The Student Room Group

Advice needed about A2 subjects urgent please!

So these are my grades.
Business B
English B
Geography B
Economics C

**I should first add that my school does both modules in the summer term**

I will definitely continue with Business and English. My problem is deciding between Geography and Economics.
My module breakdown is Economics C/D (68/58 mark equiv) and Geography A/D (92/58 mark equiv), so i have done better in Geography.

My issue is, is that i thought i had done really well in Economics, as it's my favourite subject and i found both exams went really well. And i really don't enjoy geography, although i am good at one side of it.

For university i need ABB, and want to study Management. Would they be more interested in me if i had economics as it is the more relevant subject, or geography because i would probably have the better grade at A2? I'm not sure if i should go with Geography to get better grades, or Economics because it is more relevant to the degree i want.

From my grade info and mark equiv, does anyone have any advice for me? I only have until tomorrow to decide on my A2 options, so i'm panicking a bit. Thanks!
Original post by MeganRok
So these are my grades.
Business B
English B
Geography B
Economics C

**I should first add that my school does both modules in the summer term**

I will definitely continue with Business and English. My problem is deciding between Geography and Economics.
My module breakdown is Economics C/D (68/58 mark equiv) and Geography A/D (92/58 mark equiv), so i have done better in Geography.

My issue is, is that i thought i had done really well in Economics, as it's my favourite subject and i found both exams went really well. And i really don't enjoy geography, although i am good at one side of it.

For university i need ABB, and want to study Management. Would they be more interested in me if i had economics as it is the more relevant subject, or geography because i would probably have the better grade at A2? I'm not sure if i should go with Geography to get better grades, or Economics because it is more relevant to the degree i want.

From my grade info and mark equiv, does anyone have any advice for me? I only have until tomorrow to decide on my A2 options, so i'm panicking a bit. Thanks!

I'd almost always recommend going with the subjects that you most enjoy. A grade C in Economics isn't at all bad, but even then it's possible that you could improve it either by considering a remark/retake of AS units, or just from a strong performance at A2. Economics being the more relevant subject to your degree just makes the case stronger. :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by Illusionary
I'd almost always recommend going with the subjects that you most enjoy. A grade C in Economics isn't at all bad, but even then it's possible that you could improve it either by considering a remark/retake of AS units, or just from a strong performance at A2. Economics being the more relevant subject to your degree just makes the case stronger. :yep:

Thanks, i've worked out i'm only 1 raw mark of a B in economics, so i'm going to ask my 6th form to hold me back until i'm sure which i want to do based on the re mark.

Quick Reply

Latest