The Student Room Group

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013

Scroll to see replies

OCR you **** I just scraped an A thanks to that B in F582
Original post by Nerd2
I screwed up F582, I thought it was pretty hard anyway, was expecting a C and got a C.
What you get?

managed to get 94% on the F582 , but screwed up F581 and got a C on that haha - overall B :frown:
Completely messed it up and thought it went pretty well
A B in micro and a D in macro! Shocker!
Economics was the one I thought was nailed and I got A's in everything else :')
I managed to get A in both F582 and F583 and i self taught myself in 2 weeks.. Its all about learning exam techniques!
Original post by alithedon
I managed to get A in both F582 and F583 and i self taught myself in 2 weeks.. Its all about learning exam techniques!

i have the rotten feeling this is why i screwed up F581.
Original post by Robbie242
OCR you **** I just scraped an A thanks to that B in F582

What were your scores? I also scraped an A by getting a B in F581. The 49/60 grade boundary for F582 was high although I still got 90. I didn't think regulation would come up again this year but it did and that's what messed me over in F581 as I didn't really dive into the question very well.
Original post by Kenny Loftun
What were your scores? I also scraped an A by getting a B in F581. The 49/60 grade boundary for F582 was high although I still got 90. I didn't think regulation would come up again this year but it did and that's what messed me over in F581 as I didn't really dive into the question very well.

I got 78 for F582 and I got 84 for F581 in Jan. Lots of my friends got U's for econ again
B overall in economics, not bad . :cool:
Reply 1028
I got 87% in macro and 68% in micro. It's a B overall and I'm pretty gutted considering I want to do PPE as well as the fact that I completed all the past papers as part of revision and I was consistently getting As. Not sure whether it's worth remarking or going straight for a retake in year 13?
Original post by WozzyW
I got 87% in macro and 68% in micro. It's a B overall and I'm pretty gutted considering I want to do PPE as well as the fact that I completed all the past papers as part of revision and I was consistently getting As. Not sure whether it's worth remarking or going straight for a retake in year 13?

same position as you mate , even worse cos i wanna do straight Economics at Uni ! i'm only a mark off and my F581 is REALLY dodgy ( mid-C ) so gonna call a photocopy and think about a remark , but if that doesn;t work then probably gonna retake F581 :smile:
Resat F581 and got the exact same mark as I did initially. Totally froze up on the Regulation 18 marker, ffs. Got 82 in F582 but it wasn't enough to get me an A overall and I'm now 6 UMS off. :frown:
Reply 1031
Original post by iggyDash
B overall in economics, not bad . :cool:

What was your total UMS in the 4 modules? I want to an idea of how much was needed for a B.
Original post by Nerd2
What was your total UMS in the 4 modules? I want to an idea of how much was needed for a B.

140/200 in total UMS was the boundary for a B. so 70 on each paper.
Reply 1033
I got a B overall for AS. 148 ums/200 ums, how much ums from A2 do I need to get an A overall for the a level? and Im assuming extremely high A grades???
Reply 1034
Original post by Fas
140/200 in total UMS was the boundary for a B. so 70 on each paper.

Cheers, I wasn't even far off from a B overall, just that one unit Transport Economics that ****ed me over.
Original post by lisa96
I got 96% on F581 resit and 86% on F582. I only done well on f581 cause the grade boundaries were extremely low, I think I must have got 50/60 since you only needed 54 to get full ums

Does anyone know what they're going to be predicted next year? I really want an A* but I think i'll most likely be predicted an A

this is a long shot , but you wouldn't happen to remember a general outline of how you tackled the F581 essay do you ? or any answers to any big questions in the exam ?
Original post by Nerd2
Cheers, I wasn't even far off from a B overall, just that one unit Transport Economics that ****ed me over.

yeah , i was one mark off an A cos of Markets in Action :frown: 94% in F582 and then a C , whaaaat the **** man
Original post by lisa96
Was the question on regulations being used to correct information failure from using sun beds?

I can vaguely remember what I wrote. I this this is the structure I used

Intro: defining regulations, info failure, maybe market failure as well.

Argument 1: Advantages of regulations
Easy to understand
Rapid impact as they can easily be adjusted by the government
Legally binding - deters people from breaking the law

Argument 2:
Could lead to a black market. I think I referred to the case study to support this point since it mentioned that some people were already breaking the law
Opportunity cost

Can't remember my other points :frown:

And then I mentioned an alternative saying that indirect tax would be a better solution since it allows the government to generate some revenue, its probably more effective in deterring people. I drew a demand and supply curve and showed the burden of the indirect tax and on consumer and producer but then mentioned the disadvantages of this type of intervention i.e. unfair if the consumer burden is too high and it is difficult to determine the size of the tax

And then the conclusion in which I argued that Indirect Tax is better solution and I think I used 2 short reasons to back up my opinion.

Thats all I can remember, it was a while ago lol

I can't remember any of the other questions. I might remember my answers if I saw the questions again

ok my essay was very similiar to yours , and if you have around 50/60 then i don't think my essay is the problem !

although dropping 25 odd raw marks out of 42 sounds really REALLY dodgy......
Reply 1038
Original post by lisa96
Are you in year 13?

yep, why?
Original post by lisa96
How difficult is A2 economics?

A2 Economics is hard and makes as economics look like utopia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending