The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE?!?!?!

I still have not heard from my insurance - my grade is one lower than expected. Should I be calling the clearing number or the general admissions :frown:

I am starting to panic now because if they do decline me I may have missed out on all the clearing spaces available in other unis..
Original post by Lysipud

I still have not heard from my insurance - my grade is one lower than expected. Should I be calling the clearing number or the general admissions :frown:

I am starting to panic now because if they do decline me I may have missed out on all the clearing spaces available in other unis..

what does it say on your ucas track?
Reply 1243
Original post by Stevo F
what does it say on your ucas track?

Conditional offer (firmly accepted)
Original post by Where'sPerry?
I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :console:

Cheers Perry, enjoy Southampton, I hope you have a great time :smile:
Reply 1245
Original post by frappe framboise
AQA French and Spanish Oral marks were MEAN! :angry:

Yes, very mean :frown: I didn't think I'd done that badly, but I got D in Spanish and C in German speaking *sigh*

But overall I got BBB. I was initially disappointed but at least I got into my firm choice :redface:
Reply 1246
History - A
English Language - B
English Literature - B

(A2)

Pretty happy atm
Reply 1247
Hey guys - I would love some advice.

My grades are AAAB, and my offers from Imperial and UCL are A*AAA and A*AA respectively. Should I call them up and ask them to reconsider?
Reply 1248
Original post by PQ
Well that's pretty rude.

I'd ring them back - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to and ask them again when you can expect a decision by.

Is there anywhere in clearing that takes your fancy? If so mention that to them and see if it forces them into a decision.

There is NO HARM in forcing their hand - it's better to force them into rejecting you now than to let them hang on to you for days/weeks and then reject you anyway.

They've had the results for days - the only reason to hang on to you now is because they're hedging their bets over getting someone with better grades in clearing which is downright disgraceful behaviour from a university you've shown commitment to for months.

The know NOW whether they're likely to take you or not...they're only delaying because they're trying to play games.

I just rang them again and it was the same person. She asked whether i'd rang and i said yeah and explained that i dont know where i stand and she basically said the same thing. She said 'I have no more information and can't specify a timeline'.
I got ACc, so I'm resitting those C's because I need AAB to get into Uni next year! Not as good as I'd hoped but not a complete fail either. :smile:
Original post by Lysipud
Conditional offer (firmly accepted)

and it says you've been rejected from your first choice? if so give the uni a ring :smile:
My edexcel results plus direct thing still wont show my c1 results
Reply 1252
Got ABB! 86% in Business, 79.25% in Economics (Should i get remarked?), and 75% in ICT!
Reply 1253
AAA Very happy. Was expecting a B in chem. :smile: Not sure good enough for medicine though. We'll see.

Good luck everyone!
Original post by Lysipud

Yeah, they should really get a move on.

Have you started looking at courses in clearing and making a few phone calls?

Good luck
Original post by Miracle Day
Anyone else fed up with their parents posting hundreds of statuses on Facebook? -.-

Yes :colonhash:
Original post by Lysipud

Sorry. Well, you should call them up if you have your results. And there is still a possibility that they will accept you despite your results falling short of your offer. Also, if you have only missed your grade by a few UMS do tell them as some unis only received your overall grade and module grades rather than the UMS.

Best of luck :smile:
I got A*AA!
I feel like I'm in a dream!
Original post by explicit4u
Just the 3 A*'s then? :wink:

Congratulations! Out of interest what subjects did you do, I'm guessing you're off to study Physics?

Off to study Physics at Imperial, A* Maths, A* Physics, A* Further Maths, A Chemistry,
Original post by Ben_K
Got ABB! 86% in Business, 79.25% in Economics (Should i get remarked?), and 75% in ICT!

Yes - even if it goes down you still have a B

:smile:

Latest