The Student Room Group

Is it just me or are the AS marks really harsh this year?

24 people in my 6th form have been kicked out today, and they are just normal students who actually worked really hard. I worked for months and months, and still only achieved BBBC, which isn't my best and it has altered my career plans greatly to the point where i'm about to give up.

Any else finding this year really tough? I honestly feel like i've failed myself, my family and even my school.

:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I have just received my As results today and they were not what I expected, oh hunn I feel exactly the same I feel like such a big failurre believe me u have not done bad at all I have achieved an E and extremely worried and depressed so yeah I think it was was very harsh
(edited 10 years ago)
I was extremely suprised by my module results. It didn't affect me overall because I did so well incother exams and coursework, but the results of these summer modules were shocking
Reply 3
Yup did'nt expect some of the marks I got... Marking this year was not good!
Law very harsh
24 kicked out? What for, and what did they get?
Reply 6
Yep, I got all C's and I've literally got no idea what to do now.
Reply 7
I think they were overally harsh seeing as my as was a B in physics and at A2 I got U's and E's I have no idea where I went wrong. :s-smilie:
yeah i got CCCd.. not what i was expecting at all! Not one single A or even a B!!
Reply 9
Original post by HotfireLegend
24 kicked out? What for, and what did they get?

Some for having AEE or anyone with more than 1 fail :frown: Seriously so harsh
Reply 10
Yh i haven't heard of anyone achieving more than an AA at AS this year?:redface:
Hi

i got DEE (Applied Buisness studies , Geography and Economics) , i felt the marking was harsh. If it wasn't the last minute rasing of English GCSE grade boundaires its this.

i expected and projected to get three C's so i am aslo very disapointed. Thankfully we have the time to improve our grades.
Reply 12
Original post by sr234
Yh i haven't heard of anyone achieving more than an AA at AS this year?:redface:

There is one person who got 5 As, another who got 3As and a B at my school, and I got BBCD...
Original post by MeganRok
Some for having AEE or anyone with more than 1 fail :frown: Seriously so harsh

That's actually probably even harsher than the marks themselves, considering each person's worth a lot (in monetary terms at the very least, too) to the school!

EDIT: I think a lot of people are misunderstanding me here - the marks are harsh, and kicking people out for the harshly-marked papers is what I view as excessive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
I was absolutely shell shocked when I got two C's in my psychology exam. I have never got anything below than a B in any pastpapers and the teacher that marks them is an examiner herself.
Reply 15
Original post by livinglife123
They were really harsh :frown:

Just got my as results and am pretty disappointed. I'm planning on resitting some units but I'm not sure on what to resit. Can no longer apply to Cambridge

Here are 2 of my results -

RS OCR - B (Total UMS 152)
History A OCR - D (Total UMS 117)

I really need A's overall, in terms of UMS what shall I resit to help me get an A overall? How many UMS marks at AS + A2 would I need to get an A at a-level? On second thoughts I really dont want to resit, is it possible to get an A by working extra hard in A2, for examplw if I get 90+% in A2, wouldn't it become A* overall? Is that a good idea?

Also, in terms of university choices do my bad as results mean that i can no longer apply to russel group unis?

Help please!

What Units did you do for History?
Reply 16
Original post by Worms
I can relate to you. I got BBBB in biology, maths, chemistry and history (and an A in general studies :ahee:) and I estimated that I was going to get AABC in the same order, so I was a little dissapointed, but it could have been a lot worse. I would also like to add that it's not just me who was dissapointed, many of my friends were also a few grades below what they were on target for. It's odd.

:console:

What board for history?
Reply 17
Original post by HotfireLegend
That's actually probably even harsher than the marks themselves, considering each person's worth a lot (in monetary terms at the very least, too) to the school!

True, but we are an academy school (not really sure on how it all works) but they basically will now just replace those people with "better" ones.. we have one of those head teachers who is all about points on the ofsted board and all that
Yep. I did not get the results I expected at all, I was only really scared about English Lit and confident about psychology. Turns out, Psychology was my worst and Eng lit my best. My results are so bad... I'm not even going to post it, they will make your eyes bleed. But I did 'pass' them all (Hence AS pass rate is A-E). I'm really depressed as I've now been booted out of my sixthform. I don't know where else to go.
People say that every year. It isn't the end of the world.

Quick Reply

Latest