The Student Room Group

Feeling sick, what can I do with these grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ciaranoreilly
There are people on here with genuine concerns who might miss a place at uni and you're soaking up the attention with a set of grades anyone less stuck up would be ecstatic about.

Indeed...

Do you seriously believe you cannot get into a "top 10" university with these grades?
Original post by Ciaranoreilly
There are people on here with genuine concerns who might miss a place at uni and you're soaking up the attention with a set of grades anyone less stuck up would be ecstatic about.

Awful reply. Everyone has their own concerns.
(edited 10 years ago)
OP gets the offer his chosen uni asks for...feels physically sick at how 'bad' their results are...
I don't think a reality check is completely out of line. I understand your disappointment - you obviously didn't get what you were hoping for and that must be frustrating.

BUT

You have met the academic requirements for the course you want to do and exceeding them would not have meant you could submit a less impressive PS or done less well at interview. Those other elements are more important than the grades. The grades and PS will get you to an interview but you still have to kick butt at that!

I think this could make for an interesting paragraph in your personal statement if you know where you went wrong. Knowing where you can improve is a big plus point and won't go un-noticed!

Good luck with you application OP! Definitely apply to Imperial.
Reply 24
Original post by SpringNicht
OP gets the offer his chosen uni asks for...feels physically sick at how 'bad' their results are...

That's not a good sign - it means you are seriously under achieving, something that could haunt you for the next 20 years or so.
Reply 25
Goodness. In a situation, meeting grade requirements, which thousands of students would kill for right now, and complaining? :gah:

Only on TSR.

Go to Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Jesus, if i had those grades i wouldn't worry at all, you think a unis going to turn you away?
Reply 27
Original post by thekingsmen
I have great interest in Birmingham as well but I doubt I can even get it there let alone Imperial.

I think you're crazy!! You've done brilliantly! Birmingham would have you. You just need to call up and ask if you want to apply through clearing but you seriously don't have anything to worry about.
Minerva
QFA

He deserved it.

Original post by 1992lottie
I think you're crazy!! You've done brilliantly! Birmingham would have you. You just need to call up and ask if you want to apply through clearing but you seriously don't have anything to worry about.

He's on a gap year atm so is applying for entry next year.
Reply 29
Yeah, but I wanted to go to a top ten uni, but that doesn't seem likely now.

There are people out there who discovered that they got E's and U's on RESITS today, their hopes and dreams are out of the question, and you're complaining about not getting into the top ten universities with nothing but A*'s and A's in your back pocket?
Reply 30
A lot of jokers on this thread
Reply 31
Original post by L_Vieru
There are people out there who discovered that they got E's and U's on RESITS today, their hopes and dreams are out of the question, and you're complaining about not getting into the top ten universities with nothing but A*'s and A's in your back pocket?

So what id he is ?

It's a legit question, why are you so worked up ?

you are not jealous are you ?
Reply 32
Original post by Zenomorph
So what id he is ?

It's a legit question, why are you so worked up ?

you are not jealous are you ?

Hahah it always has to be hating or jealousy doesn't it?
Sorry sir, I'm far from worked up
Reply 33

This doesn't sound worked up ?

I leave it to the readers to decide.

Evens they will say it is WU. Want to bet ?
Um your grades are great I reckon even Oxbridge would accept you with grades like that serously you can go anywhere you like with those grades stop worrying and apply wherever you want to go you will get in
Reply 35
a levels (a2): A*aaa (maths, fm, chem and phys respectively)
gcse: A*a*a*a*aabbbb
i wanted to do chemical engineering at imperial but that seems out of the question now, where can i apply and have a chance at getting in?

Thanks

bristol ~~~~~
Reply 36
Thanks for the advice everyone... I think I've regained objectivity, maybe I was being slightly 'stuck up'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending