The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9840
Original post by Neena
4 Hours and 20 Minutes!! :O

Subtle :bong::bong:
I just have this constant sinking feeling, along with a lump in my throat and butterflies... all at once.. AHHHHH! I'm not guranteed anything so all 3 grades will be a surprise. :eek:
Reply 9842
Is it bad that I've come to the stage where I don't actually care what my grades are? All I want is to make my offer - the rest just feels irrelevant :colondollar:
Original post by xDanny 117
I just have this constant sinking feeling, along with a lump in my throat and butterflies... all at once.. AHHHHH! I'm not guranteed anything so all 3 grades will be a surprise. :eek:

I'm only waiting on a chemistry grade, both biology and psychology would have to be flopped 90% to get below a B.

What are your subjects?
Reply 9844
Original post by fliortia
Is it bad that I've come to the stage where I don't actually care what my grades are? All I want is to make my offer - the rest just feels irrelevant :colondollar:

It's probably worse that I've been at this stage the moment I finished my exams. Just need to get into my firm, rest idc.
Reply 9845
Original post by Cryl
It's probably worse that I've been at this stage the moment I finished my exams. Just need to get into my firm, rest idc.

All through my revision I was just thinking 'just need AAB, just need AAB' - where are you hoping on going/what's your offer?
Original post by HearingWhat?
wow how weird - i got a C in History and I had my heart set on doing it, but now I just don't know what to do. I've got A's in Maths and Biology and a B (which I should get pushed up to an A after I retake an ISA) in Physics but History is what I enjoy, the one I really wished to do at university. The thing is, I tried harder for History than I did my others so maybe it's just not meant to be but I really don't know what to do! I'm naturally good at sciencey stuff but I don't want to spend 3 years of my life doing something I don't enjoy even if I am good at it. I'm just disappointed and confused.

Thank you though

C in History at AS level. Same. When I got my results I panicked. Then my teacher told me to keep my chin up, retake, and stay with applying for it at uni. I nearly switched to geography. It paid off, I ended up, (with a bit of hardwork) getting an A* at A2. And I'm now studying at Warwick.

Apply for what you enjoy and really, truly believe you are good at. If you need any tips or advice or anything message me. I've been there.
Reply 9847
That horrible moment when your laptop decides to crash and you get an e-mail from amazon :sigh:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!!!!! A huge bat just flew into my room!!!! I've bombed out of there and am camping out in the living room :yikes:
lol yururghghg can't sleep
Reply 9850
All through my revision I was just thinking 'just need AAB, just need AAB' - where are you hoping on going/what's your offer?

Me too! And mine's AAA. :/ But the good thing is that my second-choice uni is in clearing for ABB. So if I don't get into my firm, I could probably get into my second-choice uni which isn't too different from my firm. :smile: It might be the same for you! Dw :smile:
Reply 9851
I literally, dont care about grades anymore. Just wanna get in :P
Reply 9852
Original post by HearingWhat?
wow how weird - i got a C in History and I had my heart set on doing it, but now I just don't know what to do. I've got A's in Maths and Biology and a B (which I should get pushed up to an A after I retake an ISA) in Physics but History is what I enjoy, the one I really wished to do at university. The thing is, I tried harder for History than I did my others so maybe it's just not meant to be but I really don't know what to do! I'm naturally good at sciencey stuff but I don't want to spend 3 years of my life doing something I don't enjoy even if I am good at it. I'm just disappointed and confused.

Thank you though

Hiya, have been quietly snooping for some time now but saw this and knew I needed to tell you that you NEED to get this remarked. A friend of mine studying History at Cambridge got a C in his AS and it was remarked up; similarly, my best friend studying Law got a B at History AS which went up several marks to an A after a remark. I would strongly advise a remark, as essay subject marking is so subjective.
Reply 9853
Dreading the disappointment I know I am going to feel :frown:
Reply 9854
Original post by T_x
Hiya, have been quietly snooping for some time now but saw this and knew I needed to tell you that you NEED to get this remarked. A friend of mine studying History at Cambridge got a C in his AS and it was remarked up; similarly, my best friend studying Law got a B at History AS which went up several marks to an A after a remark. I would strongly advise a remark, as essay subject marking is so subjective.

I sent my History papers off to Edexcel for a remark and they reappeared the same day without so much as a single UMS mark changed after paying £84 and the entire history department telling me that they could suggest no improvements for my answers - and many other people had similar experiences that I know. I would be wary of the exam boards.
just got my results, massive shock and really low but enough to get into uni, failed one of my final units :O
Original post by frappe framboise
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!!!!! A huge bat just flew into my room!!!! I've bombed out of there and am camping out in the living room :yikes:

I literally gasped when I read this lol.
I feel for you :frown: :afraid:
Reply 9857
I sent my History papers off to Edexcel for a remark and they reappeared the same day without so much as a single UMS mark changed after paying £84 and the entire history department telling me that they could suggest no improvements for my answers - and many other people had similar experiences that I know. I would be wary of the exam boards.

Well, obviously your experiences vary from mine. I do think, however, that OP (and you) would wonder about what could have been if you hadn't sent your papers off for a remark. What course/uni are you hoping to get into? :smile:
Reply 9858
Original post by usernameishard
just got my results, massive shock and really low but enough to get into uni, failed one of my final units :O

:hugs: I'm sorry. Dw, there are plenty course in clearing! :smile:
Original post by lilGem
That horrible moment when your laptop decides to crash and you get an e-mail from amazon :sigh:

I got an email saying "Clearing and Adjustment" but couldn't see who it was from, turns out to be a mass e-mail from Kent about it - my heart skipped a little beat. :s-smilie:

Latest