The Student Room Group

Neeed help asap!!! Anyone!!! :(

hey ive just received my results and was very disappointed I got D in bio E in chem and E in maths. altogether including AS ive got 170 UCAS points. I originally applied for pharmacy and didn't meet the requirements. I tried out for pharmaceuticals in clearing and still don't meet the requirement. I don't whether to take up any science related course that's available or take a gap year and redo the exams in June and apply next September? bear in mind I retook AS. is it worth taking another year? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't accept another course unless you're sure it's something you enjoy doing.
If you feel confident you can do better and pharmacy is something you really want to do then take a gap year.
Be realistic though. If you don't see yourself achieving the grades you need then maybe it is best to reconsider your options and choose a course with lower entry requirements.

Also, you can still apply again this September and take the exams in January so you'll know by March-ish whether you'll have got in or not. And if you haven't, then you can always try for another course.
Reply 2
Original post by mementomori
If you feel confident you can do better and pharmacy is something you really want to do then take a gap year.
Be realistic though. If you don't see yourself achieving the grades you need then maybe it is best to reconsider your options and choose a course with lower entry requirements.

Also, you can still apply again this September and take the exams in January so you'll know by March-ish whether you'll have got in or not. And if you haven't, then you can always try for another course.

there aren't any exams in January this year, even for retakes
Original post by pritsingh26
hey ive just received my results and was very disappointed I got D in bio E in chem and E in maths. altogether including AS ive got 170 UCAS points. I originally applied for pharmacy and didn't meet the requirements. I tried out for pharmaceuticals in clearing and still don't meet the requirement. I don't whether to take up any science related course that's available or take a gap year and redo the exams in June and apply next September? bear in mind I retook AS. is it worth taking another year? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Have you considered access courses?

Feel free to give us a call on 01332 592013 or check out our website at www.derby.ac.uk/clearing for more information.

We're more than happy to talk through options with you.

Good luck!

Stacey
have you tried Kingston University in London?

Ive heard they are asking for 160 UCAS points for pharmaceutical science in clearing

or you could apply to these for next years entry all require under 170 UCAS points

http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/courses/degree-courses/pharmacy-degree-courses-united-kingdom/pharmacy/m/united+kingdom/united+kingdom/25/0/0/0/r/0/1/0/uc/ucas_points/170/page.html
Reply 5

yhh I see myself doing pharmacy but the only thing stopping me is wasting another year. that's the main factor stopping me. im confident I can do better I was surprised with my results tbh.
Reply 6
Original post by rattusratus

Ive heard they are asking for 160 UCAS points for pharmaceutical science in clearing

or you could apply to these for next years entry all require under 170 UCAS points

http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/courses/degree-courses/pharmacy-degree-courses-united-kingdom/pharmacy/m/united+kingdom/united+kingdom/25/0/0/0/r/0/1/0/uc/ucas_points/170/page.html

hey thanks for the advise but I think that website is incorrect as I did contact Kingston earlier and they said I didn't meet the requirement but I will call again to double check
Reply 7

I just phoned them up again and they want 260 UCAS points :frown: thanks for the help much appreciated
yhh I see myself doing pharmacy but the only thing stopping me is wasting another year. that's the main factor stopping me. im confident I can do better I was surprised with my results tbh.

Well it doesn't have to be a year wasted. You can get a job, study really hard, try and get some work experience to strengthen your application. And then once you've sat your exams you could go travelling for a few months? If anything, it'll just give you more experience and at least then you'll end up doing something you know you'll enjoy. Much better than settling for another course and hating it right?
Reply 9
Well it doesn't have to be a year wasted. You can get a job, study really hard, try and get some work experience to strengthen your application. And then once you've sat your exams you could go travelling for a few months? If anything, it'll just give you more experience and at least then you'll end up doing something you know you'll enjoy. Much better than settling for another course and hating it right?

yhh very true! thanks for the advise ill deffo consider that! much appreciated.
I just phoned them up again and they want 260 UCAS points :frown: thanks for the help much appreciated

ah, sorry to here that :frown:
if your desperate you could phone up the university of Hertfordshire and ask if there is any places left free on the extended course for pharmaceutical science?

or phone and ask for part time places, they are available until start date and there is often quite low applicant levels (there is only 3 people on part time course) and often not advertised but you cant qualify for grants on part time (but do still get tuition loan) but you have extra time for a part time job to make money
Reply 12
ah, sorry to here that :frown:

that's okay! thanks for the help.
Reply 13
if your desperate you could phone up the university of Hertfordshire and ask if there is any places left free on the extended course for pharmaceutical science?

or phone and ask for part time places, they are available until start date and there is often quite low applicant levels (there is only 3 people on part time course) and often not advertised but you cant qualify for grants on part time (but do still get tuition loan) but you have extra time for a part time job to make money

oh cool I've just called up Hertfordshire about it and they said they will get back to me. thanks again for the advise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending