The Student Room Group

Advice Needed- As Grades for Uni course

As it turned out i didn't do aswell as i hoped in my As grades, Biology B, Maths B ,German B Chemistry C, (BBBC) - I enjoy both Maths and Chemistry , but the exam results don't really show this.

i know its not the end of the world , but this made it hard to choose a Uni course now. So wanted to ask which course looks the most realistic to get into, Hopefully at a Russel University. (Possible Prediction ABB)

Out of these Courses
>Bio-med- Thought you need AAA - AAB?
>Chemical engineering-difficult as i don't have an A in Chemistry nor do Physics?
>Pharmacy-Highly competitive, will these grades help me compete

Any Reply will be useful
Reply 1
Ask your teachers what they plan on predicting you , then think about what you can realistically achieve. From there, pick the course that seems most interesting to you :h: . Go on UCAS Course Search and that will show you your options and typical predicted grades required for a course :yep:
Original post by Nirgilis
Ask your teachers what they plan on predicting you , then think about what you can realistically achieve. From there, pick the course that seems most interesting to you :h: . Go on UCAS Course Search and that will show you your options and typical predicted grades required for a course :yep:

Yh that's seems like a good plan, but how much does it matter which University you go to and graduate from , there are many other Universities that do Chemical engineering but with lower requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by Itachi Uchiha.
Yh that's seems like a good plan, but how much does it matter which University you go to and graduate from , there are many other Universities that do Chemical engineering but with lower requirements.

In the sciences, it matters less the name on the degree transcript, purely because less people graduate with a science degree each year :h: . But aim high! You never know where you might end up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest