The Student Room Group

AQA AS German Unit 1 14/05/2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Wahrheit or Menschen? That's the question... (put wahrheit) and also Lesefaehigkeiten or keine Buecher mehr?(I put latter but think it's wrong)
Also the answers to Einzelkinder one:
Mehr als frueher
Kleinere Familie
Selten asozial
Auch in der Schule
:wink:
The Zurich question:
Keine dreckige Stadt- The one with the words 'sauber und gepflegt'
Jewelierladen- One with the words 'Uhr and Schmuck'
Teuere Stadt- One which said 'Preis ist zu hoch'
Man kann draussen nicht essen- 'Keine Cafemoeglichkeiten'
And the tourism one was obvious as it said something like 'Zu viele Touristen' :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
anyone else notice how the june exams also have much lower grade boundaries, hope thats the case for this year!!! :smile: :smile:
Original post by aMBITIOUS :)
anyone else notice how the june exams also have much lower grade boundaries, hope thats the case for this year!!! :smile: :smile:

Yeah, that's because in January it's pretty much only people who are retaking, so their marks would be better and grade boundaries go up
I found the exam quite hard but I thought the essays were okay, I did the marriage one. The cinema one really confused me !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Copy of the AQA paper anyone
any predictions for grade bounds? i reckon 88/110 for an A? and maybe 107 for full UMS?
Original post by abbeyizzie
any predictions for grade bounds? i reckon 88/110 for an A? and maybe 107 for full UMS?

That sounds reasonable. :smile:
And maybe 44/50 for an A for the oral exam?
AQA grade boundaries for AS German:

Unit 1 - 91/110 - have they ever been this high!!! :frown:

Unit 2 (oral) - 43/50 - not bad, same as last year. :smile:

What does everyone else think?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
AQA grade boundaries for AS German:

Unit 1 - 91/110 - have they ever been this high!!! :frown:

Unit 2 (oral) - 43/50 - not bad, same as last year. :smile:

What does everyone else thing?

91 seems a bit outrageous... definitely in comparison with other languages (Spanish is 83 for an A - I felt that was easier than German :O ) It wasn't the best news to receive this morning, I must admit... but what's done is done so let's hope for good results for all tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 169
Has anyone got their results? I got a C and was predicted a B... Dunno I thought I'd done better
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by becky96
Has anyone got their results? I got a C and was predicted a B... Dunno I thought I'd done better

Hey I got an A :smile: extremely pleased and shocked because i didn't think the exam went too well. Well done to you though :smile:
Reply 171
Original post by Tee Logan x
Hey I got an A :smile: extremely pleased and shocked because i didn't think the exam went too well. Well done to you though :smile:

Can I be you please :frown: what else did you get?
I got an A!!!! Wooooooo! :biggrin:
Original post by becky96
Can I be you please :frown: what else did you get?

3As in bio chem and maths. Wbu? :smile:
Reply 174
3As in bio chem and maths. Wbu? :smile:

2A's in bio and maths and a B in Geography. Well done you've got a cracking set of results there.
Original post by becky96
2A's in bio and maths and a B in Geography. Well done you've got a cracking set of results there.

Thank you :smile: well done to you too, so relieved its all over! Im dropping German, are you dropping any subjects?
Reply 176
Thank you :smile: well done to you too, so relieved its all over! Im dropping German, are you dropping any subjects?

I was gonna drop Geography but now i'm contemplating continuing all four.. Despite me doing worse in German I love it and want to continue.
Original post by becky96
I was gonna drop Geography but now i'm contemplating continuing all four.. Despite me doing worse in German I love it and want to continue.

Oh yh I totally understand how you are feeling. I lovw German so much but I just know a2 is gna consist of so much work and I probably cant cope. I hope to still talk in German to my friend who is native German then that way I wont forget the language. Yeah I know people who do mediocre at as but get overall A in A2 so I think you're making a wise choice. I wish you the best of luck for A2! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending