experience really starts to die down after the first year is complete because it's the 2nd and 3rd years that count most to your degree.

It's a really hard decision, but you should go for what you feel is right in your heart.
Reply 9726
Original post by Arva
School put them up online :yep:

:party:

I am so jealous right now :frown:
Original post by billyfisher100
So, what subjects is everyone waiting for?

French, Spanish and Latin
It seems there are a lot of places available on clearing, is this normal or are there more than usual?
my college releases results at 6am via email. ****ting myself :/
Original post by Ninjabutterfly
Well the University experience really starts to die down after the first year is complete because it's the 2nd and 3rd years that count most to your degree.

It's a really hard decision, but you should go for what you feel is right in your heart.

Perhaps I won't have got my firm anyway and the choice will be taken out of my hands (in some weird way I'm kind of hoping for this). Alea iacta est I guess, I'll found out in a few hours
Original post by Nitrogen
Exeter is great! Good luck :biggrin: UCL for me, not feeling confident though -_-

Good luck to you too!:smile: my friend goes to UCL and she loves it :smile:
Reply 9732
You lucky people with your early results release :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 9733
Just before 6PM my first choice university sent an email titled "Congratulations on your success" saying we're looking forward to you joining us blah blah etc - followed by info about scholarships. Then an email several hours later apologizing saying that it due to human error the email was sent prematurely.

Does this mean the congratulations was valid or an error? I swear they're just teasing me to **** with my head. :s-smilie:
Original post by ColourDog
Good luck to you too!:smile: my friend goes to UCL and she loves it :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Glenis.k
It seems there are a lot of places available on clearing, is this normal or are there more than usual?

More than usual and this could be for a variety of reasons.

I think it may be primarily because Universities are allowed to take on more students this year which equals more funding. So, they may be being greedy.

On AQA the grade boundaries at A2 don't seem to be in the majority that harsh. I think it will be the pretty standard amount getting a place into University. I cannot say the same for other exam boards.

Also, the number of applications is still 'down' from the £9,000 tuition rise
Original post by Zurvan
Just before 6PM my first choice university sent an email titled "Congratulations on your success" saying we're looking forward to you joining us blah blah etc - followed by info about scholarships. Then an email several hours later apologizing saying that it due to human error the email was sent prematurely.

Does this mean the congratulations was valid or an error? I swear they're just teasing me to **** with my head. :s-smilie:

If I were organising a massive mailing list, I'd have the email addys on the list already sorted out, take from that what you will :wink:
Original post by mike380
Three year or four year masters
I went for the four year

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 years for now, might try and switch up later
Original post by billyfisher100
So, what subjects is everyone waiting for?

German, English Literature and Sociology (all A2)
Really craving a massive pizza for comfort eating purposes... Unfortunately I think the takeaway may be shut :/

Latest