The Student Room Group

Did very badly in AS - Need advice desperately

hi, i just got my AS results back this morning and i've really messed up.
After being predicted A'S and B's i came out with EEEU which is something that has never ever happened to me. I take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Economics.

I am completely stumped as what to do now. :s-smilie:
Reply 1
What do you want to apply for at university?
Reply 2
originally i wanted to do medicine but half way through the year i lost interest in it and then sort of took up an interest in the Economics maths sort of direction
Reply 3
do you think you could have put more effort into revision/lessons?:smile: Can you retake?
Reply 4
Original post by sr234
do you think you could have put more effort into revision/lessons?:smile: Can you retake?

yeah i guess i could have but i did work very hard so its just annoying. Yeah i could retake but i would really prefer not to do that
Reply 5
Okay so im doing the same subjects as you, except for economics, I take psychology instead. I got pretty bad results too, i got BCCD, What I suggest you do is drop the subject you got a U in unless its economics or maths, if it is then you can either retake this year? or you can retake the exams you did badly in along with your A2 exams, that's the only thing you can do tbh. But if you want to apply to uni this year your going to have to check their entry requirements, if they're higher than what your teachers predict you, then you'll probably have to go for deferred entry or just apply next year :frown:
Original post by jali11
hi, i just got my AS results back this morning and i've really messed up.
After being predicted A'S and B's i came out with EEEU which is something that has never ever happened to me. I take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Economics.

I am completely stumped as what to do now. :s-smilie:

If I were you, I'd take the year again. Speak to your tutor/teachers at college and ask them if it would be possible. If not, maybe start looking at other sixth form colleges in your area. It would be good for you to have a fresh start. Re-take the subjects that you care about and maybe think about taking some different ones? I've re-taken the year and I don't feel any different to the rest of the people in my classes.

Basically, re-taking whilst doing A2s would be challenging and chaotic. You deserve a fresh start. If you've been predicted good grades, you must be smart enough!
It looks like retakes are the only option, unless you have reason to think the marking was iffy.
work harder
Reply 9
Original post by fatimabano
Okay so im doing the same subjects as you, except for economics, I take psychology instead. I got pretty bad results too, i got BCCD, What I suggest you do is drop the subject you got a U in unless its economics or maths, if it is then you can either retake this year? or you can retake the exams you did badly in along with your A2 exams, that's the only thing you can do tbh. But if you want to apply to uni this year your going to have to check their entry requirements, if they're higher than what your teachers predict you, then you'll probably have to go for deferred entry or just apply next year :frown:

Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah i think it seems as though i need to retake the year and drop Chemistry which is good as it is probably the hardest. The only problem i have with dropping it though is the fact that ive spent the whole year learning it so maybe redoing it may help?
Reply 10
Original post by BingTaoBing
If I were you, I'd take the year again. Speak to your tutor/teachers at college and ask them if it would be possible. If not, maybe start looking at other sixth form colleges in your area. It would be good for you to have a fresh start. Re-take the subjects that you care about and maybe think about taking some different ones? I've re-taken the year and I don't feel any different to the rest of the people in my classes.

Basically, re-taking whilst doing A2s would be challenging and chaotic. You deserve a fresh start. If you've been predicted good grades, you must be smart enough!

Yeah mate i think you're right in everything you said. Thanks a lot for the reply. I think it seems i have to retake the year
Hi

I suggest you focus on the basics and once you have understood that , then build on that further knowledge.

This is comming from some who got DEE in AS (Applied Business studies , Economics , Geography) all today , so i share your problem.
Reply 12
I messed up badly in my important subjects in my AS levels that I got results for today, I did Applied ICT, Chemistry, Economics and Maths, and received BBCD, which is terrible especially when I want to do Economics at uni BA or BSc. I need to carry on Econ and Maths definitely and need to retake my as maths basically along with A2 modules. As I find ICT easier, should I drop Chem or will unis not even look at me?

Quick Reply

Latest