Hope i will have the composure to do so
Original post by EmperorA
Hope i will have the composure to do so

I hope I do too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really not looking forward to results, as I know I have failed :frown:
Thanks guys! Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone do? Completely messed up Greek Tragedy CIV3C, but did well in Roman Epic CIV4C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannah_lou
How did everyone do? Completely messed up Greek Tragedy CIV3C, but did well in Roman Epic CIV4C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I suppose. I got a C in the Greek part of the exam (achieved an A last year, so... rather big drop, my Greek teacher looked incredibly disappointed) and a B in the Roman part of the exam. I guessed *everything* in the Roman section, so I'm so pleased/surprised that I achieved a B!

I achieve B in the A level over all; this year went so badly I was expecting a D, so I'm over the moon!
Original post by MichaelB6
Same I suppose. I got a C in the Greek part of the exam (achieved an A last year, so... rather big drop, my Greek teacher looked incredibly disappointed) and a B in the Roman part of the exam. I guessed *everything* in the Roman section, so I'm so pleased/surprised that I achieved a B!

I achieve B in the A level over all; this year went so badly I was expecting a D, so I'm over the moon!

Well done :smile: I got a high A in the Roman Epic, got an A last year but got a C in Greek Tragedy which brought my overall grade down to a B, but I suppose a B is better than a lower grade, but my teacher was disappointed
Well done :smile: I got a high A in the Roman Epic, got an A last year but got a C in Greek Tragedy which brought my overall grade down to a B, but I suppose a B is better than a lower grade, but my teacher was disappointed

A lot of my class have similar results; the Greek grade boundaries this year must have been really high.

Still a high A grade in the Roman section is awesome! Well done :biggrin:
I was the other way around, I had an A for Greek Tragedy and a C for Roman Epic.

My Roman Epic paper is being sent off for a remark
Original post by iamthestig
I was the other way around, I had an A for Greek Tragedy and a C for Roman Epic.

My Roman Epic paper is being sent off for a remark

Ahh it's awful isn't it! So did you get a B overall? I'm tempted to get a remark for Greek Tragedy as my whole class seems to have got C's and D's which can't be right, especially as my work has been an A/A* standard all year and in the end I was only 2 UMS off an A :/
Ahh it's awful isn't it! So did you get a B overall? I'm tempted to get a remark for Greek Tragedy as my whole class seems to have got C's and D's which can't be right, especially as my work has been an A/A* standard all year and in the end I was only 2 UMS off an A :/

It was the same for us, but the other way around. It's bizarre

We even re-sat the Odyssey paper and ended up with Ds :confused:
Reply 371
I got an A* in the Greek Tragedy module but an E in the Odyssey one..and I thought that exam went really, really well. Any advice?
Original post by Reaffy
I got an A* in the Greek Tragedy module but an E in the Odyssey one..and I thought that exam went really, really well. Any advice?

Was this OCR? I'm in a similar situation. I got an A in Tragedy which I didn't feel went all that well, and a C in the Odyssey which I thought I smashed. I think I'll get my paper back!
Original post by iamthestig
It was the same for us, but the other way around. It's bizarre

We even re-sat the Odyssey paper and ended up with Ds :confused:

Ikr, it's crazy! Ahh first time I sat the Odyssey I got an E, second time I got an A, yet I feel I didn't perform any differently, they are so inconsistent with marking it is unbelievable!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has everyone seen this? - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-141039/Exam-grading-scandal-hit-100-000-pupils.html

Could be why some of us have had unexpected results!
Original post by Alejandro
Has everyone seen this? - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-141039/Exam-grading-scandal-hit-100-000-pupils.html

Could be why some of us have had unexpected results!

That's an old article :P but I wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing was going on now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's an old article :P but I wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing was going on now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my bad :redface:
I kept seeing people on twitter talking about it, they must have been getting confused also!
Original post by Alejandro
Oh my bad :redface:
I kept seeing people on twitter talking about it, they must have been getting confused also!

Haha they must be! I still think AQA are corrupt though, I'm getting a Classics paper remarked as I believe I should have got a far better grade, but what's the bet it'll stay the same or go down!

Posted from TSR Mobile
A* in my greek theatre and A* in Tiberius and Claudius. Very very happy! Well done on your results guys. Did you get into your uni's?
Original post by Her.Dark.Majesty
A* in my greek theatre and A* in Tiberius and Claudius. Very very happy! Well done on your results guys. Did you get into your uni's?

Wow that is amazing! Congratulations on your A*! So jealous! I got into uni, despite missing the A in Classics that was part of my offer. How about you? Which uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending