The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1201
I honestly must be the dumbest person on tsr.
It's like everybody gets a*'s lol
Original post by sneha.vag
I have a burning question to ask.
I just received an email from my insurance choice university informing me that they have received my official A-level results and that I have not met the conditions of the course I had originally applied for. However, they say they are ready to offer me a changed course offer. The problem is my Track says I have been firmly accept by my firm choice university. I have not yet collected my results but do I have anything to worry about?
Thanks in advance :smile:

If track is saying you've been firmly accepted to your firm choice then you're in at your firm choice and you have nothing to worry about :smile:
Original post by Vicodin
i'm in limbo. missed my firm and now insurance by a grade and they haven't decided. rang them and they say they dont know when they will decide...

Well that's pretty rude.

I'd ring them back - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to and ask them again when you can expect a decision by.

Is there anywhere in clearing that takes your fancy? If so mention that to them and see if it forces them into a decision.

There is NO HARM in forcing their hand - it's better to force them into rejecting you now than to let them hang on to you for days/weeks and then reject you anyway.

They've had the results for days - the only reason to hang on to you now is because they're hedging their bets over getting someone with better grades in clearing which is downright disgraceful behaviour from a university you've shown commitment to for months.

The know NOW whether they're likely to take you or not...they're only delaying because they're trying to play games.
Reply 1204
Original post by 3mmz

Don't compare yourself to TSR, be proud of what you got :smile:
Anyone else fed up with their parents posting hundreds of statuses on Facebook? -.-
Original post by Ecosse_14
If track is saying you've been firmly accepted to your firm choice then you're in at your firm choice and you have nothing to worry about :smile:

Thank you very much! You have no idea how relieved I am :smile:
Dam can't get my results untill I handed in all my books. Need to find them
UCAS down for anyone else?
Original post by mhassan
Dam can't get my results untill I handed in all my books. Need to find them

Lmao, this is hilarious. And also bull**** :colonhash: GO GET THEM NOW!
I passed and I passed and there are tears of joy in my eyes right now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miracle Day
Anyone else fed up with their parents posting hundreds of statuses on Facebook? -.-

I didn't know teenagers add their parents on facebook!
Got into Edinburgh for History and Classics, needed AAA and I ended up with A*AAA. Absolutely delighted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3mmz

I got BCD at A level :ninjagirl:
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Got into Edinburgh for History and Classics, needed AAA and I ended up with A*AAA. Absolutely delighted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to the best university in the world! :biggrin:
someone answer my Q pls
Reply 1216
Original post by .snowflake.
Send maths off for a remark, I would.

I'm really tempted to do that. But my parents aren't too keen on the idea because of the fee and want me to move on. ):
is it even peak calling time already? I know most peeps haven't got their results yet

can't get through to most unis, ffs
Original post by ravishingrick69
Can somebody answer my question about ums marks?

I got 100 ums on one side of my exam, and on the other I got 77, which amounts to 177 ums, which is an A.

But I've been wondering whether the raw marks on that 100 ums make a difference. For example, 80% marks is 100 ums, 100% marks is 100 ums. Do those extra marks go to waste? Or might they amount to something in a2?

The raw marks don't make a difference as far as I know, all that matters is the UMS score (if you apply somewhere that looks at UMS score, that is!)
Raw marks won't make a difference to your A2 grades.
Original post by maryamzahid
I passed and I passed and there are tears of joy in my eyes right now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, congrats :smile:

Latest