The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
ADVICE NEEDED AGAIN PLEASE :smile:

Hi, I've managed to get hold of my insurance offer (reading) and the reason I haven't been given an offer as of yet is because apparently they were still waiting on an A level grade which I achieve last year. I sent off a copy of my result about an hour ago. I missed the grade boundary by one, they wanted ABB and I have got ABCC. Do you guys think there's much of a chance? It's for pharmacy which is in clearing at present, I'm just starting to panic :frown:
Anyone tried edexcel resultsplusdirect? Any success?
Original post by senz72
Well done in getting in!

I completely flopped chemistry. :frown:

Damn:frown:

You gonna retake the year man?

Thanks though, you'll defo make it next year! I know it :biggrin:

Original post by Robbie242
wtf brah, something weird happened and I got 79 in S1 lmfao I got 100 in C2 though :cool:

At least you've made it brah! I've still got one year to go!

yeah man, it's all good. The funny thing is that I always drops more marks than anticipated, but at least I don't have to do A-levels anymore. They are extremely stressful.
Is anyone going to Salford?
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Yeah, I've got York open day soon :smile: And I don't want to stay in my city for another year more than I have to haha :smile: I want to go somewhere new
And cool, what do you want to do your Masters in?

I need to do a masters in order to get a job so its basically decided that I stay here :frown: and I've been really interested in forensic psychology/criminology but I may end up doing something else if I find something else more interesting. I also need to think about job prospects because there aren't many at all to do with the crime stuff :frown: my absolute dream would be to be a homocide detective (I know I sound sick aha) but ill never get there so ill have to have a plan B haha.
Original post by Tabzqt
Yeah, I got 3 As :biggrin:

Going to get a remark on a philosophy paper though because it seems suspicious,
96% in one module and then 72% in the other, really odd...

Well done dude, that's awesome!! I would've got 3 As, had it not been for the one mark I lost in Chemistry :tongue:

That does indeed seem very weird. Hope that gets pulled up to 90%+ so you get the A*! Which uni you off to? :biggrin:
HELP.

I HAVE got a place at my Uni for Law, now, they wanted AAA but I got AAB, they still let me in and my offer changed to Unconditional Offer. Now my question is, I want to do a remark for one of my subjects (English Lit) which I got the B in and I was 2 UMS away from an A. Do you think if the grade were to go down to a C for example, would they take back the offer and not accept me?

Thanks!
Original post by James A

yeah man, it's all good. The funny thing is that I always drops more marks than anticipated, but at least I don't have to do A-levels anymore. They are extremely stressful.

Same here!!! A-levels are quite random you never know quite what you'll get unless you think you've got 100, for example I only guessed my FP1 and C2 scores correctly. And the fact that sometimes you have to do a 3rd subject you just hate makes a-levels all the more stressful ahah. At least at uni its 1 subject all the way
Original post by lauraaaaa
I need to do a masters in order to get a job so its basically decided that I stay here :frown: and I've been really interested in forensic psychology/criminology but I may end up doing something else if I find something else more interesting. I also need to think about job prospects because there aren't many at all to do with the crime stuff :frown: my absolute dream would be to be a homocide detective (I know I sound sick aha) but ill never get there so ill have to have a plan B haha.

No no, that sounds really interesting actually :biggrin: And you will get there, don't worry :smile:
Original post by Lysipud
ADVICE NEEDED AGAIN PLEASE :smile:

Hi, I've managed to get hold of my insurance offer (reading) and the reason I haven't been given an offer as of yet is because apparently they were still waiting on an A level grade which I achieve last year. I sent off a copy of my result about an hour ago. I missed the grade boundary by one, they wanted ABB and I have got ABCC. Do you guys think there's much of a chance? It's for pharmacy which is in clearing at present, I'm just starting to panic :frown:

It's possible they'll still accept you since you just missed out but of course there is no guarantee and you just need to wait to see what they say.
Does anyone know how long a standard remark for a2 geography aqa might take?
Reply 1731
Original post by Lifeisgood:)
It is isn't it??? :biggrin:D I just remember reading all the stuff about Durham and the department and my college and can't believe I get to be a part of it now! :ahee: Wowww, that is pretty exceptional! There are quite a few exceptional places in Durham aren't there, like University College (in a castle :O)?! :biggrin: Yeah it's a hill college... :smile:)

Btw not to like stalk or anything bt I saw your grades earlier in this thread and... you genius!!! :biggrin: Well done!!!!

YES! I remember looking at the website in longing around this time last year...:moon: It's hard to believe we're actually going! :biggrin: Ooh yes, the castle and cathedral are amazing, it's so pretty! I thought it was... :P

Haha thankyou so much! :biggrin: I wasn't expecting to do quite that well! :P But you must have done very well yourself if you managed to get in! :smile:
Reply 1732
Original post by senz72
This but with my insurance rather than my firm.

:console: Well done on getting into your insurance, though.
Reply 1733
Original post by James A

I somehow got into York, so I think I should the offer and run.

But I do plan to retake maths next year whilst at university.
Original post by senz72
I somehow got into York, so I think I should the offer and run.

But I do plan to retake maths next year whilst at university.

Oh well done! You still got into uni man!

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah, if you want defo retake!
Wow everyone seems to be getting A*s and As, yikes...
I got BBC and still got into my firm despite missing out on my AAB offer. Well done everyone and for those who aren't happy, it's not the end of the world, everything happens for a reason. :smile:
Reply 1736
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Yep, AS - not quite the results I wanted but can't really complain that much anyway :smile: The possibility of getting A*AB next year is too damn high :biggrin: So I'm just looking forward to Year 13 now :smile:

Ah well that's alright then! :smile: enjoy year 13! :P
Reply 1737
Original post by abzy1234
Well done dude, that's awesome!! I would've got 3 As, had it not been for the one mark I lost in Chemistry :tongue:

That does indeed seem very weird. Hope that gets pulled up to 90%+ so you get the A*! Which uni you off to? :biggrin:

Damn :tongue: I know about five people who missed out by one or two marks! It sucks

Firmed Sheffield, but I am trying to contact Durham to see if I can get a place through adjustment :smile: I doubt it but it's worth a shot anyway. Nottingham was my insurance :wink:
Original post by EllyR
Ah well that's alright then! :smile: enjoy year 13! :P

Don't worry, I will :smile:
Reply 1739
Original post by 08batee
:console: Well done on getting into your insurance, though.

Thanks. :smile:

Hope everything gets sorted out with your problem.

Latest