The Student Room Group

Are my chances over? bad results

My AS results were CDE and I feel terrible, I have let myself down and my family are even more so. Are my prospects for getting into uni over? I am determent to actually put a lot of extra effort into getting my grades up with A2 and resits. Is is even possible for me to maybe achieve BCC or BBC by the end of next years A2? I will put the work in
Reply 1
There's no reason why you can't pull them up. I was worried about that so I had a back up by doing an Extended Project, just in case I missed my grades this time and I've got a place where I wanted doing the degree I wanted.
I'd start looking at courses now and see what the unis accept an entry requirements. Most importantly, be realistic!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you :smile: I'm hoping to study Sound technology in Glamorgan, we'll see
Reply 3
Don't worry. In my first year I got a E and managed to get a C overall after my second year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you should be able to, but it will take hard work.
Reply 5
Original post by Serenade
Don't worry. In my first year I got a E and managed to get a C overall after my second year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I recieved my AS grade today and I didnt do as well as I hoped. I'm not planning on re-taking year 12, however want to work my socks of during year 13 is it still possible for me to get a decent grade?

I also have another question:
- Have january exmas been scrapped for year 12's?
Original post by HHaque007
Hey, I recieved my AS grade today and I didnt do as well as I hoped. I'm not planning on re-taking year 12, however want to work my socks of during year 13 is it still possible for me to get a decent grade?

Yep, they've also been scrapped for us going into Year 13 too
Reply 7
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Yep, they've also been scrapped for us going into Year 13 too

Oh ok.

Hey is it possible for me to increase my grade by 2 or 3 grades at the end of year 13?
Oh ok.

Hey is it possible for me to increase my grade by 2 or 3 grades at the end of year 13?

It is entirely possible if you are willing to work your arse off! I have heard stories of people going from UUU or BCD to AAA or AAB so it is possible :smile:
Reply 9
The thing is there is only June exams now, so you should really consider which exams you need to retake. If you may have to retake a lot, I suggest you should try revise the topics very soon. But I'm sure you will still find a uni to go to. Don't worry.
Reply 10
Original post by RoseBrilliante
It is entirely possible if you are willing to work your arse off! I have heard stories of people going from UUU or BCD to AAA or AAB so it is possible :smile:

Thats the plan. Lets just hope it works out.
Thank you for all your help :biggrin:
Reply 11
Yep you'll have to work very hard -- I got BCEE in my AS and at the end of my A2 got ABBa :smile: It was hands down the most stressful and worst year of my life, but the work paid off as I'm off to Warwick this year to study Chemistry :biggrin:
Thats the plan. Lets just hope it works out.
Thank you for all your help :biggrin:

Welcome :smile: Good luck for A2 :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by SheepSmuggla
My AS results were CDE and I feel terrible, I have let myself down and my family are even more so. Are my prospects for getting into uni over? I am determent to actually put a lot of extra effort into getting my grades up with A2 and resits. Is is even possible for me to maybe achieve BCC or BBC by the end of next years A2? I will put the work in

Anything is possible. You'll certainly have a great deal of hard work to come, but without doubt it's very possible to resit some papers and push your overall marks up substantially. Don't lose hope - things are never as dire as they might at first seem...
Reply 14

Of course it's still possible. You just need to work your socks off. I'd suggest talking to a student advisor or your teachers and get their feedback on your situation and if it's worth continuing.

As long as you put the time and effort into your second year I'm sure you'll do well. You may regret it one day if you walk away from A levels and just try finding a job or doing an apprentership.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Serenade
Of course it's still possible. You just need to work your socks off. I'd suggest talking to a student advisor or your teachers and get their feedback on your situation and if it's worth continuing.

As long as you put the time and effort into your second year I'm sure you'll do well. You may regret it one day if you walk away from A levels and just try finding a job or doing an apprentership.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I will do.
No education all the way for me; no apprenterships.

Quick Reply

Latest