The Student Room Group

Please, help. I need to make a decision about Adjustment.

As I am an IB student, I got my results on July the 5th. A week later, my unconditional offer to read Law at Birkbeck, University of London was confirmed and since them I have already enrolled into the course and sort out my Student Finance status. However, I just checked track and I am entitled to undergo Adjustment. I am unsure of how it works or if it is something along the lines of Clearing where you have to ring up the universities you are interested in?
Original post by HyperInSugar
As I am an IB student, I got my results on July the 5th. A week later, my unconditional offer to read Law at Birkbeck, University of London was confirmed and since them I have already enrolled into the course and sort out my Student Finance status. However, I just checked track and I am entitled to undergo Adjustment. I am unsure of how it works or if it is something along the lines of Clearing where you have to ring up the universities you are interested in?

Everyone gets the button to register for adjustment.

Not everyone is actually eligible.

Did you meet your firm offer?

Did you exceed the conditions of your firm offer?

If either of those isn't a yes then you aren't eligible for adjustment.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Everyone gets the button to register for adjustment.

Not everyone is actually eligible.

Did you meet your firm offer?

Did you exceed the conditions of your firm offer?

If either of those isn't a yes then you aren't eligible for adjustment.

Yes, I did met and exceed the conditions of my firm offer (Birkbeck asked for 28 IB points, I got 30), and I also have more than enough points in HL (19) to apply for Adjustment. I have to admit that while the prospectus of studying in a 1994 Group and a member of the University of London is promising, plus I loved the university when I had the chance to visit it in March. However the fact that its full-time Law LLB is fairly recent and the lectures take place during the evening is a little off putting.
Original post by HyperInSugar
Yes, I did met and exceed the conditions of my firm offer (Birkbeck asked for 28 IB points, I got 30), and I also have more than enough points in HL (19) to apply for Adjustment. I have to admit that while the prospectus of studying in a 1994 Group and a member of the University of London is promising, plus I loved the university when I had the chance to visit it in March. However the fact that its full-time Law LLB is fairly recent and the lectures take place during the evening is a little off putting.

ok - in that case you need to hit the button on Track and phone up the universities you're interested in.

If any of them make you an offer be wary of accepting over the phone - in adjustment universities pick students up and this can be done if you've verbally accepted an offer.

I'd check what implications there are for finance/visas (for example if you've already used a CAS for birkbeck then I'm not sure if the UKBA would allow you to switch the visa to another choice) - however if you're from the EU and your finance is a student loan then that should be straight forward to switch (lots of people do this every year).

When you call always ask about accommodation and any other questions you have about the course - and if you'd like time to think about it then say so and ask what number you can call back on to accept the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending