The Student Room Group

2nd year at ESSEX or 1st year at LEICESTER?

Ive had a miserable year at Essex (it was my insurance whilst Leicester was my firm)
I just went onto to the Leicester clearing website now and I saw that they would allow the grades I got at a-levels last year so I'm now in a predicament on whether I should start all over again or just continue on Essex as its only 2 more years left. I just don't want my uni experience to be a bad memory.
Reply 1
Leicester is ace, go for it
Reply 2
Original post by Realityshines
Ive had a miserable year at Essex (it was my insurance whilst Leicester was my firm)
I just went onto to the Leicester clearing website now and I saw that they would allow the grades I got at a-levels last year so I'm now in a predicament on whether I should start all over again or just continue on Essex as its only 2 more years left. I just don't want my uni experience to be a bad memory.

Well you'd have to first actually drop out of Essex first. You can't just sort out new places in Clearing out of the blue :s-smilie:
Spur of the moment decisions on something this big are a really bad. Its not like a new University is going to be seeing you in the same light as other applicants with your A levels. They'll be aware that you've dropped out (you have to declare that) and this could raise questions about your commitment and suitability.
And if you didn't like Essex, why do you think you're going to like Leicester? Its far more important that you get to the root of your issues and seriously think about them, rather than trying to switch Uni. And I'd recommend speaking to Essex's student support on this ASAP.
Leave. Life is too short to make yourself unhappy.

Hi

You don't sound happy and that's not a good. I've had a couple of friends who moved Universities after the first year and went straight into the second year of the course they wanted to take at the new University. Perhaps you should ring up Leicester, explain your situation and see if it is possible to go into the second year. Is it the same course?

Good luck,

Rebecca
Reply 5
Original post by rdaleeverett
Hi

You don't sound happy and that's not a good. I've had a couple of friends who moved Universities after the first year and went straight into the second year of the course they wanted to take at the new University. Perhaps you should ring up Leicester, explain your situation and see if it is possible to go into the second year. Is it the same course?

Good luck,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Yes it is the same course (Law LLB). On their website it says they don't do secound year transfers, if I tell them of my circumstances do you think they will change their mind?
Hi Rebecca,

Yes it is the same course (Law LLB). On their website it says they don't do secound year transfers, if I tell them of my circumstances do you think they will change their mind?

Hi

It's worth a go. Better to ask than to stay at Essex and always wonder if you could have moved. Just make sure you know why you want to go to Leicester rather than Essex. What is it that makes this course/University better? Perhaps write a list so you can convey this and your enthusiasm for their university on the pone. Good luck!

Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest