The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AS results

Maths - C
Economics and Business - C
Applied ICT - C
Physics - D

Really wanted to get a B in Economics, because I'm hoping to get BBC by then end of year 13. Do my chances look realistic ( I am looking to do an accounting course).
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Remark History, and Resit C3 it seems... :redface:

Well you still have another two years so you have plenty of time to bring the grades up :smile:
Original post by DJMayes
Just got back from getting my A Level results. Today is the best day ever.

Spoiler

Here, take my like
Original post by gardan
Can anyone give me there opinion or thoughts on AS results that are not good and going back to do AS year again to start again almost to get better results , I also want to do maths at As & A level (cocked up not doing it this year) But how would the Universities look at this going back a year, when I apply next year ....would it look really bad ?

Good AS results are really subjective, it depends on your ability and aspirations. I think it depends on you as a person, but you may not need to resit the year if you can do resits in January and June because ASs are much easier when you resit them as the content you learn in A2 will reinforce itself and you've learned new skills to tackle the AS exams. If you've completely failed then resitting the year and doing new subjects could benefit you too.

And no, universities don't tend to care about resits (unless you're applying to top universities where it's more competitive) as long as you get a better grade and put the resit to good use.
Original post by PickwickianGeek
BBCDD (AS)

B-General Studies
B-Mathematics
C-Biology
D-Physics
D-Chemistry.

Anyone think I could get ABB at the end of next year? Also looking to do Biomedical science, possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you take further maths, maths with statistics or maths with mechanics? and yes of course.Aim yourself for an A* in either general studies or mathematics and an A in biology. :-)
Original post by DJMayes

Spoiler

Wow absolute genius.
Original post by halidon
Feeling a little confused and would appreciate some advice...I got a B in English AS (predicted an A) because I got an A in the coursework and a D in the exam, is it worth getting the exam re-marked?

B in AS English is great, you'll easily make up the difference next year at A2 so don't worry. I got a C in English at AS and ended up with an A at A-Level... This was before you could get A*'s too. Don't worry at all. :smile:

Forgot to say, you can also resit!
Original post by MathsNerd1
Well you still have another two years so you have plenty of time to bring the grades up :smile:

I'm just so upset... Didn't get any of the grades I wanted. Irony is C3 was my lowest and was the one I was expecting 95+ UMS :mmm:
Original post by RSmith1007
AS results

Maths - C
Economics and Business - C
Applied ICT - C
Physics - D

Really wanted to get a B in Economics, because I'm hoping to get BBC by then end of year 13. Do my chances look realistic ( I am looking to do an accounting course).

Yes, if you put your mind to it you can exceed your AS results by a grade or a couple of grades by A2, with resits and working hard during year 13.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
x

Thanks. :smile: I'm expecting my GCSE History result next week. I want to get an A* but teachers marked my controlled assessment at an A and their reasons didn't make sense so I'm a bit disappointed. But it was rushed in like 2 weeks just before the deadline because I was doing it as a 1-1 tuition/self-study thing in a year so... But the exams should bring it up if the boundaries are low (I found it a bit too easy making me think I didn't develop my arguments enough etc) because my school does really well at History and loads of the A* predicted people were not happy with one or both of the papers or got things 'wrong' in the sources paper :smile: I wanted to do History AS in Year 11 as I won't be doing it at college but despite having 2.5 free periods a week I was told I didn't have enough time because I have to get my DT coursework done that I refuse to do- we are forced to do DT at my school! :'( So don't worry a B is still good anyway- at least you got the chance to take it. And an A in ALevel Maths in Year 11 is fantastic. Cheer up! :biggrin:
Original post by EllyR
OHH DEAR D: Sorry for such a late reply!! I've been using my phone so I didn't notice your quote... :frown:

But yeah... :P I did go on the open day and I remember someone saying something like that as well! Yay! :biggrin: I applied to Trevelyan! (the best one :wink:)
Hope results have gone well! :smile:

Hiiii, don't worry! I take it you got in then? :biggrin: So did I!!! Looking forward to seeing you in October!!! :biggrin: Ohh yeah Trevelyan have that cool room don't they?? Like the hexagonal one? That looks awesome! :biggrin: Yeah I applied to Collingwood and can't wait to be there now! :smile:)
Original post by RoseBrilliante
What was your firm and insurance? And I take it you're going to do maths at uni?

Warwick was my firm and Nottingham my insurance both to do Maths :tongue:
Reply 1452
Original post by DJMayes

Spoiler

Incredible. :adore:
I got an A for History, 2 Cs for Psych and English and a D for Maths. **** maths tho, mechanics killed me. Would it still be possible for me to get into AAB unis though; my UMS was close to a B for English, so if by chance I was predicted an A for it by my teacher, does anyone think unis may accept me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1454
Original post by Dilzo999
Wow absolute genius.

I don't know if I'm more happy for him or his mum:smile:

I got CDE
ABC at A2
A - Media Studies
B - English Language and Literature (slightly annoyed with this one: was 5 ums off an A)
C - Business Studies (already had from last year)

Managed to get A's in every exam I took this June series and had my place at QMUL confirmed at 7.30 today!
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Yes, if you put your mind to it you can exceed your AS results by a grade or a couple of grades by A2, with resits and working hard during year 13.

I got CDDE at AS and ended up with ABBC at A-Level so don't worry about it!
Original post by PhysicsKid
Thanks. :smile: I'm expecting my GCSE History result next week. I want to get an A* but teachers marked my controlled assessment at an A and their reasons didn't make sense so I'm a bit disappointed. But it was rushed in like 2 weeks just before the deadline because I was doing it as a 1-1 tuition/self-study thing in a year so... But the exams should bring it up if the boundaries are low (I found it a bit too easy making me think I didn't develop my arguments enough etc) because my school does really well at History and loads of the A* predicted people were not happy with one or both of the papers or got things 'wrong' in the sources paper :smile: I wanted to do History AS in Year 11 as I won't be doing it at college but despite having 2.5 free periods a week I was told I didn't have enough time because I have to get my DT coursework done that I refuse to do- we are forced to do DT at my school! :'( So don't worry a B is still good anyway- at least you got the chance to take it. And an A in ALevel Maths in Year 11 is fantastic. Cheer up! :biggrin:

Ah, I did History in... Year 9, got the A*, it seems to be going down hill now...

We had no lessons for AS History, so 2.5 a week is loads!!!
When will the next round of updates be? Still haven't heard back from Liverpool. Lunch time?
Reply 1459
Got my results... So happy!! :biggrin:

Spoiler

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!! :biggrin:

Latest