The Student Room Group

Is it realistic to make my teacher predict me AAB from BCD

I want to do chemistry at a good uni, and unfortunately i got B at maths, C in chemistry and D in physics (only one mark from a C, so its like BCC).

Can a prediction of ABB or AAB be possible if i try to persuade my teacher, as i worked hard throughout the year, and got high Bs and low As except for one unit in each exam where i got E.

Also, even if i get this prediction, will top russell group universities consider this as the predicted grades are high or dismiss it because of these ASs.
Reply 1
Honestly, I would not say that's very realistic at all unless you are very determined and will change something in the way you study this year. If you really are certain you can get these grades however you could probably convince your teachers if they aren't really strict about it.

I also think that Some Russell universities would still consider you especially if you secure predicted grade that they want and do everything else right.
Reply 2
It would be very difficult, but it is doable. I got my grades up from BCC to AAB (would have been AAA if it wasn't for that stupid C3 exam but hey -.-). If you work incredibly hard (as in no social life throughout most of Year 13), it is possible. I got offers from Bristol and Leicester for Medicine despite those grades, but as long as you prove you are passionate and willing to work hard universities WILL give you a chance. But choose universities that select applicants based on GCSEs than AS. If your willing to work hard, plead with your teacher, it worked for me! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by housre
It would be very difficult, but it is doable. I got my grades up from BCC to AAB (would have been AAA if it wasn't for that stupid C3 exam but hey -.-). If you work incredibly hard (as in no social life throughout most of Year 13), it is possible. I got offers from Bristol and Leicester for Medicine despite those grades, but as long as you prove you are passionate and willing to work hard universities WILL give you a chance. But choose universities that select applicants based on GCSEs than AS. If your willing to work hard, plead with your teacher, it worked for me! :smile:

By you got them up to AAB does that mean they where your predicted grades or what you got at the end of a2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
AS i got ACDE and i've just come out with A*BB A level :smile: One of my B's is nearly an A (I just got a low 'd' in my last exam :colondollar: ) and so it is possible :smile:
However, I was able to do January retakes.... And I always seem to be more motivated in Jan than June, so it depends how motivated you are :tongue:
Reply 5
I have to be honest, first of all, just call it a BCD, rather than the "almost-a-BCC-route"; using the same logic, the guys who got low Cs are "almost BCD"s, which isn't fair at all :wink: Besides, BCD is nothing to be ashamed of, you don't need to make excuses.

Regarding the predictions, while it is not normally realistic, the fact that you " worked hard throughout the year, and got high Bs and low As except for one unit in each exam where i got E" is what makes it worth asking in my opinion. Providing that your teachers can see you are capable of hitting those top grades and know you have a good work ethic, you are certainly in with a reasonable, credible argument for better predicted grades. Be sure to sit down with them and take the time to talk everything through, and I think you could be in luck :biggrin: all the best mate.

(And no, I don't think you would be dismissed by universities given the AS results - going from BCD to ABB would signify a massive development and would suggest someone who is really capable of taking their work seriously :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest