The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Enrolment Packs?

Just curious, has anyone received their enrolment packs from JMU through the post yet? Was told like a week ago, they would be out in a few days, but still nothing.

Scroll to see replies

I've had a starter pack through with my induction timetable. In the letter it states the enrolment pack will be here in a few days.
Liverpool
You should definitely get it through soon, I got my today :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by SuitcaseFullOfSparks
I've had a starter pack through with my induction timetable. In the letter it states the enrolment pack will be here in a few days.

Yeah I got a letter with times for enrolment on, and some maps and checklists, sounds like the same one you got. Just have to wait for the enrolment packs now I guess, stressing out over little things haha.
What are you two studying?
Reply 5
I will be studying Zoology. How about you?
Oh that sounds interesting. Im studying criminology and sociology :smile: where is your accommodation? x
Reply 7
I only live a bus ride from campus, so I am just staying at home and traveling in each day. Do you know what campus your on by any chance?
Oh that's handy then and makes it a lot cheaper than staying in halls, I live like 300 miles+ from Liverpool. My lectures are in the John foster building and then my accommodation is Capital gate :/ I didn't know there was different campus'
Reply 9
Yeah there is several campus', some of which you will probably never visit id imagine. They use them for different subjects as far as im aware. I believe a lot of my time is going to be split between Byrom street and the John Foster building. As for the accommodation, yeah 300 miles is a little too far to be commuting haha
I got this pocket guide location map, but I cant make any sense of it, my accommodation isn't even labelled on it :s slightly worrying. Hopefully I will work it out before I start, oh I might see you around then if you are in the John foster building :smile: It takes so long to get there on the train :/ Did you get accepted today? what Alevels where you studying (if you don't mind me asking)?
I'm staying at home too, I only live 15 minutes away on a bus. I'm studying Business and Public Relations
Reply 12
Yeah I looked briefly at the map and its a tad confusing, lucky enough I am familiar with where the campus' are located anyway. I was doing an Access course, Chemistry and Biology, so I had my confirmation 2 or 3 weeks ago as we got our results earlier than A level students. I imagine you have been stressing for weeks haven't you? What subjects did you do? I guess you got what you needed anyway.
I have no sense of direction, will be late for all my lectures :/ Oh right, I don't really get how access courses work, did you do that after GCSES? Lucky you, yeah last night was a pretty sleepless night, I did English Language, food, health and social, ICT and an elective which I did a criminology diploma, I got an A, 2Cs and 2Ds. Yeah luckily because I carried on all four A levels I thought they would drop one down to an As grade but they didn't and I received 280 ucas points. Do you get Ucas points from an access course, or is it if you pass you get in?
Reply 14
haha im sure you will be fine, give it a few weeks and you'll be practically scouse :tongue:. The access isn't grades like yours and doesn't have a ucas points equivalent, its Pass, Merit or Distinctions, we got a grade for each module, so the universities just said you need to get so many distinctions instead of asking for ucas points, lucky enough I got distinctions in every module, so was made up. Its basically a course for "mature" students, you have to be 23 to even get on them I think. Its just kind of like an alternative to A levels I guess, shorter too, its basically cramming in 2 years of A Levels into 1 year. Hard work but it was a good laugh along the way. So was LJMU your first choice?
:O I shall not be scouse, I shall always be a northern lass. Oh your older than me. That awkward me asking if you did it after GCSEs aha. What made you decide to go to uni now? I thought finding the time for Alevels in two years was hard enough, my sixth form was not a laugh though. Yeah it was, although my mum didn't want it to be my first choice, but I loved it, I looked round loads and it was my favourite by far, did you just choose it because it was near home?
Reply 16
haha yeah im 27, I have wanted to go for years, just one thing or another has come up, but figured its kinda do it, or forget it so yeah. Yeah JMU looks awesome, I kinda caused a few arguments with friends cause I had offers from University of Liverpool and as soon as I looked around campus at JMU, I rejected the University of Liverpool, which puzzled some people to say the least lol. I reckon no matter where you go, despite how "prestigious" the university supposedly is, if you want to do well, you will, and it is probably better to be somewhere you like being, rather than somewhere you don't. Being near home for me did not factor in at all, I would have quite happily moved away. How come your mum didn't want you to go JMU?
:O I shall not be scouse, I shall always be a northern lass. Oh your older than me. That awkward me asking if you did it after GCSEs aha. What made you decide to go to uni now? I thought finding the time for Alevels in two years was hard enough, my sixth form was not a laugh though. Yeah it was, although my mum didn't want it to be my first choice, but I loved it, I looked round loads and it was my favourite by far, did you just choose it because it was near home?
Sorry I didn't meant to sent that again, my laptop ****ed up, oh right, I looked round Liverpool and didn't like it either, I found the more well known all better reputation or whatever the less I like it I got an offer from Northumbria and everyone says its great and I hated it :/ When we looked round Liverpool uni, we stayed in the best western? and there was like barbed wire all around it, which she isn't used too because we live in the country side so she got a bad impression. Although I obvs love my family, I cant wait to move away, I shall hopefully grow up and become a lot more independent, how come you didn't go further? money?
Reply 19
Ah right, yeah I can see what might of put her off. Nah the furthest uni I applied was Bangor, but as soon as I looked around JMU, the decision was made to go there just purely on me liking the feel of the place. All the staff are really helpful there too, every time I've wanted to know something, I have emailed admissions and they have responded within an hour or so. So how far north are you? if you don't mind me asking.

Quick Reply