The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Ahh still in waiting for my firm to reply D: so nervy...been awake since 3am....12 hours and counting >_<
I have literally phoned Durham like 200 times, not got through once.
Reply 62
Original post by thetransitionary
My firm (Durham) still hasn't updated but I've got an unconditional from my insurance (St. Andrews). The Durham offer was AAA and the St. Andrews offer AAB; I got A*BB. I've tried ringing Durham but it's impossible to get through. What should I do?
Depends how much you would rather go to Durham. I'd keep trying to get through, and decide if you can beforehand whether you want them to reject you outright, or can bear to wait for their final decision, knowing that your place at St Andrews is guaranteed.

Original post by study beats
what do u mean consistent with those grades, why cant i apply for ones higher? like i said i had a medical condition which affected my grades/education
That would only be sensible if you have supporting evidence. It's up to you; you can ring up about anything you like, it's just that if you are chasing rainbows you are wasting time and may miss out on more realistic options.

Original post by MrBean1994
I rang up Cardiff university a couple of hours ago about applying for another course, I have them my details but they haven't responded yet. Is that a bad sign?
No, they'll be pretty busy. Try them again about 4 this afternoon if you haven't heard back by then.

Original post by beccac3
My offer is still pending from Dundee for law as I received BCC instead of ABB. They said earlier that they were waiting for the law department to say how much they were willing to drop the grades by. I also have extenuating circumstances which I have emailed them about before the exams.

Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it will take / whether they are likely to accept?
Unfortunately not. It can take a few days but that's unusual. Most unis will have made up their minds by the end of tomorrow.
Reply 63
Extraordinary turn of events: Edinburgh confirmed at 2pm!
Original post by Minerva
Depends how much you would rather go to Durham. I'd keep trying to get through, and decide if you can beforehand whether you want them to reject you outright, or can bear to wait for their final decision, knowing that your place at St Andrews is guaranteed.

That would only be sensible if you have supporting evidence. It's up to you; you can ring up about anything you like, it's just that if you are chasing rainbows you are wasting time and may miss out on more realistic options.

No, they'll be pretty busy. Try them again about 4 this afternoon if you haven't heard back by then.

Unfortunately not. It can take a few days but that's unusual. Most unis will have made up their minds by the end of tomorrow.

yes i have official evidence from two different sources
Reply 65
Original post by study beats
yes i have official evidence from two different sources
Well, over to you.
Reply 66
My Mum wasn't happy, rang them up and I was told they are processing applications every 20 minutes. I don't understand why ours is taking longer than everyone elses though?
Reply 67
I've just phoned my uni & been told that they're missing the documents that I've sent them, meaning that I won't get an offer until I've sent them for the second time :argh:
Reply 68
Hmm now I'm really confused. So I'm ringing around track to just see what my options are and Kingston university offered me a place to do pharmaceutical science (originally applied for pharmacy). Now I haven't yet been declined from Reading and Kingston said I was in clearing - obviously I started panicking so rang up Reading and straight away they said that they are awaiting my ICT result and as soon as it comes through they will make their offer?
Reply 69
Phoned up my first and only choice again, still no updates. They said I should hear by the end of the day either my track or an actually phone call from the admissions tutors.

I got fed up waiting so I phoned a uni I am also interested in through clearing and have arranged an interview (still require an interview for my course). I couldn't sit around anymore waiting for an update, when clearing spaces are going fast for my course.
Finally got through to Durham who said it could be up to the 21st August before they decide... -___-
Still waiting for Reading to get back to me. The woman over the phone told me she can't confirm when i'll get an update on UCAS. But, i've been looking in clearing just i case Reading reject me and Essex have a place for me on their Psychology course. Hope i hear the same news from Kent.
Reply 72
Do both my firm and insurance have to submit their decisions before it will be shown on track? Got the grades for both, still no update. Hate waiting for something to happen.
Reply 73
Original post by Little Isis
Still waiting for Reading to get back to me. The woman over the phone told me she can't confirm when i'll get an update on UCAS. But, i've been looking in clearing just i case Reading reject me and Essex have a place for me on their Psychology course. Hope i hear the same news from Kent.

I'm waiting for Reading to get back to me aswell, and Essex have a place for me aswell haha For biochemistry . How long do uni's normally hold places in clearing?
Reply 74
Still waiting for my firm to make their decision, should I call them up?
Reply 75
Original post by Shaxx
Still waiting for my firm to make their decision, should I call them up?

My insurance haven't made their decision, I rang them and they said ring back if track hasn't been updated by 4:30.
Original post by Melissa.S.
I'm waiting for Reading to get back to me aswell, and Essex have a place for me aswell haha For biochemistry . How long do uni's normally hold places in clearing?

I have no idea, i was thinking that when Essex emailed me. Is Reading your firm/insurance or did you find them in clearing?
Reply 77
Me, my English results weren't updated on my application so my universities didn't know what I'd got.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im in the same position! I have just missed out on my original offer (but I still have EPQ!!) And have basically been waiting all day for my track to update and get a decision from Kent Uni.
Good luck to everyone waiting for their track to update!! :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by al0
Me, my English results weren't updated on my application so my universities didn't know what I'd got.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in a similar position, my chemistry results haven't been released so my unis don't know what I got =/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending