The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by slayer12
I personally don't think extra curricular activities have much bearing, and generally you should write a few lines-a paragraph on them and you'll be fine.

Second this. EC's are not as important as made out to be. Got an offer to start in September with poor grades in comparison to other applicants. Focus on the specifics of your course and why you'd be suited to study it. EC's should take up a short paragraph of 4 or so lines at most in my opinion.

Good luck everybody, you've all got a long, nervous but exciting wait ahead of you. Hope to see you next year!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 101
I want to do Maths&Econ at LSE, but I'm not taking further maths
It says further maths is highly recommended so I'm not sure whether I would have a chance.
And it also depends on my AS results, if I'm not getting all As I will go for management.
I'm planning to apply for Bsc Actuarial Science. Anyone else applying for Act Sci?...

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 103
A-maths 90%A-psychology 88%A-economics 81%B-physics 75% (dropping for A2)A-Russian 100%Gcse 4A* 1A 4B and a C in artGoing to apply for Accounting and Finnace for 2014:smile: do you think I have good enough chances? Is anyone else applying to A&F what did you get?
Reply 104
Original post by anyap
A-maths 90%A-psychology 88%A-economics 81%B-physics 75% (dropping for A2)A-Russian 100%Gcse 4A* 1A 4B and a C in artGoing to apply for Accounting and Finnace for 2014:smile: do you think I have good enough chances? Is anyone else applying to A&F what did you get?

Looks good enough to me, provided that you'll be able to come up with a solid PS.

A&F is not the most competitive course, but it is high up there though.

+ They wouldn't recognise your Russian as a suitable qualification.
Hey everyone :biggrin:
I am planning on applying for Economics or A&F this october, however, my AS results are AABB and I will retake some modules. Do I stand a chance with these grades even after a retake?
Reply 106
Original post by Purple_fox
Hey everyone :biggrin:
I am planning on applying for Economics or A&F this october, however, my AS results are AABB and I will retake some modules. Do I stand a chance with these grades even after a retake?

Unfortunately your chances for Economics are very slim.
I got AAAC in Maths, FM, Economics and Computing. I want to do Maths and Economics do I stand a good chance? I've already got 1/3rd of an A* in Further maths done as I achieved a 90 in S2 as well as an average of 90%+ in Maths so my predictions are likely to be A*A*A (Haven't gotten them yet). My GCSE's are 1 A*, 4 A's 2 B's and 3 C's. I know my GCSE's are lacking however I believe I have a strong enough PS as well like attending taster courses, going to lectures/talks, extra reading and even did a presentation at Canary Wharf. Do I have a chance? I will also be taking STEP.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey everyone! I'm planning on applying for law at LSE! Anyone else applying for law? :smile:
Reply 109
If anyone has any questions about applying for Economics, let me know by PM or quote me, I'm scheduled to start this year! Good luck to you all :colone:
Reply 110
Original post by JOR2010
If anyone has any questions about applying for Economics, let me know by PM or quote me, I'm scheduled to start this year! Good luck to you all :colone:

im guessing results went well for you pal! which hall are you staying in?
Reply 111
I got AABB in maths 92%, history 88%, economics 74% and psychology 78%.
GCSE's were 1A*, 7A's and 5B's

Planning to apply for Management!
Do you think there's a chance I would be made an offer? I know they're not the strongest grades
And I'm not really sure how competitive the course is!
Reply 112
Original post by TPJY
im guessing results went well for you pal! which hall are you staying in?

Yes thanks, got my A* in Maths thank goodness, with my 100 in C3 :') did they go okay for you too? Hopefully Connaught, you? I'm still waiting to hear..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Original post by shu.

Do you think there's a chance I would be made an offer? I know they're not the strongest grades

Looks okay, you should exceed the typical offer anyway so go for it! Just make sure your Bs are predicted as As.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I'm from Bulgaria. I'm applying for Government :smile:) My diploma is excellent but I just can't stop worrying about the English language requirements...I have CPE with C :ashamed2:
Reply 115
Original post by JOR2010
Yes thanks, got my A* in Maths thank goodness, with my 100 in C3 :') did they go okay for you too? Hopefully Connaught, you? I'm still waiting to hear..

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i was relieved at mine too, some how i did better in C3 than C4 even though i had a complete mare :tongue: yepp made the offer comfortably in the end so all good :smile: im at rosebery, looking forward to it!
Reply 116
Original post by JOR2010
Looks okay, you should exceed the typical offer anyway so go for it! Just make sure your Bs are predicted as As.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good, thanks! Hopefully it's okay anyway :biggrin:
Yeah I think they will be :smile:
Original post by shu.

Hey I applied last year for management and i'm heading there this september! I think you'll have a good chance for getting an offer, your GCSE's are about the same level as mine (4A*'s. 4A's and 3 B's), And your AS Levels are better than mine (AABC in Maths, ICT, Business and German respectively).

All you would need is a really great Personal Statement, I'd use the LSE PS guide as it is really detailed (http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/makingAnApplication/personalStatement/generalInformation.aspx) also look at "what is looked for in a PS" thing on the bsc management admission criteria page (http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/departmentalAdmissionsCriteria2014/management.aspx), as this will tell you what to write.

however if you wanted to make your application stronger I would say do an EPQ, as i think it really helped me get the offer and even when i missed the offer by getting A* in Maths and B's in German and Business, the A* i got in EPQ definitely helped me to get in. IF you wanted i could send you my PS and you could PM me if you had any questions.
Reply 118
Original post by JOR2010

Awesome, i'll remember this haha :smile: Thanks in advance, gonna apply for Maths with Economics and Actuarial Science
Hey,
I just got my AS results and was hoping for some advice. I want to apply for a management course at LSE. I have no idea why the standard offer is only AAB could someone clarify? Is it a bad course? My grades were A maths, A physics, A business studies and B in chemistry. My IGCSE grades were 4A*s, 3A, 2B, 1C. Would I stand a chance? And I'm hoping for a prediction of at least one A*. Thank you in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending