The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey 2013 Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mattwilkins
Sweet! What are you going to be studying?

MSc European Politics and Policy. What about yourself?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Fward
Sorry forgot to reply on the other thread.
I'm in Block E Alexander Fleming 44-51

Cool sounds good =D am so excited to get there =D
Reply 82
I still havent had an email from Surrey informing me of my accomodation. Am I the only one? Should I contact the University?
Reply 83
Original post by kyleg22
I still havent had an email from Surrey informing me of my accomodation. Am I the only one? Should I contact the University?

Im the same as you man havent recived anything from as of yet, getting quite worried
Original post by Tidius
Im the same as you man havent recived anything from as of yet, getting quite worried

I spoke to accommodation and they are not going to start to send out the e-mail after Lunch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Belizabeth
I spoke to accommodation and they are not going to start to send out the e-mail after Lunch

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you very much, I imagine they've been working very hard il let them have some lunch aha
Reply 86
I've been offered band D on manor park but I would prefer to be on Stag Hill, is there anything I can do about it?
Reply 87
Same I've also been offered band D on manor park and I also wanted to be on campus
Reply 88
Original post by SamJ35
I've been offered band D on manor park but I would prefer to be on Stag Hill, is there anything I can do about it?

Original post by a13579
Same I've also been offered band D on manor park and I also wanted to be on campus

Unfortunately at this stage there isn't. Far more people apply for on campus accommodation than there are rooms on campus, some some people are always going to be unlucky and get given off campus accommodation.

In November (or around then, I'm not sure of the exact date) you can ask to be put on a waiting list to move room. However by then you'll probably be happy where you are :smile:
Reply 89
Has it only opened now
Surrey was my insurance an this is where im going now so i should apply now right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Smartass
Has it only opened now
Surrey was my insurance an this is where im going now so i should apply now right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applicants have been open for students who firmed surreys since they firmed their application.

However you're guaranteed accommodation still as long as you apply before September (not sure of the exact date, check their website) :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by Dan1909
Unfortunately at this stage there isn't. Far more people apply for on campus accommodation than there are rooms on campus, some some people are always going to be unlucky and get given off campus accommodation.

In November (or around then, I'm not sure of the exact date) you can ask to be put on a waiting list to move room. However by then you'll probably be happy where you are :smile:

Hi Dan i was wondering if you would happen to know anything about the surrey bursary, because from what I have read I am eligible for the £3000 accommodation discount. But when I got my accommodation offer today it says I need to pay £4000~, soo I was wondering will they send me an email at a later date about how to receive this??
Reply 92
Original post by a13579
Hi Dan i was wondering if you would happen to know anything about the surrey bursary, because from what I have read I am eligible for the £3000 accommodation discount. But when I got my accommodation offer today it says I need to pay £4000~, soo I was wondering will they send me an email at a later date about how to receive this??

I've absolutely no idea about this sorry. I wasn't eligible for any bursaries, so have never had to look into them.

All I can recommend is to check the university's website, and see what details are on there. If not you can always phone and ask.
Reply 93
I just got an email saying I've got band D at Manor Park, I also would've preferred to have been on campus but I guess we have to accept anyway. I just hope I get some nice flat mates so it's not too quiet :smile:
Band C - Cathedral Court Building 2B. Happy with that seeing as Band C was my first choice.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 95
Band B - Hazel Farm... I really wanted to be on Campus :frown:
Reply 96
Band D- Bellerby court :smile: anyone else?? :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by a13579

Original post by pandahugs
I just got an email saying I've got band D at Manor Park, I also would've preferred to have been on campus but I guess we have to accept anyway. I just hope I get some nice flat mates so it's not too quiet :smile:

What blocks are you both in?
Reply 98
Original post by a13579

I'm in the same boat as you so don't worry, I should be eligible for the £3000 discount since I am entitled to the full amount of Grants and Loans from Student Finance. Basically if you are entitled to the full amount on there then you will be entitled to the bursaries.

I will be phoning them in a minute to ask about this anyway so I'll let you know what they say. (If i manage to get through that is, busy day for everyone)

Edit: Just got off the phone with them, they said that you have to first accept your accommodation and go through registry and on your first invoice the discount will be present, so we basically have to just wait until we move.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by SamJ35
What blocks are you both in?

I'm Alexander Fleming 18-20, Block C, what about you?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending