The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Dilzo999
I'm pretty sure you can't get A* at AS do you mean 90%+?

Yup that’s what I meant :P
Reply 521
I'm pretty sure you can't get A* at AS do you mean 90%+? Also most universities prefer Further Maths so it'd be wise if you took that up in your 2nd year as an AS. I'd say with those grades and GCSE's you have a good shot at Warrick and maybe even Oxbridge with a good interview.

A good shot at Warwick for real? I’m not really aiming for Oxbridge lol honestly that’s just wayy too much pressure.
I’m doing a compressed course for 1.5 years so I’ll be sitting for my A2 this Oct/Nov, probably way too late to take up Further Math. Would it be a disadvantage for not having taken Further Math?
Original post by lynnny8
A good shot at Warwick for real? I’m not really aiming for Oxbridge lol honestly that’s just wayy too much pressure.
I’m doing a compressed course for 1.5 years so I’ll be sitting for my A2 this Oct/Nov, probably way too late to take up Further Math. Would it be a disadvantage for not having taken Further Math?

I can't see it in Warwicks website but I know it's usefull for other universities like LSE and UCL. Still apply I think you have a good shot at warwick.
Original post by lynnny8

your fine for Warwick , Further Maths doesn't put anyone at any advantage for Warwick. it will for other uni's such as UCL or LSE though
Reply 524
Original post by Fas
your fine for Warwick , Further Maths doesn't put anyone at any advantage for Warwick. it will for other uni's such as UCL or LSE though

oh alright thanks.
which other universities do you think I’m able to get offers from with these grades?
Original post by lynnny8
oh alright thanks.
which other universities do you think I’m able to get offers from with these grades?

most haha , the only places where you MAY struggle is LSE and Oxbridge , however once again thats a big ' may ' - if you boss the interview then even Oxbridge is good to go for you :smile:
Reply 526
Original post by Fas
most haha , the only places where you MAY struggle is LSE and Oxbridge , however once again thats a big ' may ' - if you boss the interview then even Oxbridge is good to go for you :smile:

Lol honesty i really dont know cause I'm clueless about what to write for my ps :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck guys, I guess today determines which universities we apply to...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloxorus
Good luck guys, I guess today determines which universities we apply to...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Good luck to you too. I got 3 As from Edexcel results plus I'm soooo happy :smile:
Thanks. Good luck to you too. I got 3 As from Edexcel results plus I'm soooo happy :smile:

Well done! I'm getting mine at 8:15 so fingers crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my results and 5As!!!! Still can't believe it. I was in tears when I found out.

I hope everyone else gets the grades they want!
Just got my results and 5As!!!! Still can't believe it. I was in tears when I found out.

I hope everyone else gets the grades they want!

Congrats! What were your UMS? If you don't mind :smile:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Congrats! What were your UMS? If you don't mind :smile:

C1: 80
C2: 92
D1: 88
FP1: 90
M1: 90
S1:100

Micro: 82
Macro: 78
(Really have no idea what went wrong here, im just so lucky to have got the A otherwise I would have been screwed).

Physics and General studies were both around 85% average.

Not good enough for somewhere like Cambridge or LSE by any means but I wasn't aiming for 95%+ average or anything like that, all I wanted was the As.

(Really have no idea what went wrong here, im just so lucky to have got the A otherwise I would have been screwed).

Not good enough for somewhere like Cambridge or LSE by any means but I wasn't aiming for 95%+ average or anything like that, all I wanted was the As.

You got what you wanted which is the main thing :smile:
Reply 534
AAB for AS.

Bit sad about the C2 exam dragging my maths score down, but thats life. Its a good start to the course i wish to do!
Woop, I got 4 As and a 98% UMS average. I'm slightly disappointed with not getting placed on the RES competition but I think Cambridge Econ is within my sights! =] How did everyone else do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
AAB at in Economics, Further Maths and History at AS and an A at A2 Maths.

Really disappointed with the B in History (but my head of history reckons it should go up to an A after it gets remarked since I was 3 UMS away), but really pleased to have gotten 100 UMS in Econ Unit 2.

Cambridge isn't really a realistic option which I was a bit disappointed by, but my History teacher (who went to both Oxford and Cambridge) says Oxford might still be worth a shot so I'm still optimistic!
Original post by Jkizer
AAB for AS.

Bit sad about the C2 exam dragging my maths score down, but thats life. Its a good start to the course i wish to do!

same bud , C2 was my lowest score ! ( 85 ums )

Nonsense, you still have a good chance to get into Cambridge/LSE with those grades. Well done with them they're really good :biggrin:.

Original post by Jkizer
AAB for AS.

Agreed 82 for C2 and 95 and 93 for M1 and C1 completely dropped it down. D1 also dropped my Further Maths from 90% to 84 % as I got 90, 89 and 73 in S2, FP1 and D1 :frown:.
(edited 10 years ago)
anyone else noticed Durham is in clearing for Economics ?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending