The Student Room Group

How likely is this?...

I got CCCC for my AS results, but for the uni I want to go to I need a minimum predicted grade of AAB. I know it is a long shot, but two of my C's were within 4 UMS of a B and I am willing to work my ass of next year. How likely do you think it is that my teachers will predict this?
not very
Reply 2
I think you'd need to have a chat to your teachers. You have a couple of months before your teachers start writing references and predicted grades for your university application in Year 13, so I'd say it's possible. If you did any AS pieces of coursework you could have a look at improving or rewriting them, if possible, to show your teachers that you're capable of getting those kinds of grades overall.

You really will have to work hard next year though!
Reply 3
Original post by AreebWithaHat
not very

Hmmm, true :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by ailashes
I think you'd need to have a chat to your teachers. You have a couple of months before your teachers start writing references and predicted grades for your university application in Year 13, so I'd say it's possible. If you did any AS pieces of coursework you could have a look at improving or rewriting them, if possible, to show your teachers that you're capable of getting those kinds of grades overall.

You really will have to work hard next year though!

Okay, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it :smile:
Original post by pessimist
Hmmm, true :frown:

give it a try anyway but i'm just being realistic
Reply 6
Original post by AreebWithaHat
give it a try anyway but i'm just being realistic

Yeah, you're right. I don't think I'll bother.
Don't give up if your truly passionate about something and committed to it you can turn it around, ive just turned two c's to two A's in Biology and Chemistry exams.
Reply 8
Original post by willzchannell
Don't give up if your truly passionate about something and committed to it you can turn it around, ive just turned two c's to two A's in Biology and Chemistry exams.

I know I have the ability to do it, but it's just getting the predicted grades which is the problem.

Quick Reply

Latest