The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsnut
Off to study Physics at Imperial, A* Maths, A* Physics, A* Further Maths, A Chemistry,

Congratulations :biggrin:

Original post by kate113855
I got A*AA!
I feel like I'm in a dream!

We'll done :smile: what were they in?
Reply 1261
Got into my uni & got the accommodation I want!! Ahh best day ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1262
At the start of the year i was predicted all C's.
After a few days, i dropped computer science which gave a frictional relationship between my tutor and I. I took history instead, which i also dropped as i did not like the topics covered, which gave me even less confidence. Basically my form gave me little confidence as a result of my underestimate and support of going through the transition stage.

Nearly 10 months later, i got in AS level: AABC, with the C in a non-accepted subject (I think you know what it is xD)

I'm on my way to study my desired course after a very shakey start to the year!
I retook two maths modules... I ended up with lower grades in them than AS year... wtf?

I thought they always took the higher grade for retakes..?
Well after being terrified and managing to convince myself that I'd end up in clearing yesterday, I ended up with A*A*B and I've got into my firm!!! Literally so so pleased, I worked so hard and it's all paid off! :smile::smile:
got into my firm! woo!

Congratulations all. :smile:
Have a lovely day...
Original post by Dpdr
Do I retain my accommodation offer at my UC despite being in adjustment?

Yep, they'll be keeping your offer for you. Adjustment doesn't affect any of that. :smile:
Got into my firm choice! AAB which is what I needed! Off to Exeter to do French and German!
Reply 1268
I'm off to Keele to study Geology! So so happy!

I've got:
Biology - A (It's a good A!)
Chemistry - B (14 marks off an A!)
Physics - C (Slap-bang in the middle of the grade boundaries.)

I retook some AS exams - I now have an A in both AS Biology and Chemistry.

I somehow got full UMS on the Biology unit 5 exam - how?! I've never got full marks in an exam before! I also got an A in my Biology A2 coursework - I thought I had a B!

I somehow managed a B on the Physics Unit 1 paper - 4 UMS marks off an A! How did I get a B?!

I got a B on that evil Chemistry Unit 5 paper.

I got a D on a Physics paper, I think if I'd revised magnets better I'd have got a C on that paper.

I am so happy and surprised by some of my results. Finally off to uni - thought I'd never get there!

For all those who didn't meet the grades - don't worry. I've retaken Year 13 - look what happened! I had CCE last year.
Original post by Dpdr
Do I retain my accommodation offer at my UC despite being in adjustment?

Yep, everything will stay the same :smile:
ABC :frown:

But still got accepted at Sheffield :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamboogy
I retook two maths modules... I ended up with lower grades in them than AS year... wtf?

I thought they always took the higher grade for retakes..?

They do.
Original post by Jkizer
At the start of the year i was predicted all C's.
After a few days, i dropped computer science which gave a frictional relationship between my tutor and I. I took history instead, which i also dropped as i did not like the topics covered, which gave me even less confidence. Basically my form gave me little confidence as a result of my underestimate and support of going through the transition stage.

Nearly 10 months later, i got in AS level: AABC, with the C in a non-accepted subject (I think you know what it is xD)

I'm on my way to study my desired course after a very shakey start to the year!

Very good! I had a similar disheartening start to my AS levels, just goes to show you can achieve with hard work and determination :biggrin:
Reply 1273
A* b b, going to sussex aaaaaaaaaaah yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Original post by laurenstacey
Well after being terrified and managing to convince myself that I'd end up in clearing yesterday, I ended up with A*A*B and I've got into my firm!!! Literally so so pleased, I worked so hard and it's all paid off! :smile::smile:

Well done :smile: what subjects, course and uni? :smile:
Got into Westminster for History as my insurance :biggrin:

Queen Mary UoL are still making their decision :cool:

Good luck everyone!
Original post by Jullith
I'm really tempted to do that. But my parents aren't too keen on the idea because of the fee and want me to move on. ):

but its so clooooose. You don't necessarily even have to go for a priority remark. Basically, do you have the pennies for it, or would you rather put that £30 towards freshers?
Reply 1277
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yep, they'll be keeping your offer for you. Adjustment doesn't affect any of that. :smile:

Original post by Ecosse_14
Yep, everything will stay the same :smile:

Thank you very much guys, peace of mind now ^_^
Reply 1278
My uni welcome pack just arrived. That was fast. xD
BBC :/

but got into uni..wahay i guess.

Now my cousins (who are doctors) will ring and be like 'what did you get?'
:ninja:

Latest