The Student Room Group

Which is the best uni out of these?

I want to know out of these uni which is best one?

London Metropolitan University
Kingston University London
University of West London
London South Bank University
University of East London
Reply 1
Original post by SR123
I want to know out of these uni which is best one?

London Metropolitan University
Kingston University London
University of West London
London South Bank University
University of East London

Tell us your definition of 'best' and we can take a shot at it.
Hi there,
It will really come down to what you are looking for in a uni, the course you are looking to study and other factors you may feel are important to you, i.e. location, reputation, employability, cost of living etc.
Kingston for example is number one for graduate start ups. We are not based in central London (instead we are a 20 minute train ride away) - but as a result benefit from slightly cheaper living costs and have the lovely Richmond Park and Bushey Parks on our doorstep!

If you want to see what some of our students think then you could have a look at their blogs and videos on our ASK US website www.kingston.ac.uk/askus

You could also look on the unistats website for comparison data.
Good luck
Kerrie
Reply 3
Original post by Mbob
Tell us your definition of 'best' and we can take a shot at it.

best as if in good, uni for computer science or computing.
Reply 4
None of them are especially well regarded.
Reply 6
Original post by Kingston University
Hi there,
It will really come down to what you are looking for in a uni, the course you are looking to study and other factors you may feel are important to you, i.e. location, reputation, employability, cost of living etc.
Kingston for example is number one for graduate start ups. We are not based in central London (instead we are a 20 minute train ride away) - but as a result benefit from slightly cheaper living costs and have the lovely Richmond Park and Bushey Parks on our doorstep!

If you want to see what some of our students think then you could have a look at their blogs and videos on our ASK US website www.kingston.ac.uk/askus

Good luck
Kerrie

Translation:
Clearly we're the best!
I think kingston.
The other ones seem to have a really bad reputation.
Reply 8
If I had to pick one it would have to be Kingston.
Reply 9
I would say Kingston is the best among the options. I am one of the graduates in there and I can let me know more your details if you wish to.
Reply 10
Hi there,

Good luck
Kerrie

Do you guys accept BTEC which is equivalent 3 A levels for any computer course?
Reply 11
Original post by VickyVicky
I would say Kingston is the best among the options. I am one of the graduates in there and I can let me know more your details if you wish to.

Did you study computer science there?
Reply 12
Anyone who is studying computer science at Kingston uni, can you tell about the course; do you find it easy or hard?
Original post by SR123
Do you guys accept BTEC which is equivalent 3 A levels for any computer course?

Hi there,
If you are looking to apply for 2014 entry, our Computing courses generally ask for around 280-300 UCAS points, so as long as your BTEC results meet this requirement we would consider you.
Check out our website for the most up to date entry requirements and the different courses we offer.http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/computer-science-2014/

If you are hoping to come this year - there are still places available in Clearing. Give our hotline a call on 0844 842 9599 to discuss options.
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/courses/find-a-course/undergraduate-2013/subject-areas/341-computing/

Hope that helps
Kerrie
Original post by SR123
Anyone who is studying computer science at Kingston uni, can you tell about the course; do you find it easy or hard?

Hi there,
you could try asking some of our students on ASK US - we have a few of them studying computing!
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/ask-us/find-a-student/
Kind regards
Kerrie
Original post by SR123

If you're looking for information on specific universities, maybe try posting in their own sub-section on the forum. You're much more likely to get more answers that way.

Remember, what's easy or hard for one person isn't necessarily the same for another. And don't take one negative post on The Student Rooms as gospel and let it sway your decision (likewise with one positive post) as this is hardly a fair representation.

I think the rep for Kingston's summed the situation up well here:
Hi there,

Good luck
Kerrie

Unistats is probably the most reliable source of student satisfaction data readily available to you just now. It'll also give you an indication of the methods of study used (i.e. how much time spent in lectures, certain assessment types etc), live costs, employability and student satisfaction percentages for the course. Here's the unistats page for Kingston's computer related courses: http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/Search/SubjectCode/035/BSc%20Hons%20Information%20Systems%20(3%20years%20full%20time)%20G565/Institution/10003678
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending