The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

AS results needed for application?

My daughter wants to apply to Bath for NatSci (bio) and just got her AS results

Bio - A
Chem - A
Maths - B (missed the A by one UMS point)
Music - B
Physics - only did two units so not cashed in and can't see results

Is AABB good enough to apply to Bath? Would it be clever to resit a maths module to get up to the A?

Thanks for your help
Original post by cora06140
My daughter wants to apply to Bath for NatSci (bio) and just got her AS results

Bio - A
Chem - A
Maths - B (missed the A by one UMS point)
Music - B
Physics - only did two units so not cashed in and can't see results

Is AABB good enough to apply to Bath? Would it be clever to resit a maths module to get up to the A?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

If you haven’t already seen them please visit our entry requirements webpage for Natural Sciences.

As you will see our standard offer is A*AA to include two of the following- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics.

It certainly looks as though your daughter could achieve this, and if she has only missed here Maths AS A grade by one mark then it may well be worth resitting. I would suggest she speaks to her Maths teacher and ask what they recommend.

I hope this helps!

Steve

P.s. our next Open Day is on the 14 September, so it is worth visiting if possible- please see our open day page for further details
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Hi Steve, thanks for taking the time to reply, and yes, she will be at the open day on September 14th.

We had seen the entry requirements of A*AA, but were more wanting to find out the chances of getting an offer based on those AS results.

Also had been told that it might be better to get a remark rather than do a resit for the maths, but still think a resit would be beneficial.

Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

Thanks for your question.

If you haven’t already seen them please visit our entry requirements webpage for Natural Sciences.

As you will see our standard offer is A*AA to include two of the following- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics.

It certainly looks as though your daughter could achieve this, and if she has only missed here Maths AS A grade by one mark then it may well be worth resitting. I would suggest she speaks to her Maths teacher and ask what they recommend.

I hope this helps!

Steve

P.s. our next Open Day is on the 14 September, so it is worth visiting if possible- please see our open day page for further details

Is Bath a competitive uni for chemical engineering?
Original post by Vorsah
Is Bath a competitive uni for chemical engineering?

Hi Viorsah,

Chemical Engineering is a popular course at Bath and we do receive a lot of interest for our Chemical Engineering programmes.

A typical offer would be AAA at A level (to include Maths and Chemistry), which should give some indication of how competitive entry to this course is.

You can find information on our Chemical Engineering programmes in our E-prospectus, and if interested you may wish to consider attending our next Open Day on the 14 September.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Steve
Reply 5
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi Viorsah,

Chemical Engineering is a popular course at Bath and we do receive a lot of interest for our Chemical Engineering programmes.

A typical offer would be AAA at A level (to include Maths and Chemistry), which should give some indication of how competitive entry to this course is.

You can find information on our Chemical Engineering programmes in our E-prospectus, and if interested you may wish to consider attending our next Open Day on the 14 September.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi thanks for the reply on my post, the reason I asked is because I'm really interested in doing chem eng at Bath, but I don't know if I should apply with the AS results i got
Reply 6
Hi

I want to apply to Bath for chemistry but I my AS levels were a bit lower than I was expecting.

Chemistry-B
Biology-B
Physics-C
Maths-D this was one mark of a C and I'm going to retake a module to try and boost it up.

Do you think Bath would consider me?

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest