The Student Room Group

Anyone get into Medicine recently with AAB if they've narrowly missed the grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by BooAlphie
I got an A in that paper :O

I don't know what I got in maths, but I got into Med :O I'm not believing it until I see my results!!
Reply 41
Well done btw! That was an insane paper!!
Original post by BethaneyJ
If the offer was A*AB then of course. But usually med is so over subscribed that if you don't meet the offer you won't get in. Resits or not. There will be exceptions though.

This would be down to the uni and to each case. It won't have a hard and fast rule I am afraid.

Thank you! Thankfully I don't have to worry about getting A*AB or resits because I got A*AAB :eek:
Original post by housre
If you get A*AB as long as the A is in Chemistry they'll probably accept you

Thank you. :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by housre
I don't know what I got in maths, but I got into Med :O I'm not believing it until I see my results!!

So did I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am
SO
happy

Congrats!
Well done.
Has anyone ever APPLIED with an AAB and got in?
Original post by stealth_writer
Has anyone ever APPLIED with an AAB and got in?

This is a bit of a misleading question.

You have to remember that 3 or 4 years ago, the standard offer was an AAB for most universities and so many people applied and got accepted with those grades.

Within the last 3 years, I have only heard of people applying with AAB to those universities that still accepted it.
Reply 48
So did I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am
SO
happy

Congrats!

Well done!!! What did you get?! I got into Bristol for Med with AAB :O IT IS POSSIBLE XD
Original post by housre
Well done!!! What did you get?! I got into Bristol for Med with AAB :O IT IS POSSIBLE XD

Looks like you won the lottery :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by Kyalimers
Well done.

Thank you ! :smile:
Reply 51
Hahaa I did! It still hasn't sunk in! :biggrin:
Original post by housre
Hahaa I did! It still hasn't sunk in! :biggrin:

What did you get AAB in? meaning what subject did you get the B in?
Reply 53
Original post by stealth_writer
What did you get AAB in? meaning what subject did you get the B in?

I got A in Chem and Bio, then B in Maths if it wasn't for C3 I would have got an A it was a very high B
Reply 54
Original post by housre

I got AAAA (one of the A's is in an EPQ.. so like half an A).

I saw the results on the school portal at like 6:00 this morning and practically burst into tears, i was like OMG IM GOING TO UNI!!!!!!!!! And then I woke up my entire family by screaming at them down the stairs and texting them all.

Ah! You did it! It is possible!!!!!!!!!! Was the B in maths?
Reply 55
I got AAAA (one of the A's is in an EPQ.. so like half an A).

I saw the results on the school portal at like 6:00 this morning and practically burst into tears, i was like OMG IM GOING TO UNI!!!!!!!!! And then I woke up my entire family by screaming at them down the stairs and texting them all.

Ah! You did it! It is possible!!!!!!!!!! Was the B in maths?

Ahh that's awesome! I have an A in EPQ too XD When I saw Track I sat there for half an hour in shock before finding my mum hahaa. I got the B in maths but I was only 5 UMS off an A -.- It really was C3 that pulled my grade down hahaa, but I'm gonna be a med student so who caaaares?! XD
Reply 56
Original post by housre
Ahh that's awesome! I have an A in EPQ too XD When I saw Track I sat there for half an hour in shock before finding my mum hahaa. I got the B in maths but I was only 5 UMS off an A -.- It really was C3 that pulled my grade down hahaa, but I'm gonna be a med student so who caaaares?! XD

Exactly. Who cares?! :biggrin:

Congrats again :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 57
Exactly. Who cares?! :biggrin:

Congrats again :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you, which uni are you going to?
Reply 58
Original post by housre
Thank you, which uni are you going to?

UEA
Reply 59
Another one of those AAB medics! Had a two grade offer from Newcastle at AA for my insurance, but apparently Manchester were feeling kind! Still really shocked that they let me in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending