Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster- Freshers 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by adil_h4
North west/west London. I've heard a lot of the students are commuters though so webshouldn't miss out on much

yeah i hope so :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by modalsoul
Hi all.
I'm Juliet & I'm going to be studying Illustration & Visual Communication at Harrow Campus. Have applied for halls but haven't heard anything, and am also on the lookout of private accomodation as it's much cheaper :P I'm not a drinker so have no idea what i'll be doing during freshers xD Any other non-drinkers out there!?

Hey, I'm Charlie, I'm also doing Illustration and I'm also not that much of a drinker haha :smile:
Reply 362
Original post by alexc88
cool, I'm doing English Lit where you commuting from?

Hey, I live quite close to London (Slough), which would take me around 30-40 mins to get to Uni :smile: What about you?
Reply 363
Hi I'm Megan 18 from Manchester and will be studying BA television production at harrow campus where I will also be living in halls, feel free to pm me if you are studying the same course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 364
Hi ! My name is Josh and Im going to be doing computer science at Cavendish :smile:
Reply 365
Hey :smile: My names Ashraf and I'll be studying Business Management with Marketing at Marlyebone Campus hopefully :smile: Oh and I'm recently turned 19. Who else is doing business?
Reply 366
Hello, im gonna study sociology in the regent street campus is there any body else doing the same course?
Reply 367
Haha This is weird...

My name is Charlie and I am studying Contemporary Media Practice at the Harrow Campus and shall be hopefully commuting from a flat I hope to move into soon outside of campus..

Any media heads out there PM me! I shall reward you all with cookies and milk the rest of you get nothing apart from my sadness
Reply 368
Original post by HR13
Hey, I live quite close to London (Slough), which would take me around 30-40 mins to get to Uni :smile: What about you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOfUtG0phSw :wink:

I'm from Southend staying at Wembley
Reply 369
Heey im 18 studying psychology at regent campus and living at wembly student court :smile:

Dont know when we should all start moving in course starts? Anyone know? Xxx
Reply 370
Original post by neyney_x
Heey im 18 studying psychology at regent campus and living at wembly student court :smile:

Dont know when we should all start moving in course starts? Anyone know? Xxx

hi :smile: im 18 studying psychology too !
enrolment starts on the 16th and teaching starts on the 23rd.
however i think you move in on thee 14th september.
here take a look at this:
http://www.westminster.ac.uk/about-us/our-university/university-calendar

im not in halls sadly as i have a flat in north London, hopefully it doesnt effet my social life at all!
Reply 371
IGNORING THE NERVES AND TRYING TO MEET PEOPLE AND HELP OTHERS MEET PEOPLE !!

hi guys hope you all did well today !

Im kyah studying psychology this september :smile:

there are a lot of FRESHER PARTIES i have been invited to on facebook but I don't know anyone so was wondering if anyone wanted to go, maybe a group of people going westminster from any course :smile:
im not a drinker (doesn't mean i wouldn't drink but just don't drink often) so it can be drinkers and non drinkers, strong partiers or people that dont usually party but want to try it and meet others :smile:

i think its a good idea and would love to meet people, if you would want to come or even if you don't :smile:

im british, 18 and have a flat in london. this makes it harder to meet people so thats why im trying this despite the nerves :smile:

if you are a student you can freely Add my Facebook: Kyah Sisulu
or my blackberry messenger 2Af735fd
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Megan8895
Hi I'm Megan 18 from Manchester and will be studying BA television production at harrow campus where I will also be living in halls, feel free to pm me if you are studying the same course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there, I'm Nicole :smile: I'm from Darlington also studying Television Production at Harrow Campus and also living in the halls. :smile:
Also guys, where do I look for freshers information? I'm really nervous about the first week.
Reply 373
confused.

So many people already got halls accommodation. Got my results today, but
i havent even got an student iD number yet to even create an account to register.
Want to try and get into the wembley halls :smile:

Also no one seems to be doing Business Economics...
Reply 374
Original post by NicoleElectra
Hi there, I'm Nicole :smile: I'm from Darlington also studying Television Production at Harrow Campus and also living in the halls. :smile:
Also guys, where do I look for freshers information? I'm really nervous about the first week.

hi im kyah :smile: studying psychology but not staying in halls :wink:
i think everyone is nervous, I definitely am !
what kind of information do u want ????

that it the link for the calendar of when stuff happens like enrolment and semester start dates.
Reply 375
Original post by KitPatrickDafoe
I need advice ASAP I have like 10 hours to decide between 2 courses, 1 being a conditional from Westminster for a course in Contemporary Media Practice and the other was one I got Today from University of the Arts London for Film and Television. They originally declined me as did Westminster for their Film and TV course. What should I do? X

so you need to pick between 2 unis which u both have places in ?
sorry just want to understand what your asking properly.

if that is the case then look at the charts on:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?r=London
http://www.theguardian.com/education/table/2012/may/21/university-league-table-2013

see which one is rated higher but that doesnt mean its a better university for you.
what i did was go on the student union sites to see if i liked the feel of the university, if that makes any sense :smile:.
also read each course carefully and see if u prefer one.

my tip is that even if a university is better on charts. pick the one that u like more because its more about that in my opinion !

if this is completely not what you wanted, just let me know what u wanted help with if i misunderstood :smile:

and u can ask any questions
Reply 376
Original post by KitPatrickDafoe
I need advice ASAP I have like 10 hours to decide between 2 courses, 1 being a conditional from Westminster for a course in Contemporary Media Practice and the other was one I got Today from University of the Arts London for Film and Television. They originally declined me as did Westminster for their Film and TV course. What should I do? X

if they offered u a different course to what you wanted, read up on it, maybe see if past students have spoken about it. if your happy with it then take it, if your not then there are other options
Original post by Kyz
so you need to pick between 2 unis which u both have places in ?
sorry just want to understand what your asking properly.

if that is the case then look at the charts on:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?r=London
http://www.theguardian.com/education/table/2012/may/21/university-league-table-2013

see which one is rated higher but that doesnt mean its a better university for you.
what i did was go on the student union sites to see if i liked the feel of the university, if that makes any sense :smile:.
also read each course carefully and see if u prefer one.

my tip is that even if a university is better on charts. pick the one that u like more because its more about that in my opinion !

if this is completely not what you wanted, just let me know what u wanted help with if i misunderstood :smile:

and u can ask any questions

Thank you for the very quick response to my post :-D and that has helped me although they both rank differently on different sites on the Guardian page UAL was higher were as on the other one Westminster was the 2nd highest for Media :-S I am trying to figure out the pros and cons for each course and uni but it is proving difficult, as I am finding it hard to find anyone who is doing Contemporary Media Practice. when I went for the interview it seemed amazing, but as I joined the courses facebook group I am increasingly put off by the amount of music videos these students produce :-S x
Original post by Kyz
hi im kyah :smile: studying psychology but not staying in halls :wink:
i think everyone is nervous, I definitely am !
what kind of information do u want ????

that it the link for the calendar of when stuff happens like enrolment and semester start dates.

Hi :smile: thank you, I'll have to check the link out. Also, is their anywhere I can find out about fresher parties/nights out? Do you have to buy tickets?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 379
Original post by NicoleElectra
Hi :smile: thank you, I'll have to check the link out. Also, is their anywhere I can find out about fresher parties/nights out? Do you have to buy tickets?

Posted from TSR Mobile

facebook have sent me loads of invites, ive been trying to get a westminster group together so people that dont know people can meet others.

facebook is the best so far ,they are for freshers in general havent seen ones only of Westminster, if they have any they will release them once most of clearing is over i would imagine :smile: u can find out at the student union site

and yes tickets need to be bought for the ones that i have seen so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending