The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I'm off to Nottingham too but was on waiting list for accomm as all the ensuites were full by the time I applied. Have you just heard about your accomm or have you known for a while? Am just desperate to know I have a room on campus. No idea how long I need to wait!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by alexdaay
Cavendish, en-suite!

Hey, I'm in Cavendish as well! Congrats in getting in! What course you studying? :biggrin:
Reply 782
Original post by Templar49
Yep, I got in too! Lincoln Hall :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you meet the entry requirements or did you do slightly better and worse in different subjects? Or did you even really exceed the requirements? :biggrin:
I'm in! :biggrin: Lenton and Wortley hall, studying American Studies and English. I'm so excited now! Can't wait
Reply 784
Original post by Meldon94
Did you meet the entry requirements or did you do slightly better and worse in different subjects? Or did you even really exceed the requirements? :biggrin:

I did worse (BBC) but I did miss like 6 weeks of school so they let me off:') how about you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 785
I did worse (BBC) but I did miss like 6 weeks of school so they let me off:') how about you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got an A* in my English and missed an A in Psychology by 2 UMS, so my offer of AAA (I got an A in History) was changed to unconditional and they took me in ^_^
Reply 786
Got an A* in my English and missed an A in Psychology by 2 UMS, so my offer of AAA (I got an A in History) was changed to unconditional and they took me in ^_^

Ah right awesome, well see you at Lincoln hall in September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Ah right awesome, well see you at Lincoln hall in September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup! WOO :biggrin: So happy when I checked track ^_^
Reply 788
Yup! WOO :biggrin: So happy when I checked track ^_^

I know me too, I checked before I actually knew my results and I was confirmed so yeah :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bennnnnnnnnnnnnn
Accepted for Nottingham.

Staying in an En-Suite in Newark Hall on the Jubilee Campus.

Anyone else doing Computer Science?

I'm doing Computer Science. I'm staying over in Raleigh Park. In Sillitoe Court, which from what I gather is full of nurses and midwives.
Studying English, Hugh Stu hall anyone?
Original post by Hippokrates
Me hopefully if I get the grades. I want to do medicine. What do you study?

hey I study mathematical physics. did u get the grades? :smile:
Original post by FriarLawrenceIII
I'm doing Computer Science. I'm staying over in Raleigh Park. In Sillitoe Court, which from what I gather is full of nurses and midwives.

When you apply there is a separate option for NHS students of certain subjects, forget which exactly.

I knew loads of computer scientists staying there in my first and second years :smile:
Original post by physicsfanatic1
hey I study mathematical physics. did u get the grades? :smile:

Yes so glad you?
Original post by Hippokrates
Yes so glad you?

i'm going 2 be a 2nd year at uni but yeah I got the grades in my 1st year. was able to get a pretty high 1st. even though my tutor seemed 2 think it wasn't good enough. lol
Original post by laurajadex
I'm in! :biggrin: Lenton and Wortley hall, studying American Studies and English. I'm so excited now! Can't wait

Different halls but I'm doing American studies and English! Though I'm trying to get it changed to single honours American Studies.
You're the first person I've found doing American Studies! :biggrin:
So happy! Got in through clearing to do American and Canadian Literature, history and culture (international study). Can anyone recommend good self catered accommodation or is it all more or less the same
Original post by octoberbaby
Different halls but I'm doing American studies and English! Though I'm trying to get it changed to single honours American Studies.
You're the first person I've found doing American Studies! :biggrin:

Hi! :biggrin: which halls are you in? I think I might change it to English and American Studies so I major in English rather than American Studies :smile: but we'll see. I've only spoken to 2 or 3 others so I was thinking that maybe there's not going to be that many of us!
Original post by laurajadex
Hi! :biggrin: which halls are you in? I think I might change it to English and American Studies so I major in English rather than American Studies :smile: but we'll see. I've only spoken to 2 or 3 others so I was thinking that maybe there's not going to be that many of us!

:biggrin: I'm in Cripps :smile:
Ahh I see. I adore Lit but out of my A levels it was the one that stressed me out a ridiculous amount so I'm thinking I might be happier next year if I can do more of the history side of things :smile:.
Mmm I don't think there are gonna be many of us either! I hope we all get along if it is a really small class haha
Original post by octoberbaby
:biggrin: I'm in Cripps :smile:
Ahh I see. I adore Lit but out of my A levels it was the one that stressed me out a ridiculous amount so I'm thinking I might be happier next year if I can do more of the history side of things :smile:.
Mmm I don't think there are gonna be many of us either! I hope we all get along if it is a really small class haha

Oooh I was put into Cripps last year before I decided to take a year out. It's a really nice hall! Looks like something out of Harry Potter :wink: haha.
Yeah that makes sense I guess. No point getting into thousands of pounds of debt if you're gonna be unhappy with your course. But maybe you should just wait til you get to uni and see if you prefer the English modules? If not you can always change afterwards.
I'm sure we will get along :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest