The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woo got ABB. off to southampton to study biomed!! Any soton firmers??
Original post by Robbie242
Same here!!! A-levels are quite random you never know quite what you'll get unless you think you've got 100, for example I only guessed my FP1 and C2 scores correctly. And the fact that sometimes you have to do a 3rd subject you just hate makes a-levels all the more stressful ahah. At least at uni its 1 subject all the way

What's your M1 result robbie?
Reply 1742
Original post by LostButFound
Wow everyone seems to be getting A*s and As, yikes...
I got BBC and still got into my firm despite missing out on my AAB offer. Well done everyone and for those who aren't happy, it's not the end of the world, everything happens for a reason. :smile:

I hope so. :smile:
Original post by EmilyStrange13
You were two marks off an overall B but three marks off a B in the individual unit. I had a look on the AQA UMS Convertor, just type it into google and you'll find what raw mark you got for any one of your AS Levels. That could be an option as you werent far off a B, I'm considering resitting one of my A2 units... I'm doing a third year as I picked up two AS Levels. I got a B overall for AS Psychology and I was three marks off an A >.> And an A in the individual unit. And I got a D overall for Environmental Studies and I was three marks off a C in unit 1 and 4 marks off a C in unit 2. So overall I'm not very pleased about my results. How did you do in your other subjects?

Yeah but I want an A :frown: so dunno. But should be fine:smile: oh right, yeah but our exam board was wjec not AQA so is it different? Oh that's still good tbh! & okay, B in English lit and psychology which I'm so happy about!! & C in drama!
Reply 1744
Original post by fuzzmuzz
Woo got ABB. off to southampton to study biomed!! Any soton firmers??

Well done and yes! :smile:
Reply 1745
Original post by James A
Oh well done! You still got into uni man!

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah, if you want defo retake!

Nice!

Reading's a great uni!
Well done. :smile:
Original post by shaminn
HELP.

I HAVE got a place at my Uni for Law, now, they wanted AAA but I got AAB, they still let me in and my offer changed to Unconditional Offer. Now my question is, I want to do a remark for one of my subjects (English Lit) which I got the B in and I was 2 UMS away from an A. Do you think if the grade were to go down to a C for example, would they take back the offer and not accept me?

Thanks!

If you have been accepted by your firm, there is nothing more you need to do. Your A levels won't matter once you get your degree, so it is pointless spending money on a remark. Congratulations, go celebrate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RoseBrilliante
No no, that sounds really interesting actually :biggrin: And you will get there, don't worry :smile:

I have to join the police for it and I'm far too fat for that haha. I would love to do that though, I'm obsessed with detective shows!
Original post by MAyman12
What's your M1 result robbie?

92 :biggrin:
Original post by lauraaaaa
I have to join the police for it and I'm far too fat for that haha. I would love to do that though, I'm obsessed with detective shows!

Ok, that sounds really interesting haha :P And yeah, I think the only detective show I watched was Sherlock (absolutely love that).
Reply 1750
Anyone else get AS grades they're not too happy with - got BBCC when predicted AAAA. What unis can I go to for medicinal chem/chem for drug design with this?

Also, massive congratulations to all of you lucky A2-ers on getting into your chosen uni! :smile:
Original post by Tabzqt
Damn :tongue: I know about five people who missed out by one or two marks! It sucks

Firmed Sheffield, but I am trying to contact Durham to see if I can get a place through adjustment :smile: I doubt it but it's worth a shot anyway. Nottingham was my insurance :wink:

It does- doesn't help that I found out that my chemistry teacher lied to me about my coursework, so I dropped 10 marks there :/ Hey ho, these things happen!

Well best of luck if you can get into Durham, Sheffield is awesome anyway. And hey, if you ended up in Nottingham, we would've met :wink:;
Original post by Unashamed Geek
C1 - raw-74, ums-98
C2 - raw-63, ums-84
C3 - raw-74, ums-98
C4 - raw-74, ums-97

And depending on what modules your school uses

M1 - raw-74, ums-100
M2 - raw-74, ums-100
S1 - raw-72, ums-93
S2 - raw-75, ums-100

Hope that helps :smile:

Sorry to grab your attention again but would mind telling me when you sat those C3 & C4 papers (month/year). I have some information from others regarding raw marks and just want to see if they were the same papers or not you sat. Thanks.
Original post by Robbie242
92 :biggrin:

You beat me by three, I got 89 in M1 :tongue:
In need of help regarding Re-sits, got B,B,B,D In my AS results in History,R.S,Psychology and Applied science respectively. However I am confused as to whether I should resit my January exams in History and R.S. As for both I got 64/100 UMS Marks doing the exams handwritten, I have bad handwriting due to previous medical problems so in June used a word processor. as to which I got 95/100 and 93/100 in each exam respectively. I Was wondering whether it would be useful to Retake the exams that I took in January handwritten, next summer on a word processor.
Original post by Maid Marian
You beat me by three, I got 89 in M1 :tongue:

Ooh only because M1 boundaries were freakishly low this year :eek: For edexcel it was 56/75 for an A :sexface:

Nice one nonetheless. Overall how did you do, and if you don't mind me asking did you make your grades?
Reply 1756
A*AA. Did not expect the A*. Really glad :smile:
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Ok, that sounds really interesting haha :P And yeah, I think the only detective show I watched was Sherlock (absolutely love that).

I like the real life crime ones like 'nightmare next door' and 'killer kids' haha! I sound really weird saying all this but I'd love to do that job so, if anyone reading this has a parent that's a detective...hit me up haha
Reply 1758
I got ADE for AS what do I do I'm so depressed thought I did well but the E for economics wasn't expected at all. All our economics class are getting the papers marked again.

Does anyone think uni will accept for an ABB course?. Planning to resit 2 papers end of may along with my A2. Any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1759
My brother got BBBC at AS today. Is medicine possible if he gets predicted AAA or AAB and he has experience/voluntary work etc.

Latest