The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
Is it bad that I can't even remember what this latest AS unit was on? Haha! Oh it was abnormality, social and stress, I remembered hah. Woo well done! And yeah I know what you mean, my mental health took a bit of a bad turn during the exam period which I think messed up my grades a bit but luckily still got AAABB and they were close A's so not too bad! Ah I suppose I better get on with my summer homework now haha, I've been slacking so bad!

I had no social interaction (well, friends anyway) for my month long study leave - was just holed up in my room! I even blocked Tumblr. I think I went a bit mad during that period.
Think I can justify a shopping trip with my grades? :P
I swear I will do my summer homework afterwards!
:curious:
Needed an ABB, got a BCD but got in my firm anyway.
This is the best birthday ever.
I feel like dying :frown: I'm so depressed but yet so happy for my friends. I got BBCE. The E was in chemistry :frown: And I need chem to do a bio degree at uni right? The Bs were in bio and econ and the C in german. Well done to all you guys that did well but I'm literally done for.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
4 As, ecstatic

WELL DONE, that is so great! Knew you'd do it, see! :woo: :excited: I'll get on to making that cake okay :woo:
Original post by Kircheis

What are you studying and what is your firm?, if you don't mind me asking
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Which course? Do you prefer your firm university over your insurance enough to do a foundation course, or is your preference towards doing the course, so going to the insurance doesn't matter as much?

Choice between Manchester uni (my hometown) or Leeds. Manchester I'm closer to home and I get more money from Manchester but it is an extra year and an extra 6 grand of debt.
Reply 1646
Original post by Ripper-Roo
GCSEs, AS levels and predicted grades (from your teachers). As well as personal statement, references, possibly an interview, and checking your AS levels and predicted grades are consistent (not overvalued or undervalued). If you feel you under performed in one your referee can say so, but I think your predicted grades are absolutely fine taking your AS levels into account.

EDIT: A-levels if you apply after your A-levels have been completed (Gap year)

Im not sure if I should take the chance and apply this year (minimum entry requirement is AAA!) :frown:or maybe take a gap year and resist some modules.
I've failed my AS so now my sixth form have booted me out. I dont know what to do.
Reply 1648
As levels:
physics 300/300
chemistry 298/300
biology 291/300
maths 297/300
further maths 291/300

ironically don't enjoy physics all that much but doesn't take away my joy nonetheless!
Reply 1649
Original post by mkhan9035
I got AAC needed 3A's but Uni of Manchester accepted me anyway and i'll be studying Law in September :smile: Couldn't be any more happier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boy they must really want you.
Reply 1650
Original post by Ptolemy001
I feel like dying :frown: I'm so depressed but yet so happy for my friends. I got BBCE. The E was in chemistry :frown: And I need chem to do a bio degree at uni right? The Bs were in bio and econ and the C in german. Well done to all you guys that did well but I'm literally done for.

Have hope. :smile:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I've failed my AS so now my sixth form have booted me out. I dont know what to do.

Yh i feel for you, 30 people in my school have been kicked out
Original post by RoseBrilliante
I had no social interaction (well, friends anyway) for my month long study leave - was just holed up in my room! I even blocked Tumblr. I think I went a bit mad during that period.
Think I can justify a shopping trip with my grades? :P
I swear I will do my summer homework afterwards!
:curious:

Neither did I, I worked so hard but also crammed so hard for sociology which was my first exam and that just mentally drained me so then I wasn't in a good place for the rest. Bloody hell I could never block tumblr haha! Yes yes yes, I went out for cake with my mom and were going out for tea on Monday to celebrate! I have to go driving tonight though :frown: haha ill be saying that about my homework on the 4th September, the day before I go back
Reply 1653
Original post by Kircheis

Well done!

Happy Birthday!

What course and university may I ask?
Original post by the_red_sloth
Choice between Manchester uni (my hometown) or Leeds. Manchester I'm closer to home and I get more money from Manchester but it is an extra year and an extra 6 grand of debt.

Tough as they're both good universities... have you looked at the course details again? Not sure what to advise, where could you see yourself at more?

Original post by Karimaa
Im not sure if I should take the chance and apply this year (minimum entry requirement is AAA!) :frown:or maybe take a gap year and resist some modules.

Applying this year won't hurt, the worst that could happen is you are rejected but can always apply in the 2015 cycle.
Reply 1655
I cocked up my Alevels. :frown:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

That seems harsh, do you have any external circumstances you can use to stay in sixth form and restart year 12? Do you want to do AS levels again or try something else? Or you can start at a different sixth form college and do A-levels there, are there any nearby you can apply to with your GCSE grades and just explain that you failed but want to give it another go?
Original post by Ecawthorn
So I was 2 marks off a B then, not 3? Damn! Ah how did you know 53 was the raw mark? & yeah I guess I could I just don't know whether to resit AS to be safe, but I'm talking to my teacher tomorrow so should be fine:smile: she can advice me too, thanks for you help and well done with your results, what did you get in everything else? x

You were two marks off an overall B but three marks off a B in the individual unit. I had a look on the AQA UMS Convertor, just type it into google and you'll find what raw mark you got for any one of your AS Levels. That could be an option as you werent far off a B, I'm considering resitting one of my A2 units... I'm doing a third year as I picked up two AS Levels. I got a B overall for AS Psychology and I was three marks off an A >.> And an A in the individual unit. And I got a D overall for Environmental Studies and I was three marks off a C in unit 1 and 4 marks off a C in unit 2. So overall I'm not very pleased about my results. How did you do in your other subjects?
Original post by mhassan
What are you studying and what is your firm?, if you don't mind me asking

Philosophy and English Literature at Reading.
everyone on TSR seems to be a genius ffs

Latest