The Student Room Group

Delighted but also concerned...remarking?

Hi, my son has received his results this morning and has an unconditional offer at UWE (his first choice) to do Aerospace Engineering.
He achieved A C C C. Whilst we are both pleased, I have to admit to being relieved. His grandfather passed away very suddenly during the exam period on June 14th. It was a tremendous shock for the whole family as you can imagine. I neglected to inform his 6th Form College about the bereavement (in hindsight, I should have done). So my question is: should I ask for some of his results to be remarked in light of the stress and emotional upset he was under? He believes he could have done better. I would be grateful for any advice.
And well done to all students for today's results.
To be honest, what is the point of having re-marks? Ok, he will have to live with having C's at A-level ... but once he's got his degree, it becomes a bit irrelevant, and he doesn't need them to get in to university.

You can do it, but it'll cause more hassle and bear in mind they can do down as well.
Original post by askill
Hi, my son has received his results this morning and has an unconditional offer at UWE (his first choice) to do Aerospace Engineering.
He achieved A C C C. Whilst we are both pleased, I have to admit to being relieved. His grandfather passed away very suddenly during the exam period on June 14th. It was a tremendous shock for the whole family as you can imagine. I neglected to inform his 6th Form College about the bereavement (in hindsight, I should have done). So my question is: should I ask for some of his results to be remarked in light of the stress and emotional upset he was under? He believes he could have done better. I would be grateful for any advice.
And well done to all students for today's results.

You can ask for a remark, but you can't apply for special consideration retrospectively, I'm afraid. I'd be inclined to leave it. He's got what he needs and grades do go down as well as up in remarks. (I'm a teacher btw.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending