The Student Room Group

Results- what to do?

ok, so i got my results and got AABC. A's are in maths and geography. B in psychology and C in economics.
i wanted to do economics in uni but im doubting whether i should carry it on now to year 13; because the chances of me getting a decent grade is pretty low. i've heard that to do economics at uni, you don't actually need the a level so would it be okay to drop it? the bad thing is that i think psychology is fairly irrelevant to economics and so would greatly lower my chances :frown:. I think retaking economics is a bad idea because by june i would have forgot most of the content.
My other option is doing mathematics but im not sure if i could get into top unis without having taken further maths? my final option is doing a geography degree but ive heard there is a lack of career paths.. i want to work in an investment bank by the way,

thank you, any help is greatly appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by odbal
ok, so i got my results and got AABC. A's are in maths and geography. B in psychology and C in economics.
i wanted to do economics in uni but im doubting whether i should carry it on now to year 13; because the chances of me getting a decent grade is pretty low. i've heard that to do economics at uni, you don't actually need the a level so would it be okay to drop it? the bad thing is that i think psychology is fairly irrelevant to economics and so would greatly lower my chances :frown:. I think retaking economics is a bad idea because by june i would have forgot most of the content.
My other option is doing mathematics but im not sure if i could get into top unis without having taken further maths? my final option is doing a geography degree but ive heard there is a lack of career paths.. i want to work in an investment bank by the way,

thank you, any help is greatly appreciated

You certainly don't need economics to do an economics degree, however, if universities saw you did an AS in it an then didn't carry it on to A Level then they might find it a bit odd since you're applying to study that subject for the next 3 or 4 years. Retakes are an option, you just need to keep on top of the work so you don't forget a lot of the content. :smile:
It doesnt matter if psychology isn't relevant generally uni's like you to have two subjects related to the course and the third can be whatever really... I'm going to study Biology and have just finished a History A-level
Reply 3
ah okay thanks! i think psychology would be the better option cos im on a high B already. ill check requirements for unis just to make sure though :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest