The Student Room Group

AEA Mathematics 25/06 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
Thanks, I wouldn't say they're that impressive though and I was hoping for more but what's annoying about the Chemistry is if my coursework didn't get marked down I would've gotten the A* -.-

My coursework got marked down in physics as well. It went from full marks (60 UMS) to 48 UMS. This made me miss out on the A* in physics which was a bit annoying.
Original post by brittanna
My coursework got marked down in physics as well. It went from full marks (60 UMS) to 48 UMS. This made me miss out on the A* in physics which was a bit annoying.

That's unfortunate but at least you're in now, after the long year of preparation you deserve it as you did so much more work so congratulations :biggrin:
Got a Merit, so have met Baths offer! :eek:

to repeat what someone else said earlier, is there a way of finding out our marks for AEA?
Reply 303
Original post by mathsman77

to repeat what someone else said earlier, is there a way of finding out our marks for AEA?

Do you no longer get it on your A-Level slips?
Original post by shamika
Do you no longer get it on your A-Level slips?

Apparently not, I just have an 'M' next to it on my results sheet. However, AEA results were problematic at my college as at first they did not appear on the system.
A distinction. I actually have no Idea how I did that.... Considering I almost got an S in STEP I I had a very good day that day...
Reply 306
Original post by Rainingshame
A distinction. I actually have no Idea how I did that.... Considering I almost got an S in STEP I I had a very good day that day...

Well done, 6 hours of hardcore maths is not easy :smile:
Eh, Merit. Not bad!
Original post by shamika
Well done, 6 hours of hardcore maths is not easy :smile:

By the end of STEP III the next day I could barely think. I slept 30 hours out of the 48 that followed :P. I think I slept for 2
And thank you.:smile:
A distinction for me!! Got into Imperial College which they need me to get a merit. Hope you guys meet the offers too!
Reply 310
Original post by shamika
PRSOM well done :smile:

np
Thank you very much!
How did you do?
Reply 311
Yeah, I was unsuccessful but I always knew that would be the case, just got to be the best at Nottingham now :tongue:

That's unfortunate man, I wish we could have met. The maths will be just as awesome at Nottingham though I'm sure, its still a pretty good achievement, you should be happy :smile:
Reply 312
Original post by brittanna
Well done on getting into Warwick! Did you get the distinction in the end :tongue:?

No I didn't :colondollar:, I probably just missed it, I calculated my marks yesterday many times getting a 69 1 off, including my arithmetic errors and all. I reckon getting an A* in Physics was also helpful.
How did you do results and Uni wise?
Original post by jarasta
That's unfortunate man, I wish we could have met. The maths will be just as awesome at Nottingham though I'm sure, its still a pretty good achievement, you should be happy :smile:

Thanks, yeah I'm sure it's pretty decent at Nottingham it's just annoying to have to sort everything else out now as well :-/
Original post by mathsman77

Your school will have them if they search hard enough.
Reply 315
Original post by jarasta
np
Thank you very much!
How did you do?

How did I do on AEA? I got a distinction... in 2002 :tongue:
Reply 316
Original post by shamika
How did I do on AEA? I got a distinction... in 2002 :tongue:

Ha :colondollar:, I had a feeling you have been out of school for a long time! But I wasn't really sure.
Well anyway, congrats on that awesome grade!
Reply 317
Thanks, yeah I'm sure it's pretty decent at Nottingham it's just annoying to have to sort everything else out now as well :-/

I imagine it's not an ideal situation at all. But hey this only the beginning, you can attend 2 more different unis after this, (masters and PhD), so Warwick is always there if you would like to go there sometime.
Original post by jarasta
I imagine it's not an ideal situation at all. But hey this only the beginning, you can attend 2 more different unis after this, (masters and PhD), so Warwick is always there if you would like to go there sometime.

Well I'm going into the integrated masters course so I've still got a PhD to go somewhere else but I'm not too sure I'll actually want to do one after 4 years, I'll just be the very best at Nottingham :tongue:
Original post by jarasta
No I didn't :colondollar:, I probably just missed it, I calculated my marks yesterday many times getting a 69 1 off, including my arithmetic errors and all. I reckon getting an A* in Physics was also helpful.
How did you do results and Uni wise?

But you still got into warwick which is what matters :tongue:.

I got 3 A*'s and an A in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
I got a distinction in AEA :biggrin: and so I got into Warwick :biggrin:. I'll see you there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending