The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath Confirmation 2013

We have created this thread for University of Bath applicants who are currently holding a Firm or Insurance offer to study at Bath to discuss the confirmation process (there is a Bath Clearing thread here for those wishing to discuss Clearing and Adjustment vacancies at Bath).

You will be able to view the outcome of your application on UCAS Track from the morning of Thursday 15 August.

If you have taken a qualification which is not automatically sent to us by UCAS (e.g. an Access course or an International qualification- please click here for full details) then please send us your results as soon as possible via Bath Application Tracker so that we are able to confirm your place (Bath Application Tracker will be available from the morning of Thursday 15 August).

If you are waiting for your place to be confirmed and are unsure why Track is not showing a decision then please check that we are not waiting on any further information from you by logging into your Bath Application Tracker account (Application Tracker will be available from the morning of Thursday 15 August).

If your place has been confirmed by UCAS Track then you do not need to contact Bath. You may wish to visit our new undergraduate webpages and ‘like’ our Bath First Years 2013 Facebook page to find out more about the transition to Bath and Freshers week. We will be emailing all new students in due course with full induction information. We will email accommodation allocations by 9 September. If Bath was your insurance choice and you have not yet applied for accommodation then please visit our accommodation site from the 19 August.

I will be checking this thread during the Confirmation and Clearing period, as will two current undergraduate students who will respond to posts where possible- Sadia, who is studying Social Sciences at Bath, and Chris, who is studying Physics at Bath. Both Sadia and Chris have just completed their first year at Bath, and will answer any queries they can on Thursday 15 and Friday 16, although please be aware that they may be unable to respond to all queries.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So my offer for Bath has turned unconditional! Anyone else joining me? :wink:

My question is when will Bath be sending out emails to confirm accommodation etc?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by eggfriedrice

My question is when will Bath be sending out emails to confirm accommodation etc?

I've got in too :biggrin:! What are you planning to study?

Congratulations on your offer, if you have applied for accommodation you will be emailed about it within the next few weeks.

Regards,

Chris
Original post by Bennybo
I've got in too :biggrin:! What are you planning to study?

Civil Engineering! And you?
Aww yay! Congrats to all new Bath Freshers you're going to have a blast! Any questions don't hesitate to ask, I'm a second year here studying Chemistry :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hi,

My offer is still conditional. I didn't think I had to upload anything to the Bath Application Tracker as everything is in my UCAS application.

I haven't got my results yet, should I wait for them and then call Bath? Should I be uploading things to the tracker?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spwills
Hi,

My offer is still conditional. I didn't think I had to upload anything to the Bath Application Tracker as everything is in my UCAS application.

I haven't got my results yet, should I wait for them and then call Bath? Should I be uploading things to the tracker?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi spwills

Have you taken A Levels? What course have you applied to? Do check your email and Bath Application Tracker to check that we are not waiting to receive any further information from you.

If we have all the information from you, it is possible that that we are still considering your application. We will make these decisions as soon as we possibly can.

Do keep checking UCAS as the decision will appear there as soon as it is ready. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi spwills

Have you taken A Levels? What course have you applied to? Do check your email and Bath Application Tracker to check that we are not waiting to receive any further information from you.

If we have all the information from you, it is possible that that we are still considering your application. We will make these decisions as soon as we possibly can.

Do keep checking UCAS as the decision will appear there as soon as it is ready. :smile:

Hello,

Yes, I have taken A Levels. I have applied for BA Modern Languages and European Studies (French and an initio Italian).

On the application tracker it says "you do not need to upload any documents, unless requested by us." However underneath there are still the links to upload Qualification Certificate, Degree Transcript, English Language Results and Reference.

Is it right that I won't know until the next update at 12.00, or can I keep checking?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlexJm
Hi,
My UCAS Track says my offer was Unsuccessful. Does this mean it is not worth calling to try and change that? Is there a 'near-miss' (though I wasn't exactly near) phone number for me to call? My offer was AAB for Biology and I received ABC, is it worth trying?
Thanks

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid that if UCAS Track is showing that your application to Bath has been unsuccessful then we will not be able to accept you onto the course.

We will already have been through the process of checking to see if any applicants who have just missed their offers can have their place confirmed, but I am afraid that if your Track account shows that your application has been unsuccessful that we have not been able to accept you as a ‘near miss’ applicant.

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Don’t forget to look into your options via Clearing if Bath was your insurance choice.

