The Student Room Group

Need help. Bad AS Results.

Hey guys,

I messed up, and I wanted to do Accounting at University but now I'm not sure. I need realistic advice.

I got

A in Biology
A in English Lit
C in Maths (Definitely retaking this to get an A, gutted)
D in Chemistry.

I don't know anymore.
Reply 1
You have two A's already... You have absolutely nothing to worry about... :lolwut: . If you can be predicted an A in maths, you should have no problem!
Reply 2
Original post by Nirgilis
You have two A's already... You have absolutely nothing to worry about... :lolwut: . If you can be predicted an A in maths, you should have no problem!

Yeah I was predicted an A at maths which is why I'm so baffled.

I'm just not happy, you know? AACD looks terrible, and do you think Universities would consider me when applying - based on the fact that I got a D? I heard they use AS levels heavily when choosing applicants.
Reply 3
Original post by Smile_124
Yeah I was predicted an A at maths which is why I'm so baffled.

I'm just not happy, you know? AACD looks terrible, and do you think Universities would consider me when applying - based on the fact that I got a D? I heard they use AS levels heavily when choosing applicants.

They use both AS and predicted grades. Don't worry. You will definitely get considered! Just write an awesome personal statement and get predicted well :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Nirgilis
They use both AS and predicted grades. Don't worry. You will definitely get considered! Just write an awesome personal statement and get predicted well :h:

I really do hope so. Thank you so much, you're lovely ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest