The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x0x
I hope you get what you want!
I know ... unit one is a pain in the throat ...

Yeah hated unit 1. All the best and good luck to you and everyone :smile:
^Good luck to you & everyone
I received the email!!!!!
Reply 1083
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
I received the email!!!!!

If you can access your account now have your physics units been cashed in yet?
Mine haven't been cashed in yet, only chemistry and math :tongue:
You should find it at the bottom of the page when you go to "My results" if yours haven't been cashed in
Original post by x0x
If you can access your account now have your physics units been cashed in yet?
Mine haven't been cashed in yet, only chemistry and math :tongue:
You should find it at the bottom of the page when you go to "My results" if yours haven't been cashed in

Duh!! I know!!
All the units I took are there ...results yet to be updated...
Got a hell of a shock when I first clicked it but later saw it was IGCSE results ...
:tongue:
48 is an A. IMO, I thought it was a hard paper...
Reply 1086
Oh my god i got 120 UMS :redface: I am so happy :smile:
Good luck everyone :biggrin:
I got 298/300

Yes yes yes
I got 298/300

Yes yes yes

Congrats to you

It says 288/300 UMS , an A, for me for physics, but I can't see results for individual units: (

I'm not fully going to believe this result until I see the same paper result, might be a glitch. I dunno how u got an A as I struggled SO MUCH in the exam to unit 1. I'm guessing 1 mark is very valuable in UMS terms for unit 1 exam due to its difficulty. I was hoping I even get a B somehow, it an A pooped up:eek:
Original post by krisshP
Congrats to you

It says 288/300 UMS , an A, for me for physics, but I can't see results for individual units: (

I'm not fully going to believe this result until I see the same paper result, might be a glitch. I dunno how u got an A as I struggled SO MUCH in the exam to unit 1. I'm guessing 1 mark is very valuable in UMS terms for unit 1 exam due to its difficulty. I was hoping I even get a B somehow, it an A pooped up:eek:

You really don't believe it?
C'mon! Shall I upload a pic?
You mean yours or mine?
You really don't believe it?
C'mon! Shall I upload a pic?
You mean yours or mine?

I don't believe my online result until I see the paper copy. I was crying after the unit 1 paper that's how ridiculously hard:frown: I found it as I worked my butt off doing SO MANY questions and it backfired and the exam went so awful. So my result is a big shock for me and my paper results is coming after a few hours.

Congrats for you! Doing the unit 1 paper deserves a reward in itself, it's such a scary paper full of pain! :frown:
Original post by krisshP
I don't believe my online result until I see the paper copy. I was crying after the unit 1 paper that's how ridiculously hard:frown: I found it as I worked my butt off doing SO MANY questions and it backfired and the exam went so awful. So my result is a big shock for me and my paper results is coming after a few hours.

Congrats for you! Doing the unit 1 paper deserves a reward in itself, it's such a scary paper full of pain! :frown:

Haha.
OK.anyway congrats to you too !
Haha.
OK.anyway congrats to you too !

No more unit 2 DC Electricity to study, yesssssss:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

How do we see in Edexcel resultsplus our individual units result ? Or do we wait for tommorows?
Original post by krisshP

Oh man, don't worry about that, it's happened to me through out AS and A2 physics, my unit 1 physics exam I came out thinking it was verrrrrrrrrrryyyy bad but still got an A and for the unit 2 that we did in june 2013 ( was a resit for me as im in A2 ), I thought that went bad too but got 110/120 UMS. xD Anyways, be happy with ur result. Word of warning, unit 4 physics is very hard, prepare now. Anyways, enjoy your result.

And @ everyone else, got 110/120, Thanks for the discussions guys! Will miss it.
Original post by LegendX
Oh man, don't worry about that, it's happened to me through out AS and A2 physics, my unit 1 physics exam I came out thinking it was verrrrrrrrrrryyyy bad but still got an A and for the unit 2 that we did in june 2013 ( was a resit for me as im in A2 ), I thought that went bad too but got 110/120 UMS. xD Anyways, be happy with ur result. Word of warning, unit 4 physics is very hard, prepare now. Anyways, enjoy your result.

And @ everyone else, got 110/120, Thanks for the discussions guys! Will miss it.

Wow you done A2 Physics, any tips? How much is the step from AS to A2?

Thanks
Reply 1095
118 ums, this is the best moment of my life because i didn't fail physics!
Original post by krisshP
Wow you done A2 Physics, any tips? How much is the step from AS to A2?

Thanks

The step from AS-A2 is quite large, the coursework is much harder ( more annoying in fact) nevertheless you still get the mark scheme in front of you so its not too hard to get a good grade in it.
Unit 5 is easy, in fact I found it to be the easiest unit through out AS and A2, the concepts are not difficult to get your head around, as well as that, some of the stars stuff is interesting. Unit 4 on the other hand, is really quite boring and difficult. If you found unit 2 hard, unit 4 is very similar to it, all the capacitors etc come into this unit. Lemme just say, as soon as they combine particle physics with other parts of the syllabus, it can get quite complicated. My advice is, look at the past papers, get a feel of the types of questions. At the end of the day, the style of the questions will remain the same as the past papers. So yeah, summed up, don't take physics unit 4 lightly, focus from the start on it. The basic concepts like momentum and circular motion are easy but there is some pretty hard stuff in there. Anyways GL. Glad I don't have to touch an A-Level paper again unless im tutoring :O
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LegendX
The step from AS-A2 is quite large, the coursework is much harder ( more annoying in fact) nevertheless you still get the mark scheme in front of you so its not too hard to get a good grade in it.
Unit 5 is easy, in fact I found it to be the easiest unit through out AS and A2, the concepts are not difficult to get your head around, as well as that, some of the stars stuff is interesting. Unit 4 on the other hand, is really quite boring and difficult. If you found unit 2 hard, unit 4 is very similar to it, all the capacitors etc come into this unit. Lemme just say, as soon as they combine particle physics with other parts of the syllabus, it can get quite complicated. My advice is, look at the past papers, get a feel of the types of questions. At the end of the day, the style of the questions will remain the same as the past papers. So yeah, summed up, don't take physics unit 4 lightly, focus from the start on it. The basic concepts like momentum and circular motion are easy but there is some pretty hard stuff in there. Anyways GL. Glad I don't have to touch an A-Level paper again unless im tutoring :O

I question this. Look at the unit 1 paper for this summer now, here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2412461

How much electricity is in A2? I hate it :frown:

Thank you for the advice.
Original post by krisshP
I question this. Look at the unit 1 paper for this summer now, here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2412461

How much electricity is in A2? I hate it :frown:

Thank you for the advice.

There's quite a big chunk only in unit 4 about capacitors, charge etc
Ok and in response to your comment, yes what you are saying is true, sometimes the questions can be completely random. Sometimes the questions have nothing to do with physics at all or seem like they are way of the spec but just remember one thing, if you are in an exam and this happens, don't give up. Just carry on writing as most likely the exam will have low grade boundaries and an important hint in physics is you get some marks for writing down the formula, plugging numbers into it. So if you don't know the answer to part A, make ANY random numbers up and use em, you'll still get all the marks except the last mark for getting the right answer. My best advice is, aslong as you revise hard enough, regardless of the paper that comes up, you'll know more physics than other candidates and if you can write down that physics in a question you can recognise, you'll get a good grade. Just remember one thing, the exam papers are not there to trick you or fool you, they're just testing your ability.
98 UMS. Just scraped an A at 245/300, hahahaha

Latest

Trending

Trending