Thanks,

Steve
Reply 10
Original post by spwills
Hello,

Yes, I have taken A Levels. I have applied for BA Modern Languages and European Studies (French and an initio Italian).

On the application tracker it says "you do not need to upload any documents, unless requested by us." However underneath there are still the links to upload Qualification Certificate, Degree Transcript, English Language Results and Reference.

Is it right that I won't know until the next update at 12.00, or can I keep checking?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please can you let me know if I should be uploading extra details to my application tracker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spwills
Please can you let me know if I should be uploading extra details to my application tracker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi spwills

I've sent you an inbox message. :smile:

Liz (Admissions)
Is there a deadline for the funding application on the application tracker? I've just noticed it but I think it's been there for a while :|
Is there a deadline for the funding application on the application tracker? I've just noticed it but I think it's been there for a while :|

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

You need to complete this asap!

The deadlines are different for different awards (you will be considered for all relevant awards once you have completed the funding application), but the deadline for the National Scholarship Programme is the end of August so you will need to apply before then to be considered.

Further details can be found within our Funding timeline.

Thanks,

Steve
Reply 14
Hi I'm a mature student with an unconditional offer, that has obviously already been confirmed... I've been waiting till today to find out what happens next and when? I guess its useful information to all those that have achieve what they wanted in their A-Levels too and have had their place confirmed (Well Done!!!)...

So Bath what happens next, when do we get to register and choose our optional units?
Original post by josh.dyall
Hi I'm a mature student with an unconditional offer, that has obviously already been confirmed... I've been waiting till today to find out what happens next and when? I guess its useful information to all those that have achieve what they wanted in their A-Levels too and have had their place confirmed (Well Done!!!)...

So Bath what happens next, when do we get to register and choose our optional units?

Hi Josh,

You will receive registration instructions soon via Bath Application Tracker. In the meantime you can find out more about preparing for University by going to http://www.bath.ac.uk/new-ug/ (in particular take a look at the checklist which has information about what you need to do now that your place has been confirmed. We will also be publishing a link from this page to our induction pages once they go live next week.

Once the induction pages are live there will be further details about registration and induction, and you will choose your optional units once you are here at Bath.

If you have applied for University accommodation, you will be emailed about this during the next few weeks (all allocations will be confirmed by 9 September at the latest).

I hope that this information is helpful.

Congratulations to all those who have had their place at Bath confirmed!

Thanks,

Steve
Hi,

I got my grades today which were AAA what I needed for my course on computer information systems, however one of my results were delayed because of a mistake by AQA, they are correcting this and my third A grade should be sent to UCAS in a few days. Is the wait going to be an issue?

Also, my offer was for AAA and A grade maths GCSE, I got a B grade which was a few marks off an A, I explained this to the head of the department a few months ago and she said she will see what can be done on results day. Do you think I would be considered as a 'near miss' student? I'm worried because I am left in limbo for a few days..

Thank you
Original post by CoolCat94
Hi,

I got my grades today which were AAA what I needed for my course on computer information systems, however one of my results were delayed because of a mistake by AQA, they are correcting this and my third A grade should be sent to UCAS in a few days. Is the wait going to be an issue?

Also, my offer was for AAA and A grade maths GCSE, I got a B grade which was a few marks off an A, I explained this to the head of the department a few months ago and she said she will see what can be done on results day. Do you think I would be considered as a 'near miss' student? I'm worried because I am left in limbo for a few days..

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for this question.

Unfortunately I cannot say how likely it is that we would be able to accept you as a ‘near miss’ student until we have all of your results confirmed.

Please make sure you have sent us any relevant certificates via your Application Tracker account and we will be able to confirm the outcome of your application as soon as we have received confirmation of all of your results.

Thanks,

Steve
Reply 18
heya, i recieved my results of AAB and i am applying for mechanical engineering. I really want to get into bath i phoned them up and they said they are still looking at my application. Do you think i have a chance of getting into bath despite not meeting the initial requirements?
Original post by Boxed
heya, i recieved my results of AAB and i am applying for mechanical engineering. I really want to get into bath i phoned them up and they said they are still looking at my application. Do you think i have a chance of getting into bath despite not meeting the initial requirements?

Dear Boxed,

Thanks for your post.

I am afraid that I cannot answer this question.

We are working to process any remaining decisions as soon as possible and will communicate any decisions via UCAS Track as soon as they have been made.

Please be patient, and feel free to call us tomorrow if you are still awaiting a decision.

Thanks,

Steve

Quick Reply

Latest