The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from UCAS entirely

I've changed my mind about the course after my results were better than expected that I want to do and after weighing up my options I've decided to reapply next year instead of going ahead with my current course. How do I do this? I can't find anything on the UCAS website

Thanks
You'll be able to do this on Track after 5pm.

However if you've met and exceeded your firm offer then you could look for places on a different course at a different uni for this years entry via adjustment.

It's definietely worth looking to see if the course and unis you're thinking of reapplying to are interested.
Reply 2
Original post by loshielep
I've changed my mind about the course after my results were better than expected that I want to do and after weighing up my options I've decided to reapply next year instead of going ahead with my current course. How do I do this? I can't find anything on the UCAS website

Thanks

If you exceed your predicted grades you could try adjustment so you can change to a course that you prefer at the same uni.

Also you could emil your firm choice uni and tell them to clear you to get a clearing number. then ring uni's for a clearing number.

If not then just tell the unis you want to withdraw and then chill out !!!!
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
You'll be able to do this on Track after 5pm.

However if you've met and exceeded your firm offer then you could look for places on a different course at a different uni for this years entry via adjustment.

It's definietely worth looking to see if the course and unis you're thinking of reapplying to are interested.

Thanks a lot for your reply,

There is a course at the same uni that I really like but unfortunately it is full. Do you think they would be understanding if I decided to withdraw with the intention of applying for the preferred course next year?
Reply 4
Original post by loshielep
Thanks a lot for your reply,

There is a course at the same uni that I really like but unfortunately it is full. Do you think they would be understanding if I decided to withdraw with the intention of applying for the preferred course next year?

I'm sure they'll be understanding, but that's all they will be. They will not guarantee you a place next year, and they also won't give your application preferential treatment because they offered you a place this year. They will judge your application next year against the pool of other applicants and it is entirely possible that you may not be successful next year. Think very carefully before withdrawing from UCAS entirely - there are other options available: adjustment, clearing, or keeping your place.
Reply 5
Original post by Tasha1986
I'm sure they'll be understanding, but that's all they will be. They will not guarantee you a place next year, and they also won't give your application preferential treatment because they offered you a place this year. They will judge your application next year against the pool of other applicants and it is entirely possible that you may not be successful next year. Think very carefully before withdrawing from UCAS entirely - there are other options available: adjustment, clearing, or keeping your place.

Yeah I have registered for adjustment and am looking but to be honest I feel like I don't have enough time to research it properly and make an informed decision at such short notice.

Thanks for the reply!
I would suggest rather than withdrawing through UCAS track calling up your firm choice and explaining that you want to withdraw to reapply for the other course next year.

You might find that if they are given the choice between finding you space on the course this year or losing you possibly forever that a space on the other course will miraculously open up :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending