The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Even more wow :clap2:
I can only dream of getting A*s.

Haha :P thankyou! :biggrin:
Are you AS? Hope you got what you wanted!! :smile:
so for OCR Salters B Chemistry, my results were as follows: (UMS)
F331: 76a
F332: 118b
F333: 42b

FINAL: 236B
...I need 4 more UMS to get an A. Any suggestions? retaking? remarking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1702
Original post by Ashahedow
I'm really confused. I applied to a music school outside of UCAS because I presumed I wasn't clever enough to go to university.

Somehow I got an A* in English Literature, my favourite subject, without trying?

You obviously knew you were clever enough because you must have done good in AS to get an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1703
Original post by James A
Anyone who got into Reading? :biggrin:

Well done in getting in!

I completely flopped chemistry. :frown:
Reply 1704
Original post by 08batee
Congratulations to everyone who got in :smile:
I got into my firm but I feel really numb and confused. I don't know whether I want to go. Seeing everyone else so excited makes me feel even worse.

This but with my insurance rather than my firm.
Original post by Tabzqt
Nice one, I got 94 and 72/80 on the coursework :smile:

Ouch, just a few marks off that A in that paper. Did you get your A overall though? :smile:
Original post by James A
safe brah, C2 I got 92/100 wtffffff looooool

wtf brah, something weird happened and I got 79 in S1 lmfao I got 100 in C2 though :cool:

At least you've made it brah! I've still got one year to go!
Original post by EllyR
Haha :P thankyou! :biggrin:
Are you AS? Hope you got what you wanted!! :smile:

Yep, AS - not quite the results I wanted but can't really complain that much anyway :smile: The possibility of getting A*AB next year is too damn high :biggrin: So I'm just looking forward to Year 13 now :smile:
Reply 1708
Maths: Physics:
Unit 1: 98 Unit 1: 96
Unit 2: 100 Unit 2: 106
Mechanics 1: 83 Unit 3: 47

Chemistry DT Product Design
Unit 1 83 RM1 90/120
Unit 2 118 RM2 40/80
Unit 3 46

Absolutely delighted with my AS exam results in maths, chemistry and physics but am absolutely perplexed by DT tried so hard to make my coursework (RM1) perfect and nail the exam which I thought went really well. Did anyone else take edexcel DT Product Design and get a below-expected result OR have I just stuffed this subject up (wouldn’t be the first time)?

Congratulations to everyone regardless of what you achieved facing exams isn’t easy and these results play a big step in our lives.
Got A*AB, so happy! A* in geog, A in Sociology and B in English!
I HAVE FAILED COMPLETELY...GOT A "B" AND SOMETHING LIKE EITHER A "D", "E" OR "U" for my other 2 grades

what do i do now??

will the clearing vacancies still accept me??

i dont know what to do? the clearing courses i wanna choose ask for like 300 UCAS points...........

plus i have my OCD medical proof letter here with me, my life is ruined ..
hi guys, i'm really disappointed to day with my results because I got ABC at AS level (note its only 3 subjects). it was Sociology(A), Biology(B), Chemistry(C) and I wanted to do Chemistry at uni where the entry requirement is AAA-ABB. And now I realise I have a whole year to mess it up even more:mad: Any thoughts?
Original post by TheAsian
so for OCR Salters B Chemistry, my results were as follows: (UMS)
F331: 76a
F332: 118b
F333: 42b

FINAL: 236B
...I need 4 more UMS to get an A. Any suggestions? retaking? remarking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Retake a module? I doubt a re-mark will boost you up 4 whole UMS, but you might as well try, eh?
Original post by qr95
You obviously knew you were clever enough because you must have done good in AS to get an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got B in exam and C in coursework. Was predicted a C. My teacher said it was possible to get an A* if you worked really hard in year two but I thought it was impossible, mainly because I was ill and in hospital for chunks of year two.
Reply 1714
Thought I did really well originally, found out today I screwed up every module so I didn't get my firm or insurance, and I'm not going into clearing for a few reasons. I hope most of you got what you wanted today, I'll have to wait a year and retake. Fun.
ADVISE: I got CEEU in AS (maths,chem,business studies and biology) Does that mean there's no chance of goin to university if I retake units in year 13 because I was allowed to go back next year
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1716
Original post by PQ
Which uni is it? I might be able to help you find someone better to speak to.

PM me if you'd prefer (although public name and shame is always a good tactic!)

Its Cumbria uni
I've rang three times now cause i dont know what to do with myself!
Reply 1717
Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 1718
Original post by abzy1234
Ouch, just a few marks off that A in that paper. Did you get your A overall though? :smile:

Yeah, I got 3 As :biggrin:

Going to get a remark on a philosophy paper though because it seems suspicious,
96% in one module and then 72% in the other, really odd...
Anyone off to UCL :love:

Latest