The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

University Of South Wales students 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Heyy! I got room in Ensuite block too :smile:)
Guys, one more question about computers :biggrin:DD what model of mac you have ? :biggrin:
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by gretiko
Heyy! I got room in Ensuite block too :smile:)
Guys, one more question about computers :biggrin:DD what model of mac you have ? :biggrin:

Ahh yay which block? See you all there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who have their room numbers already, how long after paying the deposit did it take to come through??
Reply 263
People already have numbers? Aww whut? I just paid my deposit so hopefully won't be too long :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 264
Original post by laurenynwa
Ahh yay which block? See you all there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don`t know which ;/
Just been down to pay my deposit :biggrin: can't wait to go now
Original post by gretiko
I don`t know which ;/

Ooh let me know when you find out :smile: ask when you pay the deposit, that's what I did :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 267
Just been to collect my results, they were better than expected so im happy. I got my confirmation for my room today, accepted my room offer now I have to pay the £200! It says I have an en-suit so I guess we'll all be around each other :biggrin:
Reply 268
When everyone gets their rooms there'll probably be a bit of confusion so this is how the numbers work.

My room is 0162, so that can be an example.

The first two numbers, 01, say what block i'm in. But they don't go by numbers when giving the blocks names, they instead go by letters of the alphabet. So because i'm in block 01, it means i'm in A block. If i was in block 02, i'd be in B block and If i was in block 12 I would be in L block. There's like 17 blocks in total, and only the first four, A-D, are standard halls. The rest are en-suite.

The other two numbers in my room, 62, indicate what room i'm in. I'm not sure how en-suite works but basically in standard, if the third number in your room is a 1 or a 2, you're on the bottom floor, if it's a 3 or a 4 that's middle floor and a 5 or a 6 means top floor. So i'm on top floor, and the fourth number isn't very important, it just indicates where my room is on the floor.

So if your room number is 0239, then you'd be in B block, on the middle floor.
Hey, my names Rosa!

I'll be studying Photography for Fashion & Advertising. Would love to speak to anyone else doing the same course?

Have just secured an en-suite room. (Block... L I think?)

Really looking forward to joining everyone! Xx :biggrin:
Congratulations everyone who got in today Wooo :biggrin:

Does anyone know whether i can accept my accommodation and pay the deposit tomorrow? I don't want to accept it and then instantly have to ring them and pay because i can't get to the bank with my £200 until tomorrow. I know some people on here live locally to the Uni so could just drop it in but i have to ring up and pay it. So i am just wondering whether i should wait and accept it tomorrow :/
Guys its okay I have 14 days to pay it, I asked the facebook page. So yeah i accepted my single en-suite room :biggrin: I am made up.

Original post by RosaGPhotography
Hey, my names Rosa!

I'll be studying Photography for Fashion & Advertising. Would love to speak to anyone else doing the same course?

Hey Rosa, I am Adam and i will be studying Photographic Art but Freya and Emma are on your course. I think we all have our induction together though on the 16th September so i will probably see you there xD

Damn I am going to be spending some money getting equipment for this course. Just looked at what i have we're expected to have on mine at the start haha
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 272
Hey, my names Rosa!

Heya Rosa! :biggrin: Im on the PFA course too ^_^ Got any photography pages or blogs or anything? I'll follow ya :biggrin:
Reply 273
I'm in Skenfrith and the number is 1954

Just found out how the en suite numbers break down.

I'm in Skenfrith, Flat 5, Room 4

Anyone close? ^_^
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Freglin
Heya Rosa! :biggrin: Im on the PFA course too ^_^ Got any photography pages or blogs or anything? I'll follow ya :biggrin:

Ah cool! Hey there, lovely to meet you :smile:

Yep, I have a blog: http://www.rosafayphotography.com/

Would love to see your work if you have any links? :biggrin:
Original post by RustedPickle
Guys its okay I have 14 days to pay it, I asked the facebook page. So yeah i accepted my single en-suite room :biggrin: I am made up.

Hey Rosa, I am Adam and i will be studying Photographic Art but Freya and Emma are on your course. I think we all have our induction together though on the 16th September so i will probably see you there xD

Damn I am going to be spending some money getting equipment for this course. Just looked at what i have we're expected to have on mine at the start haha

Hey Adam! Ah right, well I shall see you on induction then! :biggrin:

Argh, oh dear! I haven't seen the list of what we need yet but I am anticipating more disappearing money >.>
Original post by Freglin
I'm in Skenfrith and the number is 1954

Just found out how the en suite numbers break down.

I'm in Skenfrith, Flat 5, Room 4

Anyone close? ^_^

I haven't got mine yet :frown: did you get an email?
Hey, my names Rosa!

Hi! I'm the Emma that was mentioned in a previous comment :P doing the PFA too :smile:
Hey Adam! Ah right, well I shall see you on induction then! :biggrin:

Argh, oh dear! I haven't seen the list of what we need yet but I am anticipating more disappearing money >.>

I've just looked at the PFA course and its not nearly as bad as the Photographic Art :O I have to get boxes of darkroom paper which wouldn't be a problem except they want it A4 and not 8x10 and its so expensive. My own developing tank that has to take 4 35mm reels or 2 120 reels. 35mm Film. Flashgun etc I think the problem is not the actual things but the specific ones they want which add to the cost hahaha I am so poor i haven't a clue where i am getting this from haha

Oh wow your work is fantastic :biggrin: I've bookmarked your site.

Original post by Heyitspaxo
I haven't got mine yet :frown: did you get an email?

I probably won't know mine until i pay the £200 tomorrow.
Have you done the online enrollment?
Original post by RustedPickle
I've just looked at the PFA course and its not nearly as bad as the Photographic Art :O I have to get boxes of darkroom paper which wouldn't be a problem except they want it A4 and not 8x10 and its so expensive. My own developing tank that has to take 4 35mm reels or 2 120 reels. 35mm Film. Flashgun etc I think the problem is not the actual things but the specific ones they want which add to the cost hahaha I am so poor i haven't a clue where i am getting this from haha

Oh wow your work is fantastic :biggrin: I've bookmarked your site.

I probably won't know mine until i pay the £200 tomorrow.
Have you done the online enrollment?

Yeah and paid the 200 bleh I hate waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending