The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PythianLegume
Thought people I've been talking to on this thread might be interested: I got into Cambridge :biggrin:

Still awaiting grades.

:party: congrats
Original post by Gina
So my boyfriend has received an Unconditional from his insurance, and an unconditional place with significant changes from his firm. He's really happy with this an all and wants to know how long does he have to decide!

He has 5 days to decide whether or not he wants to accept his firm changed offer.
Original post by richiemct
Got an ABU for my AS results, I need help. What will I do from here? That U is clearly a brick wall. Will it be possible to repeat next year while studying for A2?

Right. Firstly, don't panic. You could definitely resit the entire AS level and do the A2 at the same time. I did that with German. Went from a C at AS to an A, and a B overall.
Got my results; A*A*A*A, would have made the uni process much easier and a lot quicker if they had predicted me anywhere near these grades. Thank god Imperial took faith in me in the end after worrying about my lower predictions.
Original post by Jullith
Just got back from getting my results. Got A*AB.

A* in Art, almost 100% UMS
A in Maths, 1 mark of an A*. FML. 1 mark. Just 1. I cried.
B in Physics. Really wanted an A, was only 5 marks off from it. :frown:

Disappointed, but still happy that I got into my firm. :smile:

Send maths off for a remark, I would.
Reply 1185
I also got into my uni of choice but was down one grade what I had hoped for and completely screwed up another subject :/ but we shall move on from this! :biggrin:
Reply 1186
Original post by Ecosse_14
He has 5 days to decide whether or not he wants to accept his firm changed offer.

Brilliant thank you!

Also, GOING TO BRISTOL YAAAAY
AAB and the Welsh Baccalaureate. No complaints :biggrin:

Roll on Uni
Original post by Gina
Brilliant thank you!

No worries! :h:

Congrats!
Reply 1189
i'm in limbo. missed my firm and now insurance by a grade and they haven't decided. rang them and they say they dont know when they will decide...
I got into Exeter for history! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :biggrin:
Original post by tp6cl4
Hi everyone!
I am having some problem.
I am currently abroad so I can go to my school and collect my results.
And its taking ages for my universities to reply!

any suggestion on how to get my the results?
thank!

TC

You can ring your school to get your results, though that might be an expensive call. If you haven't arranged for a proxy, then your school will probably post them to you as your unable to collect them.
Original post by Gina
Brilliant thank you!

you received any emails from them so far?

I've also got into bristol as my firm
Reply 1193
Original post by pricey26
I got into Exeter for history! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :biggrin:

Well done :biggrin:
Original post by physicsnut
Got my results; A*A*A*A, would have made the uni process much easier and a lot quicker if they had predicted me anywhere near these grades. Thank god Imperial took faith in me in the end after worrying about my lower predictions.

Just the 3 A*'s then? :wink:

Congratulations! Out of interest what subjects did you do, I'm guessing you're off to study Physics?
Well I needed an A in English and 2 Bs in my other 2 subjects (History and Business) to do English and History joint.

Safe to say I screwed up. Is there a chance I could apply for History only at my choices before I apply for clearing. After I decided to do the joint course I ended up regretting it and wished I had just applied for history but anyway is there any chance with that?

Screw it, I'm just gonna win the lottery or something.
Absolutely over the moon, got AAA in biology, chemistry, physics and am now off to study veterinary medicine at the Royal Veterinary College!! :biggrin:
Original post by Flowerii
:cry2:
Damn it.
That's a year of retakes, thrown away because of illness through the exam period. For the third year running.
I think I must have been a hornet in a past life, or someone really horrible, because I'm making up for it now!
Don't know what to do. I guess I'll just retake.
Again. I'm getting to be an old hat at this.
:hugs: Congratulations to everyone who got what they wanted.

:frown: have you been able to get an answer from your uni yet?

If not is there anything in clearing that takes your fancy? What are your subjects/grades and what sort of thing are you after?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Actually, A and A* awards are down 0.3% from last year! 26.6% to 26.3%!

Afraid you wouldn't be eligible for Adjustment anyway. You have to meet and exceed your offer, so the C misses that. :frown:

I have a burning question to ask.
I just received an email from my insurance choice university informing me that they have received my official A-level results and that I have not met the conditions of the course I had originally applied for. However, they say they are ready to offer me a changed course offer. The problem is my Track says I have been firmly accept by my firm choice university. I have not yet collected my results but do I have anything to worry about?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Can somebody answer my question about ums marks?

I got 100 ums on one side of my exam, and on the other I got 77, which amounts to 177 ums, which is an A.

But I've been wondering whether the raw marks on that 100 ums make a difference. For example, 80% marks is 100 ums, 100% marks is 100 ums. Do those extra marks go to waste? Or might they amount to something in a2?

Latest