The Student Room Group

Do you lose your accommodation offer if you enter adjustment?

They say on UCAS you keep your unconditional firm, but nothing about accommodation! Do you lose the accommodation offer if you register for adjustment?!
Reply 1
Hi Oliver,

When you say adjustment I assume that you mean you are choosing an alternative course within the same university you applied for and held your unconditional firm offer in? If this is the case, as a member of university staff myself, I'd be very surprised if you lost your accommodation place.

If you are changing course to a place at a different university, you will lose your place.

Apologies if my second point was a bit pointless, I wasn't quite clear on what you were asking in your post.

Best of luck though!
Reply 2
Original post by scanker
Hi Oliver,

When you say adjustment I assume that you mean you are choosing an alternative course within the same university you applied for and held your unconditional firm offer in? If this is the case, as a member of university staff myself, I'd be very surprised if you lost your accommodation place.

If you are changing course to a place at a different university, you will lose your place.

Apologies if my second point was a bit pointless, I wasn't quite clear on what you were asking in your post.

Best of luck though!

I exceeded my grades and registered accidentally for adjustment this morning. I'm not going to any other uni, I still want to go to my UC firm. But now i'm in adjustment I was wondering if they hold my accommodation offer? Not planning to confirm anywhere else, don't even want to be in adjustment :frown:
Original post by oliversykes
They say on UCAS you keep your unconditional firm, but nothing about accommodation! Do you lose the accommodation offer if you register for adjustment?!

You are obviously worried that you might lose your accommodation place if you simply register for adjustment. You won't.

Obviously, if you go elsewhere you will be at the back of the accommodation queue, but you knew that anyway, and it merely forms part of any decision to take any alternative course offered elsewhere
Reply 4
Original post by oliversykes
I exceeded my grades and registered accidentally for adjustment this morning. I'm not going to any other uni, I still want to go to my UC firm. But now i'm in adjustment I was wondering if they hold my accommodation offer? Not planning to confirm anywhere else, don't even want to be in adjustment :frown:

You'll be okay in this case. Well done :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by scanker
Hi Oliver,

Best of luck though!

adjustment is when you trade up because you exceeded the grades you needed for your firm and get into a better university
Reply 6
Original post by jelly1000
adjustment is when you trade up because you exceeded the grades you needed for your firm and get into a better university

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending