Physics: A
English Language and Literature: A
Chemistry: A* (god knows how!)

but was accepted anyway.
On to Manchester for Physics with Astrophysics! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaminn
HELP.

I HAVE got a place at my Uni for Law, now, they wanted AAA but I got AAB, they still let me in and my offer changed to Unconditional Offer. Now my question is, I want to do a remark for one of my subjects (English Lit) which I got the B in and I was 2 UMS away from an A. Do you think if the grade were to go down to a C for example, would they take back the offer and not accept me?

Thanks!

You were close to the A, so why not? I don't think you could go down to a C because their marking would be inconsistent, and you could get them into trouble if you drop a grade, not a few marks. If you're talking about having one module remarked. As there are 40 marks in between each boundary.
Original post by Robbie242
Ooh only because M1 boundaries were freakishly low this year :eek: For edexcel it was 56/75 for an A :sexface:

Nice one nonetheless. Overall how did you do, and if you don't mind me asking did you make your grades?

Oh I do OCR :colondollar: OCR's boundaries were quite high.

I did ok, I got A*AA :biggrin: Just missed the A* in maths :redface: I got into the uni I wanted though! :h:
Original post by Maid Marian
Oh I do OCR :colondollar: OCR's boundaries were quite high.

I did ok, I got A*AA :biggrin: Just missed the A* in maths :redface: I got into the uni I wanted though! :h:

Ah fair enough!

She says ''I did ok, I got A*AA'' - Only on TSR. Well done! Maths at uni should be fun :colone:
Original post by Cryl
A*AA. Did not expect the A*. Really glad :smile:

Same, what subjects?
Original post by StuartMannick
In need of help regarding Re-sits, got B,B,B,D In my AS results in History,R.S,Psychology and Applied science respectively. However I am confused as to whether I should resit my January exams in History and R.S. As for both I got 64/100 UMS Marks doing the exams handwritten, I have bad handwriting due to previous medical problems so in June used a word processor. as to which I got 95/100 and 93/100 in each exam respectively. I Was wondering whether it would be useful to Retake the exams that I took in January handwritten, next summer on a word processor.

I don't think handwriting really makes a difference, unless it's illegible and hurts your hand to the point you cant write. Maybe you just did better in the resits with the second time to revise? If you want to then as that's big improvement!
got my AS results :frown: CCE in English lit, history and biology, and a D in extended project. I know I wasn't well but I'm still gutted. English has always been my strong point, but my teacher is getting the whole class remarked because basically no one got their target. as for history well I expected worse, and I revised so hard for biology like you wouldn't believe so I don't know what happened there. I basically have to do AS and A2 at the same time next year :s

EDIT: the unis I had my heart set on are now out of reach :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody who get into the University of Kent?
Reply 1768
Original post by Ender'sgame
Same, what subjects?

English, Psychology and Law :tongue: you?
Original post by Ripper-Roo
I don't think handwriting really makes a difference, unless it's illegible and hurts your hand to the point you cant write. Maybe you just did better in the resits with the second time to revise? If you want to then as that's big improvement!

They weren't re-sits they were just the second batch of exams for the course... trust if you seen my handwriting especially under timed conditions I cant even read it afterwards, so would be almost impossible for an examiner to.
Original post by Cryl
English, Psychology and Law :tongue: you?

Geography, Maths and Physics. Well done. :smile:
Chemistry B
Further maths C
History B
Maths B

Congratulations, everyone! :biggrin:
Original post by Robbie242
Ah fair enough!

She says ''I did ok, I got A*AA'' - Only on TSR. Well done! Maths at uni should be fun :colone:

Hehe thanks. :bigsmile: Yes, I'm sure it will be lots of fun, maths is renowned for being... very fun... I'm going to have the time of my life... :tongue:
Still, at least I won't have to write essays :bigsmile: :crossedf:
Reply 1773
help me please!
I have gone into adjustment and got some offers, do i need to be released by both my confirmed choice and my insurance?
Hey,
I have a question; I am a GCSE student but was allowed to take a single module of AS MATHS (C1). I got an A, and on the results paper it says 100 Marks... The person in the exam office said it indicated the raw marks, but in edexcel C1 the raw marks are out of 75? Is the 100 the UMS? Between, the school operates on SIMS.

Original post by rosie66
help me please!
I have gone into adjustment and got some offers, do i need to be released by both my confirmed choice and my insurance?

All you have to do is tell the university that you'd like to accept their offer, and they'll put it into Track for you. :smile:
You don't need to be released by your firm just yet!
Original post by ssargithan
Hey,
I have a question; I am a GCSE student but was allowed to take a single module of AS MATHS (C1). I got an A, and on the results paper it says 100 Marks... The person in the exam office said it indicated the raw marks, but in edexcel C1 the raw marks are out of 75? Is the 100 the UMS? Between, the school operates on SIMS.

100 is UMS, the exams officer is wrong
i got ABB didnt manage to get into Queen Mary but got into City University and im over the mooon xD
Reply 1778
I got AABB in AS and am applying for a course (radiography with BBB) should i follow what i think i will enjoy most or try look for a course that has a higher req thank you
Original post by Maid Marian
Hehe thanks. :bigsmile: Yes, I'm sure it will be lots of fun, maths is renowned for being... very fun... I'm going to have the time of my life... :tongue:
Still, at least I won't have to write essays :bigsmile: :crossedf:

You betcha it is :wink:. and you certainly will. It depends on the uni for example I've being told Warwick have a 2nd year essay, gg robbie well done applying to warwick for 2014... :redface:

Latest