The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
Warwick was my firm and Nottingham my insurance both to do Maths :tongue:

Oh wow, you're going to Nottingham? That's one of the universities I'm looking at (partly because their whole science department is on YouTube and I love their videos haha).
And maths? Whoah. Clever. I'm more inclined to take maths at A2 even though I got a C at AS - I'd be happy with a B at the end :P TELL ME YOUR SECRETS
Original post by EllyR
Got my results... So happy!! :biggrin:

Spoiler

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!! :biggrin:

Oh wowow, well done, those are absolutely stunning results! AS or A2?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm just so upset... Didn't get any of the grades I wanted. Irony is C3 was my lowest and was the one I was expecting 95+ UMS :mmm:

Just try a little harder next year? :tongue:
Reply 1463
Original post by ViolentMind
Me too, what course?

Chemical Eng.
Got a place in Middlesex uni :biggrin:. They said they'll send me an email to confirm, and it's been an hour and half... Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the email to confirm your place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1465
[QUOTE="Ripper-Roo;43974267"]What grades were you offered for your A-levels at Aston?

Good luck with the Maths GCSE next week![/QUOTE

Thanks

I was offered AAB in bio, chem, re respectively.

However people have been accepted with grades as low as BBB. So hopefully i get in.

Im really stressed out that i have to now wait another week to find out weather im going to go uni or not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just try a little harder next year? :tongue:

Seems I'll have to :unimpressed:
Three marks more in biology and one mark more in general studies and I'd have had 5A's :frown:
Everyone seems to be getting A* and A's, I can only dream of getting an A*
Original post by RSmith1007
AS results

Maths - C
Economics and Business - C
Applied ICT - C
Physics - D

Really wanted to get a B in Economics, because I'm hoping to get BBC by then end of year 13. Do my chances look realistic ( I am looking to do an accounting course).

Hey, sorry to hear this but you really CAN do it. As long as you put in a lot of effort and try and resit the RIGHT exams you will be able to get BBC at the end of A2 hopefully.

Keep your chin up and work your arse of this September.

Best if luck :smile:
Reply 1470
Got into Exeter with A*ABC

So annoyed with my B in Maths, thought I had done so much better its ridiculous!!!

Shame on you Edexcel, I honestly am wondering if they have my papers, it just doesn't seem right somehow, I swear I done better!
Reply 1471
Original post by Lifeisgood:)
Hiiii, don't worry! I take it you got in then? :biggrin: So did I!!! Looking forward to seeing you in October!!! :biggrin: Ohh yeah Trevelyan have that cool room don't they?? Like the hexagonal one? That looks awesome! :biggrin: Yeah I applied to Collingwood and can't wait to be there now! :smile:)

Yes I did! :biggrin: Well done, it's soo exciting!
Yep, the whole college is basically made of hexagons... :tongue: Ooh nice! That's a hill college too right? (There's so many I can't remember which is which lol) Neither can I!! See you there! :biggrin:
I still remember this time last year when I kept refreshing this page over and over again. There are some amazing results on here.

Well done guys! :smile:
Original post by puddinboy
Does clearing open at 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! You can call unis and receive "verbal offers" atm, but you can't add choices to Clearing until 5. :smile:
Reply 1474
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Oh wowow, well done, those are absolutely stunning results! AS or A2?

Thanks!! :biggrin: They're A2 :smile:
Reply 1475
Just picked up my result. Firm asked for AAB, got ABB and still got accepted :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1476
Warwick was my firm and Nottingham my insurance both to do Maths :tongue:

I just missed my offer at Warwick too, see you at nottingham :smile:
[QUOTE="FM1994;43975130"]
Original post by Ripper-Roo
What grades were you offered for your A-levels at Aston?

Good luck with the Maths GCSE next week![/QUOTE

Thanks

I was offered AAB in bio, chem, re respectively.

However people have been accepted with grades as low as BBB. So hopefully i get in.

Im really stressed out that i have to now wait another week to find out weather im going to go uni or not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course is this if you don't mind me asking?
I logged into track at about 7:45am and got an unconditional offer from the University of Sheffield for history!! :biggrin::nutcase: :woo:
My offer was for AAA - I got AAB, which I'm a bit disappointed with but Sheffield still accepted me. :biggrin:

Hope everyone else did well!
Original post by Superfrank
I got CDDE at AS and ended up with ABBC at A-Level so don't worry about it!

AS is kind of a practice ground and leaves lots of room for improvement in A2, it's a big jump from GCSE to A-level for some people. People I know made improvements from Es to As/Bs overall, so it can definitely be done.

Well done on your grades! :smile:

Latest